Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - November 2014 (Gobble gobble)

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    Temple of Three Winds will kick out players above 70; similar functionality will be placed into other dungeons with 18.7. I would like to know which dungeons and what levels, so I can start protesting now
    Foremans/Biomare, S10, S7 are only ones that need this. I'm not sure if subway already has it too. And then there is start island, though there are rumors about how it works... IS, Step of Madness, Smuggler's Den, Cyborg Barracks are other that come to mind. For IS this doesn't make sense and Smuggler's could be argued for, Cyborg Barracks is needed for some professional rings.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Foremans/Biomare, S10, S7 are only ones that need this. I'm not sure if subway already has it too. And then there is start island, though there are rumors about how it works... IS, Step of Madness, Smuggler's Den, Cyborg Barracks are other that come to mind. For IS this doesn't make sense and Smuggler's could be argued for, Cyborg Barracks is needed for some professional rings.
    IS has stuff even some 220's need, so would be stupid. Cyborg Barracks? Isn't that where we go when doing AI 3 quest? Noob Island already kicks you out at level 20.

Basically, you're just making assumptions. I would like an official answer.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    IS has stuff even some 220's need, so would be stupid. Cyborg Barracks? Isn't that where we go when doing AI 3 quest? Noob Island already kicks you out at level 20.

Basically, you're just making assumptions. I would like an official answer.
    Subway, Foremans, S10, S7, and the starter island are the only ones I had planned on applying this to. Foremans and Subway will allow for a few levels about the entrance cap, similar to ToTW (105 and 30, respectively), while the Sectors and starter playfields will not.

If such things were applied to other dungeons, such as CoH, IS, Cyborg Barracks, etc, that loot could be made available elsewhere, similar to how Foremans loot can be found off of RK bosses.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Thanks, that was actually the answer I was hoping for (Although now I've got nothing to protest )
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by jihnna View Post
    thanks, that was actually the answer i was hoping for (although now i've got nothing to protest )
    my pants are too tight !

I'd rather leave the dungeons that don't have an upper level limit without an upper level limit (CoH, SoM, IS etc)

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    Subway, Foremans, S10, S7, and the starter island are the only ones I had planned on applying this to. Foremans and Subway will allow for a few levels about the entrance cap, similar to ToTW (105 and 30, respectively), while the Sectors and starter playfields will not.

If such things were applied to other dungeons, such as CoH, IS, Cyborg Barracks, etc, that loot could be made available elsewhere, similar to how Foremans loot can be found off of RK bosses.
    There are RK Bosses somewhere that drop CDR's and/or Tim scope?

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post

Emma
    CDR drops from one of those Notum Soldiers.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post

Emma
    Yep, I believe Raggy is right about the CDR

Between the Eastern Foul Plains unique "Solider" bosses, and the Perpetual Wastelands Dust Brigade generals, I think all the Foremans loot is available. Specifically, if memory serves, the TIM Scope drops from General Kronillis.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

I wish the same was true for some of the ToTW items, especially those that have no upgrade from IS.

(I'm talking about the two MA attacks)

Edit: Changed the first IS to ToTW, thank you Criticaldmg
    Last edited by Humlee; Jan 14th, 2015 at 22:19:22.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

You mean ToTW... Tree of Enlightenment (no IS version)+ Ape Fist of Khalum (the IS "upgrade" is actually crappier).

There's also Keeper's Vitality - the only +str waist implant in the game.
    (Did you make this kick>70 change because I had to camp ToTW to lvl 72(?) just to get this implant on my fr00b MA around half a year ago?)

And... Skull of the Ancient, again, the one and only (non prof locked) buff head implant (+6 to all base) in the game (the IS version, The Primeval Skull, I'm not even sure drops).
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

Between the Eastern Foul Plains unique "Solider" bosses, and the Perpetual Wastelands Dust Brigade generals, I think all the Foremans loot is available. Specifically, if memory serves, the TIM Scope drops from General Kronillis.
    Speaking of which, can you nerf those generals? I want old DB armor for social, but nobody wants to help me farm it

Last i checked ALL the DB Generals have broken loot tables and only drop the DB 1 Access card. I've reported it multiple times after killing them multiple times (Trying to get DB Trooper armor) and seen nothing ever drop but those bloody access cards. Please look at fixing this
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Michi, if you put a lvl cap on Cyborg Barracks it will break the ai3 quest.

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    You mean ToTW... Tree of Enlightenment (no IS version)+ Ape Fist of Khalum (the IS "upgrade" is actually crappier).

(Did you make this kick>70 change because I had to camp ToTW to lvl 72(?) just to get this implant on my fr00b MA around half a year ago?)

And... Skull of the Ancient, again, the one and only (non prof locked) buff head implant (+6 to all base) in the game (the IS version, The Primeval Skull, I'm not even sure drops).
    Skull of the Ancient does not drop, The Primeval Skull does. You have it backwards

I'm fairly certain that it at least used to drop in around 2006/7, I have witnessed it being looted at least twice myself (back then).
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

When I started playing in January 2008, I was told it didn't drop, and I have never seen someone loot it, heard of someone looting it, or seen it on any character even

Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    When I started playing in January 2008, I was told it didn't drop, and I have never seen someone loot it, heard of someone looting it, or seen it on any character even
    Pretty much this. In over 10 years of play I havn't seen or heard of anyone actually having it.
    Last edited by Raggy; Jan 15th, 2015 at 20:43:54.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by hamms View Post
    Michi, if you put a lvl cap on Cyborg Barracks it will break the ai3 quest.
    Don't worry, I don't have plans on restricting access to dungeons that currently allow players up to 220 to enter it. Cyborg Barracks will remain the same in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post

I'll review what the various RK bosses drop. I have no qualms with expanding their loot to include some ToTW uniques, in addition to ensuring some of these rare items are droppable.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

I'll review what the various RK bosses drop. I have no qualms with expanding their loot to include some ToTW uniques, in addition to ensuring some of these rare items are droppable.
    Would it be possible, then, to add "Inner Faith" to one of the current ToTW bosses, maybe Khalum or Reverend Hyuan? It's not a super important thing, but its another one of those mythical AO items that don't exist in-game for unknown reasons. I can see how it would be a nice item for both newbies and low level twinks adding a really nice amount of strength, among other useful stuff.
    Vinkera - Soli NT - 426k DPM - Setup
    Robbey - Soli Crat

Lone anarchists - Tower of Babil

Celez - Soli Doc
    Loaloa - Soli Enf
    Wondershot - Nano Soldier
    Robzor - Soli Engi
    Proserpexa - Opi Agent

Trying out civilization - Storm

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast