Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Inferno Missions: Xan Reliquary

It wasn't made with loot being the number 1 priority, it was made as an alternative way of leveling. (Alternative to regular inferno-missions to be exact.)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Quote Originally Posted by Cyberleet View Post
    lootstuff is utter scheise
    IDK wtf scheise is but i got a mark of fisher king, xan essence crystal divided loyalty and an inactive bracer as well as some other neat things. Thats pretty good loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeptall2 View Post
    IDK wtf scheise is but i got a mark of fisher king, xan essence crystal divided loyalty and an inactive bracer as well as some other neat things. Thats pretty good loot.
    Yeah it is, but it is not so much reason do alb now. The consequence of xfer'ing lootfolders can have a negative impact on the game and I think it could have been done more cleverly. Players often lack midlevelstuff. <3 how they finally xfer lootfolders tho. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    it was made as an alternative way of leveling. (Alternative to regular inferno-missions to be exact.)
    Oh? It was not 'new' inf-missions?

It's not intended to be a place to get phats, just XP and SK...But i'm sure you already knew this & preferred instead to find something to whine about tho...
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

[QUOTE=Aiken;6197983]It's not intended to be a place to get phats, just XP and SK...

but... u get phatz and not regular lootstuff thats usefell.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    IBut i'm sure you already knew this & preferred instead to find something to whine about tho...
    i r speshul

imo, stuff like tier armor, nanos, refined basic implants/clusters and stuff could drop instead of uberphatz. Since lots of stuff is abandonded it probably doesn't matter tho.
    Last edited by Cyberleet; Nov 14th, 2014 at 15:15:11.

Oh? It was not 'new' inf-missions?
    That is correct. New inf-missions as a leveling-alternative. NOT "new-inf-missions-with-uber-loot-never-seen-before-so-we-can-get-more-overpowered-equips-and-even-more-loot-to-put-on-GMI-for-stupid-prices."

If you're SOOO disappointed with the loot not being new as the missions are new, why are you not mentioning that they used the same old NPC-skins/models as everywhere else in SL ?
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

If you're SOOO disappointed with the loot not being new as the missions are new,
    I am what?

why are you not mentioning that they used the same old NPC-skins/models as everywhere else in SL ?
    + same ai

I am what?
    You gave the impression that you are disappointed because there isn't new loot as there is new alternative inf-missions. Or did I read it wrong ? ->

+ same ai
    What a deadbeat attempt at avoiding to answer the question.
    Last edited by Jihnna; Nov 14th, 2014 at 15:54:55.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

imo, stuff like tier armor, nanos, refined basic implants/clusters and stuff could drop instead of uberphatz. Since lots of stuff is abandonded it probably doesn't matter tho.
    Tier armor stuff would be neat. But for the rest, you can roll and blitz the stuff faster on rk, than waiting for em to drop in the mission.
    Or would you go lft "New inf mish, need bright agi refined cluster" ?

As for jobe clusters, you can farm mercs. You even get refined imps there too.

i r speshul
    Very first time, i totally agree with you.

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

You gave the impression that you are disappointed because there isn't new loot as there is new alternative inf-missions. Or did I read it wrong ? ->
    Didn't expect new loot, but didn't get it exactly how what I wanted it. Thought it was replacement-missions btw.

Rethinking this I think it is 'almost not horrible' instead of 'utter scheise' tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post
    Tier armor stuff would be neat. But for the rest, you can roll and blitz the stuff faster on rk, than waiting for em to drop in the mission.
    Or would you go lft "New inf mish, need bright agi refined cluster" ?

As for jobe clusters, you can farm mercs. You even get refined imps there too.
    Yes to Q and I know I can solofarm but don't wanna play alone. When you xfer lootfolders you also lower prices on GMI.
    Last edited by Cyberleet; Nov 14th, 2014 at 16:08:10.

Didn't want new loot, but didn't get exactly what I wanted.
    Ah, ok, quite the misunderstanding from my point of view then, I'm sorry. And I see now that you also edited one of your previous posts with what kind of loot you actually was hoping for, and I can to some extent agree with you. Getting useful loot for a leveling character instead of random "phatz" would probably be better for the overall experience, especially for new players. (Of course though; then you'd have all the "rich" or "privileged" players moaning that they only got stuff they can already solofarm or buy better alternatives for.) It's kinda hard to please all with a game this old, which has an old core of longtime players that won't ever leave (until the servers die) and still get a couple new players every now and then. They will always want different stuff. (And yes of course there are exceptions.)
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Thought it was replacement-missions btw.
    Oh, I thought you were being saracastic when you asked if it wasn't new inf missions. (One of the biggest problems with the internet )

So yeah, these are not REPLACING the old inf-missions which you roll from the gardens, those are still there. (With adjusted level-ranges of who can roll them in each zone).

These are alternative missions which you can roll from Retainer of Ergo by Ergo in the Inferno trial-area.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

(Of course though; then you'd have all the "rich" or "privileged" players moaning that they only got stuff they can already solofarm or buy better alternatives for.)
    Yep, and a bunch of narcisists that desire playergaps more than good gameplay for all, and credmafia protecting their acts. -_-
    Last edited by Cyberleet; Nov 14th, 2014 at 16:29:10.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    16M is the absolute cap you'll get at lvl200, as you can only ever get at most 20% of a level worth in a single dose from anything outside of daily reward items.
    20% of 80,000SK (200 to 201 requirement) is 16,000SK which is 16M XP.
    90M XP that you received is 10% of the research cap, as you require 900M XP for a level 10 research.
    However, this still means that regular inf missions are better for lvl 200 toons trying to max out their research. Traditional inf mish will cap your lvl 10 research, where the daily reward will not.
    Still waiting for Ultimate Ofab Armor!

Definition of penultimate - next to the last

Yeah it is, but it is not so much reason do alb now.
    Uhm still have to collect the memories...
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Uhm still have to collect the memories...
    The memories drop in the new inf missions as well.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I'll give a big +1 on the loot for sheer variety. Also some of the stuff seems to be things that can otherwise only be gotten in specific places. This big lootable is just whats needed to give even casual players a chance of getting phatz they haven't had to buy
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

While I hate SL, I think this mission-format would be great for AO. Especially at lower levels. RK-missions gave you loot, credits and xp together with what to me is mmo-gameplay; Teamplay. I for one am not intrested in solofarms and soloquests.

However, I think the new missions could use improvements. Hard is too long and the difficulty-level is very much determined by the levelrange of the team. It's big powegaps amidst players between 160 and 220. Having said that I think many want to continue to multilog and powerlevel their lower-level chars with a 220, but I still stand for changes to levelranges for these missions. I think it will give better gameplay overall. Games rise and fall on gameplay. Look at resident evil. The first game in the series, released in the late 90's, gets a re-release while resident evil 6 (released in 2012) is being trashed by gamers. So I don't think AO has to die. They just have to fix the gameplay/playthrough-issues and atract new players. Not just carebear veterans sitting on kitehill buying lootrights.

I also hope it will be efficient and viable to do this in smaller teams.

Gameplaywise I am not very impressed, but that AO has become 'run to the next and spam specials + generic ai-perks' is probably a issue that has to do with the incoming rebalance. Soon tm.

PS, I hope you make these missions to replace old inf-missions, kitehill and ost.

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    I'll give a big +1 on the loot for sheer variety. Also some of the stuff seems to be things that can otherwise only be gotten in specific places. This big lootable is just whats needed to give even casual players a chance of getting phatz they haven't had to buy
    This, asked for it for years.

Maybe we get new rk-missions for 120-160 that gives nanos between 125-200? plz

Cyberleet.. sometimes you have great ideas, sometimes you just seem like a bitter old troll to me.
    That aside,

what i dont get, is your crusade against powerlevelling. The're folks playing AO from the very first beta moment.
    They have seen it all, several times. More than a decade of birthday celebrations, Pumpkinheads and a bunch of Desert Riders. They did it a gazillion times on gazillion alts. At some point they "froobed" around RK mishs, farmed dynas all over and probably can tell ya the name of the next spawn, just by the name who died last. They know every hole in scheol geometry, they can smell a yutto's name in Inferno while bashing nasc hecks.

They have been there, done that and still play AO.

So why the fook would you deny them their, well... how to say it, "right" to get a toon to 220 the fastest way possible? They also made probaly enough creds to buy the stuff they need. Let them. Seriously. Let them!
    As long as the creds aint sploited. Im all fine with it.

You can't change a game that old to something totally different. Impossible. With all your suggestions regarding teaming, loot distribution and whatnot, you scare away the very last "Hardcore AO players" instead of
    getting fresh blood into it. Today's kids, like to r-click stuff once they hit the appropiate level. Wanna be insta be ubah in pvp, instead of grinding all lvls, research and gear and god forbid, do the math.

Let the serious vets do their stuff. Let them teach lowbies how to properly play. You'll be surprised how many still remember their first steps in AO and teach the new ones not to make the mistakes they did.

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

I like MMO-gameplay. Not a big fan of soloquesting and solofarms.

Suggested fixes:

• Remove redeemed/unredeemed versions.
    • Shorten time. 7-25mins, depending on efficiencly on team.
    • Make the xp/per min be better than old inf-missions regardlesof circumstances.
    • Make sure it is viable to do it in small teams.
    • Separate xp-reward and loot-reward so you can finish xp-part before killing boss.
    • Add Inf-dynas and alb-bosses as end-bosses. (makes alternative to singeplayergaming)
    • Make diferent level-locked instances for the missions with this level-ranges:
      170-204, 205-214, 215-220 or 160-200, 201-209, 210-220.
    • Improve AI.
    • Chests plz. (with the weird stuff)

For the level-locks; totw was mostly fun due to level-locks. Same thing applies here.

My suggestions is with the powergaps and also battlestation-ranges in mind. Easier to balance.

Better lootrewards:

Not just phatzs, but usefull stuff for casual players. This would be nice cause it make less segregation.

Stuff I wanna see:

• Refined implants/clusters
    • Symbiants (no pocketbosses please)
    • Stimulants
    • Nanos
    • Towers
    • Rings/huds and NCU-stuff. Yuttos for example.
    • Tier armor
    • Perenium-stuff
    • Is-stuff. Since IS is not level-locked it doesn't matter. It will be less segregation.

what i dont get, is your crusade against powerlevelling.
    Nobody to play normally with. I request normal gameplay to be more rewarding.

They have seen it all, several times.
    I'm one of them.

I saw how that piece of **** expansion SL wrecked the cyberpunk-theme and decimated the population. I saw how they boosted XP on hecklers cause nobody played SL and how it created the so-called 'hecknoobs'. RK-missions got abandoned and with AI I think CRU-drops was an adress to it that never worked out. I saw how the power from LE made level-locked dungeons like TOTW less fun to play.

To me it seems many wants playergaps while my ideas empower new players and casual gameplay while making gameplay harder at the same time. Thats how I view it. Not changing my mind regarding my sig.

So why the fook would you deny them their, well... how to say it, "right" to get a toon to 220 the fastest way possible?
    But...I have requested for heckler-juice to be in veteranshop for years!

They also made probaly enough creds to buy the stuff they need. Let them. Seriously. Let them!
    Can new players also get stuff while leveling?

BTW, when I say credmafia I refer to egpal. I define it as organised crime.

Today's kids, like to r-click stuff once they hit the appropiate level. Wanna be insta be ubah in pvp, instead of grinding all lvls, research and gear and god forbid, do the math.
    I actually am in support of it. I just want it to be good normally and got ideas for that to happen.

You HAVE to do the math tho. if u got a phd i math you will really like ao, thats how it should be imo.

Let the serious vets do their stuff. Let them teach lowbies how to properly play.
    But where? Kitehill? Dailies? When playing with 'to-the-effect-of' ost's?

Also, many with pvp-twinks wished it was pvm-content their level. lvl-locked missions as a new format for lvl'ing would work.
    Last edited by Cyberleet; Nov 16th, 2014 at 15:58:11.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast