Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Inferno Mission Instance...

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberleet View Post
    Agree. I think ranges should be fixed. It should be similar to Battlestation-ranges.
    Just for reference, I don't support this AT ALL. What I meant is that an endgame 220 should make that content trivial. It's supposed to happen.
    That would be a horrible idea, please don't quote me in a supportive context of it ever again.
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Don't tell me what to do. Won't listen 2 u.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalBath View Post
    You're too close-minded to understand what's wrong with your suggestion. Gladly, I'm not the only one disagreeing here and you'll see, with time, how that suggestion will not be implemented.

Let's talk about it in a year.
    Mirror mirrow on the wall? Just resort to verbal abuse to revolt over not winning a debate. Won't help.

I am far from the only one who think AO needs a fix to the playthrough and share my sentiments on ost/teaming with people way above your levelrange. Maybe FC listen, maybe they don't.

Hards should be aimed at a team of half-geared 210-219's trying to get their SK done.
    and genuinely hard missions would be available for full teams of geared 220's wanting to fast-track their research.
    This.

My idea would be 215-220 tho
    Last edited by Cyberleet; Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:54:55.

Cyber.. you're not winning anything. You have been supplied with evidence a few posts back that you couldn't argue against.

Needing a fix and needing YOUR fix are two different things. I think we should be more inclusive and find ways of progressing characters across the widest possible level ranges together, without making for a bland challenge. I'm not a game designer so I can't come up with one. But some games already have similar ideas (like the Call to Arms events on Neverwinter MMO, where most levels can team up for a fight and the lower get their stats boosted so they're not useless there).
    I wouldn't like to see something like that on AO, I think it's not a good fit. But it shows there are alternative paths to segregating a low population even further.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Cyber you're just taking my posts out of context because your idea is being proven wrong.

I hope that makes you feel better in some way, but I do NOT support your idea in any way, shape or form and it will be evident to anyone that your posts are becoming desperate attempts, especially since you're quoting me (who clearly doesn't support your idea) on them.

Let's make it clear:

I don't support ANY segregation. Designing content with level ranges in mind is great and that's what I meant on my posts. NOT introducing level limits. That would be, frankly, stupid at this point in AO.

Good luck, you'll need it.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

But it shows there are alternative paths to segregating a low population even further.
    Well this is where we disagree on consequence.

While I agree AO has low population I think we will get more to play with and get a better gameplay-experience.

Loot-rewards should be worked on tho, to consentrated even more players.

Cyber you're just taking my posts out of context because your idea is being proven wrong.
    Thats your opinion. I am actually agreeing with you here.

The diference is just that U suggest slightly diferent fixes to a mutually shared concern.
    Last edited by Cyberleet; Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:48:22.

Rely on evidence, Cyber.

I'll only be back to this discussion if you bring anything new in that end.
    And please stop quoting me out of context. It actually hurts your argument instead of improving it. I'll reply to every comment you make that quotes me out of context to make sure I don't get pulled into your bad idea somehow.

You're not agreeing with me at all. You're just taking me out of context to support your cause.. but you end up hurting it instead because it's obvious.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:51:06.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

It is not just me who has concern of difficultlevel. I posted a, imo, viable fix to it.

Rely on evidence, Cyber.
    Here:

Hards should be aimed at a team of half-geared 210-219's trying to get their SK done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberleet View Post
    They should make missions for better level-ranges. Like this;
    • Easy to 170-204,
    • Medium to 205-214
    • hard to 215-220.

@Cyber: First.. that's not evidence to support your idea. That's a post by me, advocating DESIGN for certain level ranges. NEVER restriction.
    Second.. it's out of context because I'm not advocating segregation, you are.

Your evidence has been proven to not be reliable/working. Get more. Make it valid this time.

Note: My suggestion allows for lower levels to be included in most teams, making for a more inclusive experience. I also suggested all of that IF THE POPULATION WAS BIGGER. (seriously, read the rest of my posts! you're just hurting your cause with every post here)
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Nov 14th, 2014 at 11:54:51.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Your evidence has been proven to not be reliable/working.
    just lol

ur the one making claims, I say what I think. I disagre with your estimation.

Again, I'm not estimating. I logged in on some level ranges and got real data. I can do it a few times over and get more real data and it'll become more a more and more accurate depiction of the current situation. That's the advantage of relying on data.

I'm not making claims, I'm refuting yours.

EDIT:

For correctness, I'll post the context you decided to ignore to pretend my argument had any relation to yours:

Quote Originally Posted by "DigitalBath
    Research farming at 220 on these missions should be doable while "half afk". IF WE HAD A HEALTHY SIZED POPULATION, I would, however, propose that faster-paced, multi-reward (as in multiple daily ticks.. perhaps one per mini boss) and genuinely hard missions would be available for full teams of geared 220's wanting to fast-track their research.
    Anyone who ignores the caps warning and quotes me as if I had not written that is trying too hard.. and failing.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Nov 14th, 2014 at 12:02:54.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Quote Originally Posted by nanoforcer View Post
    Spawn a new wave as soon as all mobs from current wave are dead, fixed! Also apply to city / ship boss room as a bonus. Michi? :-)
    Could also make less groundwaves. Few are intrested in the waves so.

I always though it be a better team-daily if mission was to kill pilot instead of city gen.

This was evident when the ely beach scene and ado heck scene started dying out.
    It was enough players, it was that people started coming there in medsuits. THAT was the problem

'Hecknoobs' was a social problem they never fixed. CRU-missions was an adress, but it never quite worked.

Now dailes, kite/ost makes it impossible to get normal gameplayteams. I hope that gets a fix. If they make team-missions within your range/zone so rewarding that kite/ost'ers and lootfarmers goes there instead then I think it will be best.

You have been supplied with evidence a few posts back that you couldn't argue against.
    I did argue against your 'evidence' (predictions).

If players are spread out so much you will get less to play with. Simple math.
    Last edited by Cyberleet; Nov 14th, 2014 at 12:17:03.

Taking this to PM to avoid destroying the thread further, as this isn't on the Game Suggestions forum.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Taking this to PM to avoid destroying the thread further, as this isn't on the Game Suggestions forum.
    NOT gonna tolerate you just being rude to posters instead of discussing the topic. Your concerns was adressed several times in appropiate manners. We disagree on consequence to a suggestion that adress a mutually shared concern with the level-gameplay.

@Cyber: That was not what happened..

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberleet
    I did argue against your 'evidence' (predictions).

If players are spread out so much you will get less to play with. Simple math.
    My evidence was based on real data that I logged in for. You're lying at this point.
    Your rudeness in quoting me out of context to support your failed argument was also unnecessary, yet it was there, repeatedly and even after I asked you not to do it.

I'm not trying to spread players out, I'm trying to get them all together in leveling. You're the one trying to spread them out by limiting team ranges. Simple math indeed.
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Nov 14th, 2014 at 12:28:23.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

@Cyber: That was not what happened..

My evidence was based on real data that I logged in for. You're lying at this point.
    Ok sure. You are much better than me and beat me one on one. Case closed. Can we discuss the topic/subtopics now? I still stand for my suggestion and will continue to advocate for it and will reply on-topic to concerns with the implemantion of it.

Your rudeness in quoting me out of context to support your failed argument was also unnecessary
    Didn't quote u out of context. I replied to a part of your post.

You're the one trying to spread them out by limiting team ranges. Simple math indeed.
    Just partly true.

My suggestion will get more players from one spot to another (give/take) as a fix to the difficultylevel-concern.

Cause even if you make a harder encounter it will still be easy when u not play within your own power-range.
    Last edited by Cyberleet; Nov 14th, 2014 at 12:34:07.

Didn't quote u out of context. I replied to a part of your post.
    Exactly. A part. Which, without the other parts, was out of context.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

See.. I get this. But I don't see it working in practice.
    Players always takes the shortest route to 'get to the cheeze'.

Therefore I think doing team-missions within your range should be more rewarding than kite/ost and inf-missions with players outside their powerrange. Once you atract players from there it will be more to play with in this sort of system. You think it won't work, but claiming you have disproved me and spreading hate/being mad at me to 'get me' is wrong. I really disagree that it would be much harder to get leveling teams. I infact think it will be easier and more fun.

However, to have these missions offer clever loot-rewars is imperative for the success.

It's also easier for FC to balance the difficulty-level of missions if there is targeted level-groups on missions.

Like that, each separate level range won't have enough people to go on.
    We don't know that yet. I don't think so.

It's a lot better to be able to have a wide range and log on with some possibility of getting a team.
    Ok, peace!

I think it would be a better gameplay-experience to team and get content within my suggested ranges:

170-204
    205-214
    215-220

210-220 might work too.

I'm not out to get you. It may seem that way to you, but I really am not.

We don't know that yet. I don't think so.
    I base myself on both being logged in right now and seeing the real people available on LFT, as well as my experience lvling characters and the level distribuition I have encountered over the last year or so. It's pretty compelling data. But you're free to collect conflicting data yourself.

Players always takes the shortest route to 'get to the cheeze'.

Therefore I think doing team-missions within your range should be more rewarding than kite/ost and inf-missions with players outside their powerrange. Once you atract players from there it will be more to play with in this sort of system. You think it won't work, but claiming you have disproved me and spreading hate/being mad at me to 'get me' is wrong. I really disagree that it would be much harder to get leveling teams. I infact think it will be easier and more fun.

However, to have these missions offer clever loot-rewars is imperative for the success.

It's also easier for FC to balance the difficulty-level of missions if there is targeted level-groups on missions.
    I get this too. But in your ranges the cheese stops being the same for 220s and 160s and 130s, which with a low population becomes an issue. I seriously would fear not being able to team at all above level 130 with your suggestion because people in higher levels wouldn't be able to team with me anymore. I'd always level alone 'til at least 210, judging by your last post.

We see the population split differently, I get that. But all I'll ask is that you log in the game from time to time and gauge the amount of people 130-170 that are looking for a team.
    Do that enough times and you'll be able to support your suggestion or better yet, improve it.

Is it unfair to ask that in any way?
    Last edited by DigitalBath; Nov 14th, 2014 at 13:07:03.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>