Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regarding biodome armor for clans and omni.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    I suppose we see it differently. I see very similar armor with main difference being 1 has aad/evades the other has aao/nano skills. If we were talking froobs maybe the difference is a big deal, but for pay accounts not so much with all the other choices available.

But that's just my opinion I don't think it should be the same for both sides. Should be definite choices and benefits/drawbacks for being on one side or the other. Not just cookie cutter clones.
    I can understand your point of view, it is pretty similar to how Neuts suddenly had the same endgame gear as Clan/Omni with AI/LE release. But because of these changes, I don't see why we should now insist on different armors for different factions?
    As I see it, either we have tons of differences for Omni/Clan/Neut in regard of armor, weapons, even symbs etc (which I'd really like) - or none at all. You can't expect someone to choose a side (nowadays) over one or two armor sets and one mid level pvp weapon.
    Last edited by Baby; Dec 6th, 2014 at 22:44:19. Reason: typo
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Getting and spending victory points should solely be for the two factions.

Fencesitters clearly shouldnt be able to participate in a war and get commendation for it.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Quote Originally Posted by Humlee View Post
    Getting and spending victory points should solely be for the two factions.

Fencesitters clearly shouldnt be able to participate in a war and get commendation for it.
    + roleplaying pvmers' (with no clue about game mechanics) opinions shouldn't really be taken into account when it comes to pvp related suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    + roleplaying pvmers' (with no clue about game mechanics) opinions shouldn't really be taken into account when it comes to pvp related suggestions.
    I applaud you for the insight, about time.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

+ Higher AR vs Lower Def = moar hitz and critz is such a complicated game mechanic I don't know if most players can actually count or just all use the same cookie cutter setups expecting different results?

MR + AS FTW rinse- repeat is so kewl. Now everyone can pvp!
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Stop with the snark, people.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Dont the new inferno missions drop +4 ability omni bracers, and mostly nodrop 2+ clan ones? Or have I not seen the +4 yesdrop clan versions yet?

If anything this is more of a robbery than silly aad vs aao on biodome.
    Last edited by Humlee; Dec 11th, 2014 at 15:27:06.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Quote Originally Posted by Humlee View Post
    Dont the new inferno missions drop +4 ability omni bracers, and mostly nodrop 2+ clan ones? Or have I not seen the +4 yesdrop clan versions yet?

If anything this is more of a robbery than silly aad vs aao on biodome.
    in case thats true then it should be fixed youre right. however it has nothing to do with biodome armor just like omni med suit, arbalest or freddie sleeves.

--> biodome armor is a endgame armor which has a lot better stats for clans than for omnis. if you wear this (hp) armor your ar is crap anyway. on top of that hp is a kind of def skill (makes you stand longer in most scenarios) aad falls right into that drawer and makes hp even more valuable.

clan: jathos

First aid 70
    Treatment 36
    Perception 98
    Nano cost modifier -25
    Defense modifier 87
    Duck explosives 28
    Dodge ranged 28
    Evade close 28
    Nano resist 28
    Heal delta 21

omni: kegerns

Offense modifier 87
    Nano init 98

Melee init 98
    Ranged init 98
    Physical init 98
    Matter metamorphosis 27
    Biological metamorphosis 27
    Psychological modifications 27
    Matter creation 27
    Time and space 27
    Sensory improvement 27
    Concealment 98
    Nano delta 21
    okay now those are the skills that vary from each other. i highlighted those which are crucial in pvp and pvm.. does that look fair to you guys?

i will state my opinion, of course others will differ:

clan ............... omni
    115 def + 27 nr >> 87 aao
    25ncr >> 27 nano skills
    21 heal delta >> 21 nano delta
    98 perc > 98 conc

70 first aid < 98 inits + nano init

Quote Originally Posted by slythea View Post
    --> biodome armor is a endgame armor which has a lot better stats for clans than for omnis. if you wear this (hp) armor your ar is crap anyway. on top of that hp is a kind of def skill (makes you stand longer in most scenarios) aad falls right into that drawer and makes hp even more valuable.
    I would only suggest that for some profs kergens could be more valuable, most notably nano casting profs, NT, Doc, Trad, MP. While Keep, Fix, MA, Shade could benefit more from jathos.

I just don't see the 28 pts evades from FULL set being anywhere near as good as mix of ofab (various bonuses) and 1-2 Observant parts (30pts evades EACH).

At least not enough to make a vanilla switch. It's not so much about side it's about the fact that some profs benefit more than others from the variations of the armor. I think that variety is flavor. Sadly given the option, most players would all pick the same cookie cutter setup. That to me is just an abomination of game mechanics.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

I would only suggest that for some profs kergens could be more valuable, most notably nano casting profs, NT, Doc, Trad, MP. While Keep, Fix, MA, Shade could benefit more from jathos.
    you just shot your own knee because the ncr is on the CLAN armor! unless you mean someone would put on a fullset of armor for 27 nano skills..

I just don't see the 28 pts evades from FULL set being anywhere near as good as mix of ofab (various bonuses) and 1-2 Observant parts (30pts evades EACH).
    its not about 28 evades more, but the fact that 115 def is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than 87 aao

on top of that there is no "keep, fix, ma, shade" that would ever put on kegerns (i assume you meant kegerns, to make sense of what youve contributed). on the other hand, jathos with hp and def is actually viable for them including a mr setup.
    Last edited by slythea; Dec 11th, 2014 at 16:38:45.

Huh?

What I said was that some nano casting profs might choose the armor that gives a few extra points in nano skills as opposed to a few extra points in evades. Conversely combat profs more geared towards evades might choose a few extra points in evades instead of nano skills.

Ultimately combined scouts would satisfy both armor differences. The main point was it is purely opinion and personal choice which armor type better suits YOUR playstyle. I personally like seeing different choices based on side. I would not vote for this type of change just for change sake. Saying one armor type is better than the other is purely opinion because the stats you find best for how you play your toon does not mean 100% of all players agree or play the same.

FYI <its not about 28 evades more, but the fact that 115 def is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than 87 aao> 114 offense for nano casting profs is pretty equal to 115 def. You didn't add the nano skills in there did you?
    Last edited by Psikie; Dec 11th, 2014 at 16:55:16.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Huh?

What I said was that some nano casting profs might choose the armor that gives a few extra points in nano skills as opposed to a few extra points in evades. Conversely combat profs more geared towards evades might choose a few extra points in evades instead of nano skills.

Ultimately combined scouts would satisfy both armor differences. The main point was it is purely opinion and personal choice which armor type better suits YOUR playstyle. I personally like seeing different choices based on side. I would not vote for this type of change just for change sake. Saying one armor type is better than the other is purely opinion because the stats you find best for how you play your toon does not mean 100% of all players agree or play the same.
    it sounds all nice and good when you talk about choosing the armor pieces your playstyle requires. you talk about taking 27 nano skills over 115 def because of that theoretically existing play style..

FYI <its not about 28 evades more, but the fact that 115 def is MUCH MUCH MUCH better than 87 aao> 114 offense for nano casting profs is pretty equal to 115 def. You didn't add the nano skills in there did you?
    then how about you give me an example which nano caster would do that? mp? nt? crat? theres no way either of them would sacrifice that much def vs nanoskills. of course its not the entire set and probably only 1-2 pieces in most cases. but the relation is still preserved when you calculate it down.

if we focus on the main points of the armor why you actually wear it instead of ai armor (hp and def) then we can conclude that the jathos armor is some kind of combined observant + enduring which is only accessible for clan. i just dont think its fair.

Well couple of things to bare in mind, Moly armor may be end game but it is still not combined armor. For a poorman's buff armor that may not have even beta symbs let alone alpha symbs those extra nano skills can make a world of difference in ability to self cast top nanos. Also for caster profs NT, trader, doc defense is important but so is landing nanos and nano effectiveness. MP's that use creation weapons even more so.

Again different play styles do exist. Another example could well be any player wanting more offense to actually hit targets easier. Having defense is great but you can't win if you can't hit and do damage. There are other factors to bring in also, how much difference 100ish extra defense protects you versus how much difference 100ish offense means you can kill before being killed.

My Story

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by slythea View Post
    clan ............... omni
    115 def + 27 nr >> 87 aao
    25ncr >> 27 nano skills
    21 heal delta >> 21 nano delta
    98 perc > 98 conc

70 first aid < 98 inits + nano init
    Depend of the prof you play. On engi i prefer 87 aao+nanoskil from def of jathos. And about aao it is 2*aao for ai perk

And you still can change side ekip armor and come back. Not like token are an issue nowaday (yes you cant swap armor anymore but :X)
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

also clan gets evades, where omni gets inits.
    oops old info
    Last edited by Soju; Jan 27th, 2015 at 22:26:12.

Bump. Mainly because farming a new set after side changing 10 220s is mildly annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Castledoc View Post
    Bump. Mainly because farming a new set after side changing 10 220s is mildly annoying.
    The idea theorized in this thread wouldn't affect flip-flops on the beach, silly fish. ( no snark, I know castle, if that is his real name

right-click to change mods, not side of armor.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12