Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: CCP making changes to EULA and multi boxing rules.

I hope funcom decides to handle it as well as CCP did.

We work in the same industry Digital, though I'm more of a hired gun than full timer. I do however have a duel monitor set up at home also again because reasons, like VST's, buses etc.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

@Caloss2: For me there's just no way a single monitor would do anymore. The ability to see the mixer, transport, the tracks, the vst/other effects all in the screens at the same time makes things a lot more effective. I just have to control myself to not get "as many monitors as I can fit here", since I still run out of space when doing work that involves syncing w/ video.
    It's a nice industry, but it can/will take up a lot of your time if you do go full time.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    @Caloss2: For me there's just no way a single monitor would do anymore. The ability to see the mixer, transport, the tracks, the vst/other effects all in the screens at the same time makes things a lot more effective. I just have to control myself to not get "as many monitors as I can fit here", since I still run out of space when doing work that involves syncing w/ video.
    It's a nice industry, but it can/will take up a lot of your time if you do go full time.
    Yeah it's basically vocational when you go full time, these days after some successful writing meant I could just stick with the session work and keep friends/family time with a bit of time left over for AO heh
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

@Caloss2: I get that heh. I don't think I could lower my pace at this point though. Maybe in a few more years.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Come on guys..

All these theories about how everything also possible is more or less the same as using hotkeynet to control X accounts.

NOTHING and NOONE can react/perform as fast and devastating as a boxer using software like HKN. Anyone who has witnessed this in pvp, with or against must acknowledge that since AO became heavy MB'ed (pvp) the scene has drastically changed, and actual PLAYER VS PLAYER is non existing. If you deny this then a) you've never done actual NW PvP in the last year and a half, or b) you're blindly cheerleading the evil just to spite.
    Instability:
    Humlebien
    Neophyte
    Whereishumle
    Callmebetty
    Humlox
    Betty
    Melankolia

Quote Originally Posted by Voiran View Post
    You most likely dont have any actual proof that 25% of population left after multiboxing was allowed. ....
    This is the last few months worth of AO population tracking data, you can see the effect MB'ing had quite clearly...

http://i59.tinypic.com/2dhw5k1.jpg
    Last edited by lyledesol; Dec 2nd, 2014 at 23:30:41.
    Quote Originally Posted by randymp View Post
    you have caught on .... Fc does nothing to attract and or keep players, just about every decision they have made recently has been a ploy to drive people away.

But if they removed Multiboxing, how else would Demon Inside clear 6 towerfields an hour?

Seriously, it's not going to be removed, you think FC are going to just give up on all those paid accounts?

. i understand if people are jealous to those who can afford running multiple accounts. there is also possibility to buy game time with ingame money
    LOL?

Most people who left had 2-4 accounts active. Nothing to do with jealousy you just want to believe so. Like you want to believe multiboxing had nothing to do with population drop.

Making claims like that just makes you look ignorant and delusional. Sorry to say so

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    LOL?

Most people who left had 2-4 accounts active. Nothing to do with jealousy you just want to believe so. Like you want to believe multiboxing had nothing to do with population drop.

Making claims like that just makes you look ignorant and delusional. Sorry to say so
    doesnt matter if you say "most people lleft with 2-4 account " and saying multiboxing has something to do with population drop makes yourselft look delusional. If you didn't know multiboxing is very commonly known in mmo gaming industry. Go say to blizzard forum how multiboxing is reducing wow population and come copy paste all replies.

doesnt matter if you say "most people lleft with 2-4 account " and saying multiboxing has something to do with population drop makes yourselft look delusional. If you didn't know multiboxing is very commonly known in mmo gaming industry. Go say to blizzard forum how multiboxing is reducing wow population and come copy paste all replies.
    Like fighting windmills here so this will be my last reply...

Maybe it is commonly known in mmo's. But that claim just shows how little you know how it affects games that has all ready low population and broken pvp mechanics.
    Why do think EVE is banning multiboxing? Now go and think really hard maybe it will come to you.

Quote Originally Posted by fakiiri View Post
    Like fighting windmills here so this will be my last reply...

Maybe it is commonly known in mmo's. But that claim just shows how little you know how it affects games that has all ready low population and broken pvp mechanics.
    Why do think EVE is banning multiboxing? Now go and think really hard maybe it will come to you.
    everybody knows pvp mechanics are broken but i still havent seen valid reason why it shouldnt be allowed in pvm and in eve there where people botting and not multiboxing. And dont call me a windmill

in eve there where people botting and not multiboxing. And dont call me a windmill
    People were MBing and using input multiplexing in a number of scenarios. I get that you see no issues what so ever with MBing and input multiplexing in AO, I'm not going to bother trying to have a discussion with you. I would simply ask that you refrain from making comments that are blatant speculation or even worse, misleading lies.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

MB alone isn't that big problem. Instant team meep without any locks is way more annoying whether u MB or not.

(before random pvmers start telling how to stun/nsd/fear etc.)
    - can't fear fixers
    - nsd could be useful against one fixer but as you can see there are very often multiple fixers or fp fixers in one team.
    - stun/zerging does work but it's very easy to just meep when you spot ppl on map.

Would love to see some serious meep nerf so people would be forced to pvp. Either capped cast time or lock everyone in team for 30mins+.

Also the NW mechanics are just boring. Could fix some other stuff too and maybe people would cry less about MB/grief etc.
    NW is 90% waiting at rally and the actual pvp might last one minute or not happen at all (meeps).

Quote Originally Posted by Paavalniemi View Post
    MB alone isn't that big problem. Instant team meep without any locks is way more annoying whether u MB or not.

(before random pvmers start telling how to stun/nsd/fear etc.)
    - can't fear fixers
    - nsd could be useful against one fixer but as you can see there are very often multiple fixers or fp fixers in one team.
    - stun/zerging does work but it's very easy to just meep when you spot ppl on map.

Would love to see some serious meep nerf so people would be forced to pvp. Either capped cast time or lock everyone in team for 30mins+.

Also the NW mechanics are just boring. Could fix some other stuff too and maybe people would cry less about MB/grief etc.
    NW is 90% waiting at rally and the actual pvp might last one minute or not happen at all (meeps).
    Meep was nerfed a little in 18.7 as most saw on test while it was running it. 20mins cooldown so now griefers will just rotate fixers, it fixed absolutely nothing.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...highlight=meep

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Meep was nerfed a little in 18.7 as most saw on test while it was running it. 20mins cooldown so now griefers will just rotate fixers, it fixed absolutely nothing.

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...highlight=meep
    There was a reason why I said "Either capped cast time or lock everyone in team for 30mins+." Meaning you cannot get meeped again before that lock runs out.

There was a reason why I said "Either capped cast time or lock everyone in team for 30mins+." Meaning you cannot get meeped again before that lock runs out.
    Ah wrong link, basically that just means that the griefer changes from attacking every 3-10 mins to every 30-35. Lost the thread that came up in now.
    Last edited by Caloss2; Dec 3rd, 2014 at 16:23:35.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    Ah wrong link, basically that just means that the griefer changes from attacking every 3-10 mins to every 30-35. Lost the thread that came up in now.
    Personally I would just remove team meep from game but that would prolly create too much QQ so even if meeping can be reduced a bit, it would hopefully bring more pvp but who knows.

it would hopefully bring more pvp but who knows.
    Could always /duel?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

NW is boring because there's a huge risk of dying.

Dying takes you out of the fight for 10 minutes+ for the average toon.

Some of the best PVP I enjoyed was in SWTOR. I thought the battlegrounds with capture the flag, hutball and the race to unlock doors or whatever it was were some really fun PVP venues. If you died you're out of the match for 1-2 minutes, buffing was a non-issue and there was a lot of reasons to coordinate (via TeamSpeak or in emergency just the sided chat/guild chat etc.)

The obvious problem in AO is that people want to minimize the risk of being taken out of the fight for 10 minutes, at the benefit of only being taken out of the fight for 8 minutes, which makes it annoying to play and clumsy.

Add to that the inevitable imbalances in force (12 vs 3, 10 vs 36...) and one side will always be frustrated by inequality.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast