Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Regarding biodome armor for clans and omni.

Regarding biodome armor for clans and omni.

a org m8 came up with a good point tonight discussing the:

Enhanced Kegern's Molybdenum Plate Vest
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=272450

Enhanced Jathos' Molybdenum Plate Vest
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=272444

the diffrence is that omni jathos gives aao and clan gives aad.
    many found it unfair that clans has aad becose its very beneficial for pvp.
    for example NT, the biodome armor is so perfect that they can use full set becose of hp, nano% dmg and aad in the clan version and it makes em complete for pvp and pvm. but if they use omni version they kinda loose allot of aad wich is realy important for a nt.
    this is just a example how big the diffence is, becose a omni nt are totaly useless if he tries to pvp or solo with the omni version compared to clan version.

anyways my org m8 wonderd why cant we just right click the armor and it switch on aad and aao so it becomes viable for evryone.
    i liked his idea so much that i wanted to share it and hope it could be looked at.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Dec 4th, 2014 at 03:58:59.

The reality is that the AAO is really good for other profs, not to mention the nanoskills (notably, on engineer, doctor the nanoskills and AAO are highly useful, while AAD is not),

Ya, Click to change is ideal.

But the overall impact is pretty small. And I think you are really blowing the value out of proportion, i.e. if an NT uses to PVP in it becomes "totally useless". That's just ridiculous. if losing whatever 10 AAD or what it is causes an NT to become "totally useless" then I must be completely uneducated about NT survival in PVP. In my experience, NT survival has nothing to do with AAD, and has everything to do with 1. blockers, 2. NS2 3. NBG/NBS 4. getting the eff out of range of the zerg before you're dead 5. MEEP. somewhere in 6-10th place I suppose is AAD, but it's not AAD on a piece or two of armour that's going to help so much, it's IHM/CP/motherwolf/IDM/pred buff/awakening/immi/towers/symbiants/armour/huds/utils/token boards/ etc.

So somehow raising the value of armour beyond other gear choices which clearly have MUCH greater magnitudes of those same stats merely shows that you are hyper and inaccurately inflating value on stats that realistically only offer negligible if not marginal gains where clear observation of the armour in light of other available stats CLEARLY indicates that HP is the beneficial draw on that piece of armour, NOT AAD.

Otherwise, you should be using mystical force or Combined mercenaries/ combined scouts in chest, DB sleeves, and other evasion oriented armour in appropriate slots.

i do agree with OP, the clan version is a lot better than the omni one and should be switchable on right click.

Clickable would make sense, there are more than a few items that do that in game already xan beta ear/thigh for example.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by slythea View Post
    i do agree with OP, the clan version is a lot better than the omni one and should be switchable on right click.
    Then all omni/clan items should have this option. And there are plenty of these.

Before any of this nonsense we need med suits in clan shops...

Stop the tyranny of the big business!!!!!
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

I like the idea. Much.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    But the overall impact is pretty small. And I think you are really blowing the value out of proportion, i.e. if an NT uses to PVP in it becomes "totally useless". That's just ridiculous. if losing whatever 10 AAD or what it is causes an NT to become "totally useless" then I must be completely uneducated about NT survival in PVP.
    Well, when you wear a full set of eJathos it's 87 AAD. That's some more than 10.
    I'm not saying that 87 AAD less make an NT entirely useless, but I think the difference is bigger than you think.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    Then all omni/clan items should have this option. And there are plenty of these.
    then why did clan cry so much about the micro kinetic freddi sleeves? im fine with different items that require a specific faction like arbalest for example. if you want to wear it as omni you can (costs you 2 side changes but its doable). yes you can do the same with the armor, but we all know that you have to change armor a lot to adapt to various situations, where else the weapon is more like a static thing in most cases.

also i think an endgame armor which is best for certain profs should not be locked to one side, especially if that side has 75% of rks player base.

Quote Originally Posted by Humlee View Post
    Before any of this nonsense we need med suits in clan shops...

Stop the tyranny of the big business!!!!!
    its like putting omni only flag on the med suits it would be hella unfair, just like the biodome armor is right now.

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    The reality is that the AAO is really good for other profs, not to mention the nanoskills (notably, on engineer, doctor the nanoskills and AAO are highly useful, while AAD is not),

Ya, Click to change is ideal.

But the overall impact is pretty small. And I think you are really blowing the value out of proportion, i.e. if an NT uses to PVP in it becomes "totally useless". That's just ridiculous. if losing whatever 10 AAD or what it is causes an NT to become "totally useless" then I must be completely uneducated about NT survival in PVP. In my experience, NT survival has nothing to do with AAD, and has everything to do with 1. blockers, 2. NS2 3. NBG/NBS 4. getting the eff out of range of the zerg before you're dead 5. MEEP. somewhere in 6-10th place I suppose is AAD, but it's not AAD on a piece or two of armour that's going to help so much, it's IHM/CP/motherwolf/IDM/pred buff/awakening/immi/towers/symbiants/armour/huds/utils/token boards/ etc.

So somehow raising the value of armour beyond other gear choices which clearly have MUCH greater magnitudes of those same stats merely shows that you are hyper and inaccurately inflating value on stats that realistically only offer negligible if not marginal gains where clear observation of the armour in light of other available stats CLEARLY indicates that HP is the beneficial draw on that piece of armour, NOT AAD.

Otherwise, you should be using mystical force or Combined mercenaries/ combined scouts in chest, DB sleeves, and other evasion oriented armour in appropriate slots.
    yes 87 aad is abselutly nothing, your not the real mclnuckle are you? becose you were so way off here that it didnt sound like you at all. i also seen your previous threads changed allot from old times with suddently oposite opinions of what you used to.
    also if you read jathos is good becose it has nano% dmg pr pieace+hp+87 aad in all.
    you know one of the top nt's we had in Ao TheDevil wich has inzane duel rate etc uses full jathos wich you here claimed to be wrong armor for a nt. who is your 220 nt if i may ask since you come with theese statements anyways?
    also you basicly caled thedevil a noob, i wont realy argue about that you think so, but in my eyes and in most other eyes i am sure hes known as the best with mdfmk or whatever his name is.
    Last edited by Le-Quack; Dec 4th, 2014 at 15:20:51.

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    clans have str/sta sleeves

clans have arbalist

most omni/clan items have equal attributes but the biodome armor is extremely one sided in terms of usefulness
    Emergenzee Level 220 'Trustworthy' Doctor
    Circle of Notum

Hand Crafted Unionist Arbalest http://auno.org/ao/db.php?id=208089 should be available to be hacked so omni can use to, its indeed a very powerfull weapon for tl 5 and even for some tl 7 to swap. clans got omni gear so funcom should consider to change some clan gear for omni

The only reason my posts sound different from how they used to is that there's no reason NOW to complain - you can just make whatever OP toon you want in a fraction of the time it took to build one back when we were young.

In 2007, it took a effing long time to build a twink/220 since there was no dailies. Nowadays, you can just fire one up in less than a month.

Got a problem with keeper? roll shade.

Got a problem with MP? Roll crat.

See you at 220 tomorrow.

I personally love this idea. Would potentially see more characters use this armorset, I know I would use the +AAO chest on at least 2-3 of my chars ^
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

soon there will be "hacked" versoin of each...just applied "screw driver" in next patch ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

I disapprove this entire thread. I personally like having a noticeable difference between clan/omni equipment. I think there should be more side locked equipment with differences. Choosing sides should have certain benefits or disadvantages. Same with apocalypse leather or Omni steel ribbed.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I'm Clan, but I agree that this should be clickable. Fair is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I disapprove this entire thread. I personally like having a noticeable difference between clan/omni equipment. I think there should be more side locked equipment with differences. Choosing sides should have certain benefits or disadvantages. Same with apocalypse leather or Omni steel ribbed.
    i guess then the med suit should have had an omni flag from the beginning and its now more than due to add it! its called omni med suit and is only sold in omni shops, so clearly its not meant for clans.

Quote Originally Posted by slythea View Post
    i guess then the med suit <snip>.
    Let me just stop you there, because what I said was "more side locked equipment with differences". Meaning each side has something similar but not identical in choices. I even cited Apocalypse leather or Omni steel ribbed as examples of "similar tradeskill evade type armor that has differences".

I did not advocate for one of a kind items to be side locked. Just that SIMILAR items that are side locked should indeed have differences.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

biodome armor is one of a kind for certain professions why i think it should be clickable to change on aad and aao.
    same as the hand craftet crossbow wich i dont get is clan only and not made into a hacked version so omnis can use it to.

but i realy hope dev's read this thread and can take what has ben said here into consideration

I suppose we see it differently. I see very similar armor with main difference being 1 has aad/evades the other has aao/nano skills. If we were talking froobs maybe the difference is a big deal, but for pay accounts not so much with all the other choices available.

But that's just my opinion I don't think it should be the same for both sides. Should be definite choices and benefits/drawbacks for being on one side or the other. Not just cookie cutter clones.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast