Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Inferno Missions: Xan Reliquary

New Inferno Missions: Xan Reliquary

After speaking to a few people I thought it might be helpful to mention a few things about the new inferno missions.

1. Everyone in your team needs to get the mission. It isn't like the old missions where one person speaks to the NPC and everyone else gets an update.

2. Everyone in your team needs to get the SAME mission. So one guy can't have Unredeemed easy, another Unredeemed hard and the last guy with Brink medium. Whoever talks to the NPC inside (I believe) sets the mission type though this is unconfirmed.. it could be the first person to step in.. haven't figured that out yet.

3. Omni/Clan/Neutral can team together (mixed faction teams) as long as everyone takes the Brink mob option (versus Redeemed/Unredeemed).

4. Talking to the Yutto, inside, starts the mission and spawns 3 spirits. Don't attack the 3 spirits on the platforms.. those are the guys you are trying to protect

5. Your goal is to defend the 3 spirits. I've heard of a couple different working strategies from having 2 guys at each spirit just defending their zone to 1 person guarding each spirit, rest in middle and the guards calling out when mobs spawn in their location so everyone goes running.

6. You need to break team and reform if you plan to do another round. If you finish the mission, go roll a new one, and rezone into the mish area you'll find yourself in the same zone your team was in before. This also applies if you fail the mission.

If anyone else has any helpful tips post please
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Missions are very fun to do.

We speculated trying to let two spirits die and just sit at one and defend it.

Anyone tried that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

What about loot? There was mention of loot (not necessarily new or a new place to get other loot in the game) but no specifics. Is it just regular mish loot?

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    What about loot? There was mention of loot (not necessarily new or a new place to get other loot in the game) but no specifics. Is it just regular mish loot?
    I really have no idea. I've seen some of everything imaginable dropping such as:

- Wistful spirits (and other spirits of lower ql's)
    - Wistful apparition patterns
    - Random pocketboss patterns (including Clan and Omni inf key pattern pieces)
    - Alb pocketbosses (my understanding is that bracers can drop as well)
    - Mystical/Blue force armor (up to ql 300)
    - Tons and tons of pearls
    - Usual RK/SL mish junk loot
    - Those +2 agility/strength TL2 Nodrop bracers
    - Second hand info: A friend stated he looted a Mark of the Fisher King

Personally, after doing 2 hards and 2 easies I walked away with about 60m in pearls, an Alb pocketboss, about 10 Clan Inf key pattern pieces and about 475m worth of spirits (3 spirits).

There is also the fact that in 2 hards, my lowbie agent went from 194 to just a sliver shy of 201 and from like 35k redeemed faction to 50k plus 18 tokens/mission.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Nov 13th, 2014 at 07:07:58.
    You can find me at:

I think it shares the inferno dyna/named loot table. Did one hard mode run and shroud of darkest night dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Transform View Post
    I think it shares the inferno dyna/named loot table. Did one hard mode run and shroud of darkest night dropped.
    I believe it actually varies per wave. For instance, the wave where we got the alb pocketboss crystals contained Alb mobs and a boss I'd never seen before (Brother something, had that new shield and sword on). I can't remember what wave type contained the tight force armor but it was definitely something different than the alb wave. We didn't, btw, get the same type of waves in both hard missions.
    You can find me at:

Last night I did an easy, a medium and a hard.

Some things I noticed were;

Pet pathing is annoying with that building in the way.
    I was surprised how long the Hard took, while the mob xp and loot was better (and the faction much appreciated) the mission reward seemed a little low for the time invested compared to the easy and medium.
    The Heckler mobs looked awesome .

In respect of the loot, only the pearls are of real value as they introduce new creds into the game, The rest of the loot will drop in price with current droprate and its value will drop eventually. I agree that it was to easy on at least the easy and mid lvl, when I played a 210 shade. And this will be the end of the old inferno missions (and soon to be seen in the company of Pen-missions sittin @ the bar in the club near you...)

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    And this will be the end of the old inferno missions (and soon to be seen in the company of Pen-missions sittin @ the bar in the club near you...)
    Nope, it wont. Xp it offers is kinda poor compared to classic inf missions. It took me around 30 minutes to solo easy one and around 1,5h to complete hard one with ok team with no valuable loot at all. In this time we could do 2 classic inf hards. I dont get why reward is exactly same on both easy and hard one while its different for classic inf missions. Good part is that you can join this mission being done by someone else even at the end and still get reward.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    We speculated trying to let two spirits die and just sit at one and defend it.

Anyone tried that?
    I just let 1 die and was able to complete the mission just fine.

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Does the reward/boss loot vary based on the number of surviving spirits?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Nope, it wont. Xp it offers is kinda poor compared to classic inf missions. It took me around 30 minutes to solo easy one and around 1,5h to complete hard one with ok team with no valuable loot at all. In this time we could do 2 classic inf hards. I dont get why reward is exactly same on both easy and hard one while its different for classic inf missions. Good part is that you can join this mission being done by someone else even at the end and still get reward.
    the reward is not the same, on my 219 doc i received 136k for easy and 190k for medium, no idea how much for hard though

Just did it with my gf on a lvl 200 advy. She got only 16m XP into a lvl10 research. Granted my 220 got 90m, it seems too low.

Shadow Atlantians

= Tikra :: 220 Advy (Inf Hater) | Inevitable :: 220 Crat (Hunting stuffz) | Gotnobuffs :: 210 MP (TS Totem) | Atlantiana :: 200 Solja (Clueless Blondie) =
    = Unabletonuke :: 160 NT (Kitehill Victim) | Aliumeater :: 150 MA (S10 Citizen) | Canhazcalms :: 100 Froob Crat (Foremans Slave) | Canhazbaffs :: 163 Froob Agent (Buffbox) =

PVM all the way

Tikra it's the same as the dailies xp.
    refer to this: https://aoitems.com/item/285612/

I also got 16k SK (16m xp) per daily/easy mish on my 200 soldier.. because that's how much we're supposed to get. It'll get better in absolute terms, but worse in relative percentage, as per that item.
    The 90m you got was the the research cap. The real reward your 220 got was 5% of the max xp to "221", which is something along the lines of 153mill xp (if I recall correctly).
    Michizure is love, Michizure is life.
    --
    Dywas - 220/30/70 Neutral Nanomage Nano-Technician
    Caramela - 220/30/70 Neutral Solitus Doctor
    Desejos - 220/30/?? Neutral Atrox Enforcer
    Gretchenross - 220/30/?? Neutral Opifex Shade
    Bizzle - 220/30/70 Neutral Atrox Soldier

--<3 Professional love--
    * Aiken pets Lazy on the head. Sure it is, you keep telling self that
    <Aiken> such a cutesy clammer aren't you *cheekpinch*
    <Lazy>
    <Lazy> viva la revolucion
    * Dywas decides to walk away from the soon-to-be sexytime
    <Aiken> lol Dywas, Id make a man of him
    <Lazy> Dywas, i'd go gay for aiken. no lie

Havent checked the reward item on her. If its "only" the daily xp reward - meh. Almost pointless to do on a 200 toon then. -.-

Shadow Atlantians

PVM all the way

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I believe it actually varies per wave. For instance, the wave where we got the alb pocketboss crystals contained Alb mobs and a boss I'd never seen before (Brother something, had that new shield and sword on). I can't remember what wave type contained the tight force armor but it was definitely something different than the alb wave. We didn't, btw, get the same type of waves in both hard missions.
    Confirmed a new item in-game! Ran a hard and after killing this boss, we discovered a new bracer!
    Bracer of Brother 'Whateverthehellhisnamewas'

The final boss didn't drop anything worth looting though.

The time for the hard was quite long. It'd definitely be nice to have the mobs come faster and to have some sort of log that shows what percentage of the mission/instance you have completed.

Mind sharing stats on new braver?

Quote Originally Posted by Tikra View Post
    Just did it with my gf on a lvl 200 advy. She got only 16m XP into a lvl10 research. Granted my 220 got 90m, it seems too low.
    16M is the absolute cap you'll get at lvl200, as you can only ever get at most 20% of a level worth in a single dose from anything outside of daily reward items.
    20% of 80,000SK (200 to 201 requirement) is 16,000SK which is 16M XP.
    90M XP that you received is 10% of the research cap, as you require 900M XP for a level 10 research.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Ah shoot.. You're absoulutely right Waki... Seems like i've mixed something up there. Thanks!

Shadow Atlantians

PVM all the way

lootstuff is utter scheise

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast