Thread: "Hard" for a Keeper, requesting a little but nice change.

"Hard" for a Keeper, requesting a little but nice change.

It is okay that you (FC) put in some not so nice ability's to mobs / raids. Not nice to see the ncu empty o.O but okay a new challenge

But do you real think, that it is okay to kill the Keeper Auras? The only profession that need real a very long time to buff up and is not able to run like most other profession to buff up.

How about to give the ncu remover nano a additional part like:

if prof Keeper
    Block cycle of aura's xyz for 2 Minutes or something like that. (Time depends on the other profs need time to self buff them after getting ncu whipe from the raid, but this sort of balance is a part of you FC )

So the Keeper is "debuffed" like the other professions but after the time the Auras start to work as normal.

Which Keeper would like to buff up like hell to lose in the next raid his buffs, while the other player mostly instant recasting them.

Hope I was able to give you another point of view of this ncu whipe debuff for player.
    In memory of
    Niesa, Shadow01, Sabertouth, Luhr, Lupus, Cyberacid...

Quote Originally Posted by Troodon View Post
    But do you real think, that it is okay to kill the Keeper Auras? The only profession that need real a very long time to buff up and is not able to run like most other profession to buff up.

i do see your point, but just for the lolz: try buffing a pvp engi, compared to that keeper is just a hellokitty kitten!

Quote Originally Posted by slythea View Post
    i do see your point, but just for the lolz: try buffing a pvp engi, compared to that keeper is just a hellokitty kitten!
    Good god yes. I must swap four items, cast 41 buffs, pop two pets (assuming already have shells in inv), cast two new shells, use two trimmers on two pets, use pet ncu increasers, and finally two procs. That's 61 button pushes to get buffed and ready which takes me about 6 minutes to complete. If I have to refill my own nano that puts me up in the 70ish button pushes range just to get ready.

Pvp agents take awhile too.

Who are you kiddin, we all know the reason why keepers are so nasty to buff, like some other classes. Is to give MPs a job..
    First NT to proper pocket Ely hecks - Raesun

Quote Originally Posted by Raelil View Post
    Who are you kiddin, we all know the reason why keepers are so nasty to buff, like some other classes. Is to give MPs a job..
    WTB more of this :S and CM as a team aura so ppl HAVE to invite us to stuff, gj fc <3
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Yeah kinda agree, being a nanomage keeper I assume I felt this less than other breeds but nanocasting does suck a bit. Obviously the longer durations were offsetting that but now other profs are having their durations lengthened so maybe reduced the cast time and maybe even the nanocost too. Returning from battle is always slower on my keeper compared with other proffs as the killer nano needed to fuel the casting combined with the actual time the casting takes sucks abit. Often returning to battle leaves me feeling like I have to run in unbuffed due to no ao player I team with having any patience... Like ever...

Regarding cmo on mp... Yeah defo make em team buffs, all composite nano buffs should be team buffs that refresh every minute as well as nano cost reducer and chance of disruption. We are expected to buff people and then get left behind on lft as they run off to do something. Yeah, I hear mps are just that nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Raelil View Post
    If MPs could give nano recharge reduction too then buffing my engi would be a hell of a lot less painful

You know, I think I'm going to write a minor rant about the pointlessly long recharge timers on most engi buffs which I cannot see in any way how they could be repeatedly cast in an abusable manner anyway... but that is for another thread.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    If MPs could give nano recharge reduction too then buffing my engi would be a hell of a lot less painful

You know, I think I'm going to write a minor rant about the pointlessly long recharge timers on most engi buffs which I cannot see in any way how they could be repeatedly cast in an abusable manner anyway... but that is for another thread.
    I imagine alot of this goes back to the days when mp pets (and did crat too?? Cant remember) timed out where as engineers pets would stay till death. Nowadays it is just silly. There is no reason at all (that I can think of) why any non combat nano should have sucky cast times. (in my oppinion)

Even if you get nano requirements... then there is nano cost.. 2-3k each, nano recharge, nano cast time... Usually by the time i'm buffed for BS round.. its already round 400.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    This is actually a pretty neat idea. Let MPs essentially cast decontamination from the BSes. Give it a fairly long cast time and restrict it so that the whole team has to be out-of-combat, but let it remove hostile nanos, add a ton of nano init, reduce nano recharge time and give big nano heal pulses to everyone near the MP. It would make an MP a real asset on those long-haul hunts and quests!

Quote Originally Posted by Litestrider View Post
    This is actually a pretty neat idea. Let MPs essentially cast decontamination from the BSes. Give it a fairly long cast time and restrict it so that the whole team has to be out-of-combat, but let it remove hostile nanos, add a ton of nano init, reduce nano recharge time and give big nano heal pulses to everyone near the MP. It would make an MP a real asset on those long-haul hunts and quests!
    Would be ridiculously OP if it worked on heal nanos.

It would make MPs valuable to any team though.

In any case, my solution to keeper buffing is simple... start fighting and buff eventually when waiting for spawns.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch