Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why does the MA AOE Fear have no psychic check but Crat/Enf fear does?

Why does the MA AOE Fear have no psychic check but Crat/Enf fear does?

Not to mention the MA AOE fear can't even be resisted!

Crats/Enf get single target fears with psychic checks, and high nano resist. Why even have psychic check on these nanos in the first place?

Isn't there obviously something wrong with this?

Re: Why does the MA AOE Fear have no psychic check but Crat/Enf fear does?

Originally posted by AngryCrat
    Not to mention the MA AOE fear can't even be resisted!

Crats/Enf get single target fears with psychic checks, and high nano resist. Why even have psychic check on these nanos in the first place?

Isn't there obviously something wrong with this?
    Why do Enforcers have over 10,000 hp and we don't? Hehehe, I'm kidding. Please let us keep our fear nanos the way they are. They are actually pretty rare and very few MAs even have them, so it'd be nice to keep them effective. There's been too many nerfs to this game, any more would just lower morale too far.

One wierd thing I noticed, since we're on the subject of fear nanos, is I couldn't figure out why the fear would work and why sometimes it wouldn't. As it turns out, I think you have to be facing your opponent in order for it to work, so it doesn't really cover a whole lots of area. Maybe one or two mobs.

Oh and one last thing: If anyone has the "presence of the dominator" nano, im paying five mil for it (yeah, I know, wrong forum for that part, but hey)
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

Presence of the Master
    Nano Resist 200%
    Psychic <=244
    Duration 7s
    Includes 500-pt Taunt

Presence of the Overlord
    Nano Resist 180%
    Psychic <=354
    Duration 11s
    Includes 750-pt Taunt

Presence of the Dominator
    Nano Resist 160%
    Psychic <= 449
    Duration 11s
    Includes 1000-pt Taunt

These are the actual 'nanos' that are cast on mobs when you cast the Presence nanos. Yes, they can be resisted, and yes, there is a Psychic check on them.

When you cast the Presence nano, it casts an Area nano on yourself, which will cast the single-target nanos linked to above on each mob in the area. The Area nano can't be resisted, because then you'd be able to resist your own nano. The single-target ones CAN be resisted, and due to their high resist, is more likely (I think) why TheDeacon couldn't get them to work.

Hmm, okay

According to AG those aren't the stats

e.g.,
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&n...id=162841&t=ag

Maybe it's an update in 14.6?

Originally posted by AngryCrat
    Hmm, okay

According to AG those aren't the stats

e.g.,
    http://auno.org/ao/db.php?cmd=view&n...id=162841&t=ag

Maybe it's an update in 14.6?
    AG doesnt include the Psychic check, but the duration isnt 11 seconds. I've seen an MA use em and seemed much longer then 11 seconds.

There are some things that AG doesn't show.

I linked to Jayde's DB, which shows that these Area-effect nano activate an Area effect on the wearer, which presumably casts the single-target nano linked to at the bottom of the page, on each mob in the area within range. The single-target nano is what I was referring to. That nano, the one that is cast because you cast the area effect, has high NR and short duration.

The Area has a longer duration though. Maybe any mob that enters the area has it cast on them? Sort of like a constant aura while in effect? I'm guessing the scary face isn't near-instantaneous, so it would make some sense. I don't know, I'd doubt it though.

Re: Re: Why does the MA AOE Fear have no psychic check but Crat/Enf fear does?

Originally posted by TheDeacon
    One wierd thing I noticed, since we're on the subject of fear nanos, is I couldn't figure out why the fear would work and why sometimes it wouldn't. As it turns out, I think you have to be facing your opponent in order for it to work, so it doesn't really cover a whole lots of area. Maybe one or two mobs.

Oh and one last thing: If anyone has the "presence of the dominator" nano, im paying five mil for it (yeah, I know, wrong forum for that part, but hey)
    The nanos have a 1m range. Have to pratically be on top of the mob for the nano to work.

Dominator drops in ql 150ish team missions. Don't have one to sell. Loaded the one I looted.

Originally posted by Lucid Flow

AG doesnt include the Psychic check, but the duration isnt 11 seconds. I've seen an MA use em and seemed much longer then 11 seconds.
    Duration on Dominator is 41 seconds. Duration on Overlord is 26 seconds. I believe Jaydes database is showing the upcomming changes in 14.6.

Re: Re: Re: Why does the MA AOE Fear have no psychic check but Crat/Enf fear does?

Originally posted by Cemetarygate

The nanos have a 1m range. Have to pratically be on top of the mob for the nano to work.

Dominator drops in ql 150ish team missions. Don't have one to sell. Loaded the one I looted.
    awesome man! if ou find one, lemme know :0)

I must admit that im new to scare nanos. Back when I played my original MA from last year, they didn't exist, so I'm still in the learning process. The information on the psychic requirements are very useful and it explains why there are three scare nanos instead of just one

So these are pretty much just like the enforcer scares eh?
    I would actually like to see a good scare for adventurers, seeing as they are a melee class as well. It would go a long way to rounding out the profession some more (been a loooooog time since I played my adventurer, but the class is very attractive still and that'll probably be the next dude i lvl up :P)
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

well I personally feel that rather than complain about MA agro control nano's lets FIX THE REST OF THEM.

I never get my scares to work, it is pathetic how much they are reisted.

I must not be scary enough for the mobs... maybe they should come to the boards and read some of my posts when I think someone is off their rocker.

maybe that will scare them away
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

same with enf fears.. short duration but the boss sometimes stands there for 30sec+ just looking while we tear up the lackeys

fyi the presence line is an utterly useless line. Browse the ma boards a bit for that to see how good it really is...

Gets resisted 80% of the time. Can't be instacast.

Iow it's useless besides for a fun diversion once or twice on low level mobs.

What I am trying to say:

situation in which it would be usefull:

when the ma is in a loosing fight. However since it gets resisted very, very much and can't be instacast.
    You are always better off with one of these two options:

1. use that cast time for a heal
    2. run away and hope you can zone out

I agree that I see little reason why ma's should have a fear nano, but you are grieviously misinformed if you think it is any good.

I have dominator uploaded and if you still won't believe me, I'll gladly demonstrate it's uselessness in game to you just send me a tell.

/hayake

Originally posted by Cemetarygate

Duration on Dominator is 41 seconds. Duration on Overlord is 26 seconds. I believe Jaydes database is showing the upcomming changes in 14.6.
    No dominator can't be cast again for 41 seconds. When you cast it it fills up an icon in yr ncu that can't be clicked off and remains there for 41 seconds (it doesn't take ncu space though), much like a hostile nano.

The duration of the fear itself is the stated 11 seconds at best

Originally posted by Hayake
    Can't be instacast.

when the ma is in a loosing fight. However since it gets resisted very, very much and can't be instacast.
    You are always better off with one of these two options:

1. use that cast time for a heal
    2. run away and hope you can zone out
    First off, Dominator only has a 5 second attack time. It can be EASILY insta cast.

Secondly, it has the same Psychic check as Horror from the Darkest Pit, which can fear Aces, Real Means and even BOSSES. Where exactly are you getting "low level" from?

Lastly, Feared mobs are NOT aggressive. If you fear a mob that has aggrod you, you can sit and heal. You don't NEED to use a heal on yourself, you can use that, a Health Recharger and even a Nano Recharger in that amount of time.

I play a profession that uses fears ALL the time. I also play a profession that has speeches with a 1m range. I also play a profession that deals with casting.

I am informed about how this nano works. Maybe since Martial Artists really have never dealt with crowd control, they really don't know how to use this nano. Then again most people don't know how to use Snares either. Trust me, give me the chance to use a nano like Dominator, and everybody will cry nerf.

Quote me on that.

First off, Dominator only has a 5 second attack time. It can be EASILY insta cast.
    We are talking about dark blue nano init her and most ma dont put to much ip in that because our heal are on 2 second attack time. Another thing is that mas fight on low def since then our evade works best. So you should insta cast an 5 sec nano on 30-40% in the aggdef bar. I have no idea how much nano init that I have to have to do that.

Secondly, it has the same Psychic check as Horror from the Darkest Pit, which can fear Aces, Real Means and even BOSSES. Where exactly are you getting "low level" from?

Lastly, Feared mobs are NOT aggressive. If you fear a mob that has aggrod you, you can sit and heal. You don't NEED to use a heal on yourself, you can use that, a Health Recharger and even a Nano Recharger in that amount of time.

Havnt tested it on aces, rm or bosses. I have to try that to check how its works on them.

Yes you are correct that feared mobs dont attack. Did use the pressence of dominator in SD when i was camping Clawfinger Forefather to fear a lot of adds and it worked oki. It didnt fear all of those i wasnt attacking all the time, but most of them.
    LeeLunkwill - Martial Artist
    Ensomulv - Enforcer
    Guild Forsaken

i dont care about the stats...

what good is a nano if it doesn't work? get your damn facts straight before you bash MAs in your subject title. i dont care about psyc. checks or nano resist b/c it's never worked for me unless i want to scare some leets

lucid flow just has a case of MA envy, that's it...
    sorry if being the best crowd controller in the game isn't good enough for you, sir

kurtz
    Pre-14.6 Freshman Boycott "Toolboxau" Canada - Legend 200 - Unit Member of Reborn - Proud American and Proud Conservative

ChanOP in FC's offical #anarchyonline; visit irc.funcom.com

Some say this country's just out looking for a fight
    Well after 9/11 man I'd have to say that's right
    Have you forgetten?

I play a profession that uses fears ALL the time. I also play a profession that has speeches with a 1m range. I also play a profession that deals with casting.

I am informed about how this nano works. Maybe since Martial Artists really have never dealt with crowd control, they really don't know how to use this nano. Then again most people don't know how to use Snares either. Trust me, give me the chance to use a nano like Dominator, and everybody will cry nerf.

Quote me on that.
    BM and PM cap alot higher for Crat than they do for MA's. That means MA's will get resisted alot more than a Crat would.

At 30-40% aggro you add 1s to cast time so it takes 6s to cast. 1200 Nano Init to InstaCast it. This is yet another skill that a Crat has as Green and MA's do not. I'd think if you were in such dire straights as to need to get a mob off you quickly, running up to full agg to cast this nano faster just to have it countered would be a very bad idea.

Why not go out and be an MA Crat and listen to an MA tell you how good fists are and how they know all about how to play an fist using Crat? Its about as effective, only the MA's advice would be worth more.

You also have the 160% nano resist for Dominator as compared to the 98% resist for Horror. Just a slight difference. Perhaps if an MA had BM and PM as green skills like a Crat then it wouldn't be resisted as much.

My guess at an MA's attack rating for this nano is 771. (711 PM and BM, 50% each) 160% Nano Resist brings the hopeful mob down to about 481 Nano Resist to have a good chance of resisting.

For Crats with the same set up, their attack on it would be 831+100 from the Add all off speech. 931. 98% Nano Resist.... 950 Nano Resist to beat that. Just a slight difference. Go ask a Trader how hard it is to get off a 190% resist nano even with 1k+ Nano skills.

Personally I think we should let everyone who thinks MA scares are good roll an MA and try them for themselves, they will be greatly dissapointed.

i would LOVE to see lucid try and control aces and real means with dominator hehe. that would truly be something hilarious. i'm a 191 MA and i can barely get that nano to work on vets and vets are barely over green to me now. but if you really think you could rule the world with it or whatever nonsense you were talking about earlier in this thread, by all means roll a MA and get our fear nanos:-) you will at least rule the world of leets and reets, i know i do:-)

Originally posted by Minivasn
    BM and PM cap alot higher for Crat than they do for MA's. That means MA's will get resisted alot more than a Crat would.
    At level 200 without implants, a Solitus Martial Artist PM and BM wll cap at 659. At level 200 for a Crat, it will cap at 719. That is a 60 point difference. 60 points. With a skill that high, 60 points are not very much to worry about. There is a 60 point difference in skill caps, yet there is a 130 point difference in the skill needed to use the nano.

Being Solitus, I cannot cast Horror until 190+ without some uber items i'll never have a chance to get. Martial Artists can cast Dominator during the 150-162 title cap.

At 30-40% aggro you add 1s to cast time so it takes 6s to cast. 1200 Nano Init to InstaCast it. This is yet another skill that a Crat has as Green and MA's do not. I'd think if you were in such dire straights as to need to get a mob off you quickly, running up to full agg to cast this nano faster just to have it countered would be a very bad idea.
    Martial Artists generally max Nano Init anyway to cast quick heals while further on the defensive side. They also use Recompilers that add +400 to Init which will essentially give you 1k Nano Init at level 200. 1k is more then enough to insta-cast a 5 second nano at a resonable defensive position of 30-40%. It is also clearly enough to cast it in less then or close to 1 second at full defensive.

1 second is not a long time.

You also have the 160% nano resist for Dominator as compared to the 98% resist for Horror. Just a slight difference. Perhaps if an MA had BM and PM as green skills like a Crat then it wouldn't be resisted as much.

My guess at an MA's attack rating for this nano is 771. (711 PM and BM, 50% each) 160% Nano Resist brings the hopeful mob down to about 481 Nano Resist to have a good chance of resisting.
    So nano resist is the SOLE balancing factor? The point I was making is simply Martial Artists did not ask for this nano, nor did they ever need it. They keep getting love while other professions are simply being ignored.

While 160% nano resist is a hefty penatly, in my opinion it is not a sufficient balancing point.

For Crats with the same set up, their attack on it would be 831+100 from the Add all off speech. 931. 98% Nano Resist.... 950 Nano Resist to beat that. Just a slight difference. Go ask a Trader how hard it is to get off a 190% resist nano even with 1k+ Nano skills.
    Our +100 speech does not effect the attack rating on our nanos, only our weapons.

And trust me, I know the difference between 190% resist and 160% may not seem like much, but it actually is a lot. Considering how much Traders complain about the Ransack line, compare that to how much people complain about the unstable charm line.

It's 162% resistable. Trust me, I deal with that % every day (since I use unstable charms much more then stable ones).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast