Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: New Inferno Mission Instance...

New Inferno Mission Instance...

...Is far too easy, please make it harder.

Not that I want to say it is a bad instance or whatever, I like it, but it takes too much time (because you have to wait so long) and therefore takes longer than normal Inferno Missions (seems to take forever here), and on the other hand, it is not really difficult to do it.

We were running it on easy 220 Adv/Enf and could do it while we were semi afk...

Now I logged Doc and we invite some "lowbies" from our Org to test the Hard difficulty, and what should I say... it is too easy in terms of concentration or however i should say it, the Tank doesn´t need Improved Esse, I can semi afk teh interwebz.

So after all I can just say, it is kinda boring and no real challenge, except that it is time consuming and therefore even not really to be considered a good alternative for regular missions.

So I would suggest, spawn less monsters, but harder ones, and more at a time so that it is a real challenge but can be finished faster than regular missions so you get the same xp/hour amount in the end.

Also maybe I would change the Hard difficulty for something like an endless mode, that starts with QL220 mobs, then 230, 240.... and so on and each time after 10 mobs or so a mid-boss spawns who gives a smaller daily-xp reward or something.

At the time he wrote this post he was our doc.
    Definitly the mission is to esay on hard. We doing it with 3 <205 in team and we have no problems.

As I understand it, it's supposed to be a leveling instance. Not another 220 lootrights selling instance. So maybe it's not intended to be hard for a group of 220s with friends.
    Why play melee when crat pets can do your job?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyldebeast View Post
    Simple, why the melee hate?
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    ...Melee people/pets are needed...

did both an easy and a medium on a 220 enf and 220 soldier. no heals and we were fine. seems a little easy for me.

What is the purpose of making it so hard that you need key-professions to complete it? The reward itself is xp (i assume) therefor aimed for lvlers who might not have the best gear, best nanos or the 'best' professions. But I agree, it shouldn't be q-afk and your'e complete either, if that is what you experienced.

I think Michi himself stated that the content should be easy enough to solo if one absolutely wanted to do that.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

I agree with Oliveerz and others that said that the purpose is to be a leveling instance. This is perfect for my leveling alts and I wouldn't want it changed except maybe put the spots a bit closer to each other so we can watch them more easily. Too much running around, else I enjoy it very much. Michizure did a very good job and I'm happy with it.

Thanks for the new content, I would like to see that more often !

I did a few runs last night on both easy and hard mode. I think it is tuned just fine for leveling toons, and I love that the xp reward is "individual" so one doesnt need a 220 to pull. Hard mode took way longer than expected, but it's a tradeoff for a chance of nice loot i guess. I also love that you can pull brinkmob versions so one can team with opposite faction when LFT is dead, and how minibosses drop inf key pb patterns so one can gather those too at a slow pace while leveling. I also ended up positioning myself in the middle between spawnpoints and used minimap to spot mobs charging in, less running frantically around

All in all, I'm happy with the alternative/supplement to the old inf missions so keep it coming!

Those who are saying it's too easy seem to have done it with 220 level characters. Instance is not aimed for max level people. it is supposed to be leveling instance.

If I could actually got online to play this instance it sounds like the perfect place for my keeper to do, solo my way to 220 if noone is online to team with rather having to duel log my 220 and running solo inf missions
    220 Sheilded MP And Proud

How come every time there's something new in this game the vets with top gear starts whining it's to easy. Then for some reason FC listen, makes it harder leaving the place deserted. Plz FC don't listen the the whiny vets.

My impression after doing a few is that the points seem a tad to far away and the whole process took to long. It felt drawn out and i often felt i was just standing there not doin much. If the waiting and running doin laps waiting for spawn is intentional, maybe shorten the timers a bit and add a couple more adds?

I would prefer it if a team leader could roll the mish and everyone get it via update.. i mean that would be a nice thing, at the moment it seems tedius for no real reason i can think of.

Otherwise its nice, i like it.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

So... geared 220's are complaining that a leveling instance is too easy. What's new?

The fact I did a mission and got decent SK with a team whose highest level was an ok-geared 211 crat is GOOD. This is supposed to make the leveling grind go a bit better and less boring.
    Perhaps more to the point, old inf easies can be done with 1 220. old Inf hards can be done with 2-3 if they're good DD.

Since these are supposed to be a way to level without having the 220s pushing the lowbies up.. do NOT change it. It's fine.

I'd dare say I had some good fun on them on my 200 (now 202) soldier so far!
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

We are dont talking about a full 220 team. A low and not well equiped team of 215+ can do the hard version on its own half afk. You dont have to watch hp just press dmg perk and q...and start waiting. The most of the time is waitting for the next spawn and searching for new spawned mobs. On the real mission you can pull your mobs together and speeding the mission up. But on the new instance more dmg doesnt help and make it only borring.

As inferno mission was released the hard version of it was really hard. For leveling and really lowbies is esay ok now it is. For better equiped char there should be an advantage in form of speeding up the instance. So dont add more adds just let them spawn faster. So you have at on time 5+ adds.

Having a single full-gear 220 is already highly imbalancing for these missions.

I got your point, Imhopet. My experience was that a team of 180-211 doing the easy version had 1-2 deaths through the process but overall didn't have too much trouble. That seems about right. Hards should be aimed at a team of half-geared 210-219's trying to get their SK done.

Research farming at 220 on these missions should be doable while "half afk". IF WE HAD A HEALTHY SIZED POPULATION, I would, however, propose that faster-paced, multi-reward (as in multiple daily ticks.. perhaps one per mini boss) and genuinely hard missions would be available for full teams of geared 220's wanting to fast-track their research.

One side-effect of this is that those instances would become the hardest content in the game, as even s42 and db3 are amazingly easy to do.. see that as you must.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Well then just make a 4. difficulty just for Imho and Me so we can have

And it is not that we didn´t level, we had 3 lowbies from our org and no one died... no matter where you are, if no one dies it is no fun

And i am not saying everything should be harder, but the Hard difficulty just seemed to be a timesink... and I got a mail from funcom telling me there is a new "brutal challenge", maybe they just did wrong advertising

And my doc is far from endequip btw, or how do you think I could use a 2hb Hammer as weapon

In part, I'm against that for now. The current one encourages more teaming, even if it's not as entertaining in the long run.
    The old missions were not entertaining either and served 160-220, required at least 1 220 roller and, if doing hards, required a ton of DD.

These don't require 220's for anything but are made easy by them, which means they get their research easily while nubs level up. It's not that bad.

P.S. - I'd totally go for harder encounters on my 220's too, just don't think it should have anything to do with the inf leveling scene.
    --

--<3 Professional love--
    <Lazy>

Pande version now?

Has anYone tried ado or pen versions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Quote Originally Posted by ElBoogy View Post
    Well then just make a 4. difficulty just for Imho and Me so we can have

And it is not that we didn´t level, we had 3 lowbies from our org and no one died... no matter where you are, if no one dies it is no fun

And i am not saying everything should be harder, but the Hard difficulty just seemed to be a timesink... and I got a mail from funcom telling me there is a new "brutal challenge", maybe they just did wrong advertising

And my doc is far from endequip btw, or how do you think I could use a 2hb Hammer as weapon
    lol. you use that hammer on principle iirc

Agreed they really need to speed on the spawn rate. Extra dd should reward you with faster missions but it does nothing but make you wait longer.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast