Thread: I can't patch to test live

I can't patch to test live

Not sure if this is the right forum, sorry in advance if I put this in the wrong place

I am on the current patch for the normal client, 18.6.16
    I make a duplicate of the client then attempt to patch
    I get an error
    Past experience has me feeling like I just need to edit some line to get the patcher working right
    However, I can't find any documentation on this

Anyone able to help?
    Thanks!
    ::Veteran of Divine::
    Thecrowalt1 - 220/19/62 - Solitus Keeper - Clan - Gimped
    Thecrow91 - 132/7/? - Solitus Doctor - Clan - First Toon
    Many others under 100

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    AO is too hard.. better nerf all content

Funcom employee

If you duplicated your client with the Testlive Duper, found on the main AO site, you can try to go into your Testlive folder, located the version.id file, and edit it to be something like 18.6.16_EP1 to 18.6.16.4_EP1.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

This is also discussed on a different thread ...

It would seem this will continue to happen for your first visit to Test-Live 18.6.x.x.x.x ...

From the other thread: http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...18-patch-issue

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    @Tigerengi: I think Michizure means editing the content of the version.id file on the Testlive folder manually to 18.6.16.4_EP1
    It's a text file so notepad works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    I also had this issue ... deleted my old install of the Testserver including the APP folders. I found and edited the version folder and now it does not ask for a Patch.

Why is this issue occurring? Will this stop once the next patch to Testlive is out there? Or, will it continue until we are back to having 18.7 on the testserver? If it a "version" issue ... why isn't the testserver version re-named to match Live if that is what it has loaded up? Or, would that create new troubles?

Emma
    Emma

ftr: You can find the exact patch number to use by looking at https://aoitems.com/history/. The TL patch number is located under the "build" column. So for 18.6.16, you can see the build number is 18.6.16.4. While for 18.6.15, it's 18.6.15.3.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    If you duplicated your client with the Testlive Duper, found on the main AO site, you can try to go into your Testlive folder, located the version.id file, and edit it to be something like 18.6.16_EP1 to 18.6.16.4_EP1.
    That did the trick!
    ::Veteran of Divine::
    Thecrowalt1 - 220/19/62 - Solitus Keeper - Clan - Gimped
    Thecrow91 - 132/7/? - Solitus Doctor - Clan - First Toon
    Many others under 100

Quote Originally Posted by Otansaanpas View Post
    AO is too hard.. better nerf all content