Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why does the MA AOE Fear have no psychic check but Crat/Enf fear does?

Originally posted by Lucid Flow
    Our +100 speech does not effect the attack rating on our nanos, only our weapons.
    Seems a bit off. Must be a bug. Go post about it.

"Fix Add all Off buffs.

Nanos are as offensive an attack as weapons, why doesn't it aid you in landing nanos as it aids in weapons successfully hitting?"

Does this also mean that add all def bonuses do not affect Nano Resist as well?
    Last edited by Miniexplicit; Oct 22nd, 2002 at 22:09:45.

Originally posted by Minivasn

Does this also mean that add all def bonuses do not affect Nano Resist as well?
    Yep, but that's why we have a nano resist speech too... if only we could run more than 1 at a time.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Amazing.

Add all off doesn't add to all offensive abilities,
    add all def doesn't add to all defensive abilities.

Must keep that in mind.

Allow me to step in as a voice of both an MA and a crat, though I will admit my crat is something less than high level, I still know the ins and outs of the prof.

Martial Artists can cast Dominator during the 150-162 title cap.
    I find that hard to do. Maybe if you went so far as to LOOK AT THE STATS ON THE NANO you would figure out why. It's called a level req.

Martial Artists generally max Nano Init anyway to cast quick heals while further on the defensive side. They also use Recompilers that add +400 to Init which will essentially give you 1k Nano Init at level 200. 1k is more then enough to insta-cast a 5 second nano at a resonable defensive position of 30-40%. It is also clearly enough to cast it in less then or close to 1 second at full defensive.

1 second is not a long time.
    That's just a stupid, stupid statement. WHY would an MA continue to boost nanoinit past the 350 or so it takes to instacast heals? Why not use it in bow or MC? Clearly you know nothing of MAs. Seeing as how we're also a combat class with some crazy NCU space nanos (nearly 150 for UVC/FFok/RI), we need all the NCU we can get. I.e., no recompilers here.

My point is that the nano is lukewarm at best. I would group it with our other uber nano, Return Attack, with its uber +45 Riposte bonus. It can be resisted by Vet enforcers, which represent the bottom of the barrel as far as 170+ mob nano resist goes. In 99% of the cases, I would take the time and nano that that takes to cast to use a heal or something. The crat fears work, I know because I've used them. What you can't seem to understand, Lucid, is that when you use a fear, it's because you have to have it work NOW. I have this problem with my calms in 150+ missions that I do with my crat. The unstable charm can be countered and you can have another one out in 4 secs or less. For the fears, the time between the start of an unsuccessful one and the end of a successful one can be well upwards of 10 seconds. That could be translated into about 1500-2000 damage if you're in a boss room with two lackeys. Which is not good.
    Intenseheat: Omni MA, ph33r teh ub3r l337
    Preeminence: Omni crat - hopelessly gimped - lost 180K IP trying to reset skills - ph33r teh ub3r t33th
    Omniwins: Omni soldier, always winning

I'm just an ass that happens to be smart.

So nano resist is the SOLE balancing factor? The point I was making is simply Martial Artists did not ask for this nano, nor did they ever need it. They keep getting love while other professions are simply being ignored.
    You recognize that we did not ask for this. I think most people can recognize that we did not ask for this. So can everyone stop bashing MAs for getting this? Put your points to Funcom. There are email address floating about. Perhaps people could send their concerns directly to Funcom, if they haven't already, rather than just complaining on the boards?

I'm just going to say something as an enforcer who maxed her nano init (and yes, it is dark blue also, blah blah).

Some of the enforcers doesn't even add nano init, and they think some of the slow casting nanos are useless (such as Layers and Fears). It is their own choice not to max it, and it is their own problem having issues with it not being a "good" nano.

Same applies to you (tho you don't have to agree). If you don't max nano init, or use a recompiler, of course the area taunt feels worthless, because you're not fully optimized to use the nano.

Enforcer single fear works perfectly great for me, and it has an attack time of 5.18 second. Since I can instacast it, it's a great tool for saving my team's life when urgent, as well as a great tool for mezzing the boss (the 459 Psychic check works up to boss around ql 195 missions).

I'd say MA fear nano could be a great tool, but since you didn't even try to maxing nano init for it, why even bother to complain?

Originally posted by Intenseheat
    I find that hard to do. Maybe if you went so far as to LOOK AT THE STATS ON THE NANO you would figure out why. It's called a level req.
    Based on skills alone, they will attain the skills to use the nano during this title before they cap. They will actually be able to use it at 165.

That's just a stupid, stupid statement. WHY would an MA continue to boost nanoinit past the 350 or so it takes to instacast heals? Why not use it in bow or MC? Clearly you know nothing of MAs. Seeing as how we're also a combat class with some crazy NCU space nanos (nearly 150 for UVC/FFok/RI), we need all the NCU we can get. I.e., no recompilers here.
    Why? So they can insta cast it at full defensive, which is essentially the goal of nano init.

Originally posted by Shatai
    You recognize that we did not ask for this. I think most people can recognize that we did not ask for this. So can everyone stop bashing MAs for getting this? Put your points to Funcom. There are email address floating about. Perhaps people could send their concerns directly to Funcom, if they haven't already, rather than just complaining on the boards?
    It seems when people mention the word "Martial Artists" it's automatically bashing.

It's silly at this point. The original point was a simple question as to REASONING for a nano given to a profession that should not have even gotten it.

It's becoming apparent Funcom has focused SO much on the MA, they are forgetting that other profession exist. It's coined the term Martial Artists Online (tm).

Originally posted by Phione
    , as well as a great tool for mezzing the boss
    Uhg, you don't Mez the boss you Fear it. Mezzing is something completely different. It seems every Enforcer I meet get's these confused.

currently fear is semi-bugged. Sometimes it will run away, sometimes it won't. If it ran away, I'd think it got feared, but if it didn't, I consider him as "mezzed". This happens to Mission Bosses all the time.

Also, if you attack Feared mob, they will attack the caster of the fear nano (well, at least it is like this for Enforcer Single fear), so it's sort of like mezz, but it's not.

Why? So they can insta cast it at full defensive, which is essentially the goal of nano init.
    Thats an way overkill for an ma, to insta cast an 5 sec nano at full def. Since your heal have 2 sec attack time. There are better places to place your ip.

It didnt work that great in an 190 mission, 50% mission for me. Feared some, but not all. If its not fearing the boss you have to wait 41 sec to try again, so i will not bet my exp on that nano to work when you needs it.
    LeeLunkwill - Martial Artist
    Ensomulv - Enforcer
    Guild Forsaken

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12