Thread: Very bad server and bot lag lately

Very bad server and bot lag lately

Any explanation as to why everyone is getting such lag in game now since last update? seems to be getting worse daily and the communication between bots is at an all time slow. And some lag ingame of 10-15 seconds and boom team is dead or scrounging around and picking up body parts.

This has been increasingly over last weeks...... Please inform us!

I dont experience that much lag ingame, except the usual random lagspikes every now and then.
    Bot's lagging like mad, is most likely due to an issue with the people of rubi-ka site. All requests end in a "504 Gateway Time-out" error.
    And since bots pull character info's off that site, they lag each time someone logs on or uses !whois

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

I was about to start a thread of my own after last night's Inferno mish. Everything I did, if it was attacking, perking or healing, took up to 5 seconds. And this has been happening for quite some time every now and then. I'm aware of the usual lag here and there every once in a while, but lately it's just getting too much. Even zoning can take forever and too often I can't zone at all and get the very well known error of playshifting failed.
    Another thing is, that since I returned to the game almost two years ago I haven't had a single ld ever. Until a week ago, when it suddenly started to be part of AO. I had five ld's in a row and two more later on. I then gave up on logging back in.
    I'm aware that the bot lag is caused from PoRK having issue, but afaik it's not some external thing, so it's in AO's responsibilty as well to fix that?

I would love a statement as well. Especially since the holidays are coming up, and I was planning to escape from christmas by playing AO.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

I was experiencing huge delays in both chatclient and gameclient. However, my ips company were hacked during this time, so that might have something to do with it. If anyone else uses Telia netservers, this could be the cause. (Swedish company).
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VuMdLm0ccU

when one of the hamsters slacks, we all get lag
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Hm. I've noticed bot lag to be pretty bad at times when I've popped my head in this last week. Didn't notice game responsiveness issues though. Then again the combat stuff I was doing was inside instances so YMMV.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Seems a bit better, And Diffs - too funny, had to share with my wife.