Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update - October 2014 (Happy Halloween!)

Funcom employee Monthly Development Update - October 2014 (Happy Halloween!)

Happy Halloween, citizens of Rubi-Ka! I hope you all have had a nice October...it's hard to believe how quickly this year is coming to an end.

The Pumpkin man cometh
    As I post this, you can expect to see the skies darkening and the devious Pumpkin-Heads crawling out of their pumpkin patches, looking to cause some mischief. This year, all the familiar flavors of Pumpkin-Heads will be returning, with a new one joining the ranks: the Ganking Uncle Pumpkin-Head. He has developed a strong taste for notum and is most commonly found in SBC-Xpm Site Alpha-Romeo 29. The Griefing and Ganking Uncle Pumpkin-Heads have also started carrying some extra special treasures, as there is no more room in their loot vaults. Late last year, Uncle Pumpkin-Head gave you a taste of his new treasures, which he'll be carrying around the entire duration of Hallowen.

The Entvined will be assaulting the Enigma Grove yet again as well. Confident in their victory, the Entvined Commanders are guarding remnants of a shipment of Miy armor (not only cloaks this time). Attempt to defeat the seemingly endless hordes of Entvined and you may find yourself walking away with some exceptionally rare loot, including high quality Miy armor of all types, including cloaks...and a sweet t-shirt!

Free Loot!
    As customarily done around the holidays, there are free items to be claimed! Anyone logging in during Halloween can claim a Pumpkin Helmet, a perfect costume for someone on a budget. Subscribers can additionally claim the new items: "Signal Beacon: Big Red" and a "Nano Crystal (Kizzermole Gumbaba)." Dazzle your friends with an effect that can be seen on Rubi-Ka from your Sunrise apartment, while winning their hearts with your adorably grotesque, pint-sized horror that will love you until its dying grunt.

For the duration of Halloween, we have also brought back several vehicles from years past, such as the Phasefront Death Rider, Skull Box, Nosferatu, and Ndenjese - Grab them while you can!

New to the item shop, we have:

* Nano versions of some classic Yalmahas. These function the same way as Phasefront vehicles, except with the elegant Yalmaha design. This first round has the classic Yalmaha, the Adaga, and Stiletto models.
    * Duelist Record Purge - When consumed, will reset your Win/Loss record of solo duels. Do note, there is a long lockout time between using these items.
    * Freelancers Inc. Recall Beacon - Using this will return you to your faction's Freelancer's Inc headquarters.

18.6.15 Patch hits Live
    Last week the Live server was patched with 18.6.15. This patch brought some QoL improvements and bug fixes that we've wanted to bring in for a while, and we were happy to get to them. To allow for further testings/bug fixes, the Inferno Missions that were slated for this version have been moved to 18.6.16, which I'll talk about next. Patch notes for this can be found Here.

Inferno Missions Reach Testlive

Last week also brought a new patch to Testlive. While the scope of the patch was seemingly small, it required us to bring Testlive backwards from 18.7 to 18.6, which posed some interesting challenges and obstacles. For people who have been on Testlive previously, you will need to redupe your Live client. If you have never been on Testlive, now is as good of a time as any! You can pick up the client duper Here. I will write a more detailed explanation of this encounter once it has been patched Live.

To begin one of these missions, speak with The Retainer of Ergo, located near Inferno's Ergo. Best of luck!

On the Road to 18.7
    Once the Inferno Missions have been patched to Live, the majority of focus will shift back to 18.7, which includes, but is not limited to, the NPE and profession rebalance. I do not plan to patch Testlive with a new version of 18.7 until it's a little further along, but I'll be sure to list what has been going on in update letters like these. There should be more to report next month as we start reaching goals and milestones.

Semi-related to the rebalance efforts, a number of Professional (re)votes are in the process of going on, so head on over to your Profession's forum and see what's going on there. Similarly, there is still the 18.7 Forum and other similar forums to voice feedback and suggestions. While I cannot guarantee everything that is listed will be put in-game, every suggestion will be read and considered; as always, thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback.

Thank you everyone and I will see you next month! Stay away from any real-life Weird Looking Candy.
    Last edited by Tomium; Oct 29th, 2014 at 14:53:41.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

First

And more seriously, nice to read I missed out on some halloween content last year, was simply away at the time.
    Halloween content live this weekend or tomorrow ?
    Last edited by Caloss2; Oct 29th, 2014 at 13:20:49.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    * Duelist Record Purge - When consumed, will reset your Win/Loss record of solo duels. Do note, there is a long lockout time between using these items.
    A small question on this, is it /played or /real lockout timer ?
    And as an aside, any chance you can put SB timers on /real as a QoL fix ?

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    A small question on this, is it /played or /real lockout timer ?
    And as an aside, any chance you can put SB timers on /real as a QoL fix ?
    They currently use /played, similar to a faction change form.

I agree that it'd be nice if more things used a real lockout timer...I'll have to investigate if/how that could be accomplished.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

* Freelancers Inc. Recall Beacon - Using this will return you to your faction's Freelancer's Inc headquarters.
    Where will neutrals get warped to? Will neutrals return to the HQ they pulled daily mission from?
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    Where will neutrals get warped to? Will neutrals return to the HQ they pulled daily mission from?
    Neutrals are sent to a nondescript antique shop in Borealis. Seems like a practical joke by the agency contracted by the Freelancers to create this device.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Can understand why u had to put loads of pumpkins in the miner mission?
    Quee

Would it be possible to get the Freelancer beacon added to the vet shop at some point?
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Omg, this is nice, Small patches like this make game very worthwhile.
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Raggy View Post
    Would it be possible to get the Freelancer beacon added to the vet shop at some point?
    Yes, I believe it'll eventually end up in there.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Could you mention or take a look at making things like vehicles account wide. Especially when they hit a certain price point/point value. Stilletto is basically $30 dollars for 1 toon. Thats quite a bit. Even at 600 points I feel it should be account wide. I think this is in line with what many other games with item shops do. Same for other items to be honest, fashion etc.

Sort of off topic. will there be any subscription promo's coming soon?

Other than that, event looks good and thanks for the free items!

Thanks for the update and the start of Halloween activities ...

Glad to hear the Freelance beacon will be in Vet shop also. I haven't logged in yet today ... is there a vehicle among the free items to claim?

Lastly, in a prior post you mentioned that Halloween would last for two weeks ... does that mean thru midnight Tuesday, November 11th?

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by paperjockey View Post
    Could you mention or take a look at making things like vehicles account wide. Especially when they hit a certain price point/point value. Stilletto is basically $30 dollars for 1 toon. Thats quite a bit. Even at 600 points I feel it should be account wide. I think this is in line with what many other games with item shops do. Same for other items to be honest, fashion etc.

Sort of off topic. will there be any subscription promo's coming soon?

Other than that, event looks good and thanks for the free items!
    This

Why should I buy a yalm for 200 FC points, or any halloween vehicle for 600 FC points, when I can get a "regular" vehicle (Banshee/Bike) for 150 FC points?

I forgot to ask ...

Last year Lya's did not drop (or very rarely) from outdoor UPH, only mission UPH. Is that the same this year, or will Lya's drop from ALL UPH/GUPH's?

Emma

Halloween Stuff and:
    New to the item shop, we have:

* Nano versions of some classic Yalmahas. These function the same way as Phasefront vehicles, except with the elegant Yalmaha design. This first round has the classic Yalmaha, the Adaga, and Stiletto models.
    Best patch ever. Those old Yalms just look the best but who could justify the IP/equip/unequip times anymore.
    Any chance you could look into making the old Yalmaha Obscura available in this form in future rounds? It was a black normal Yalm that was added to the DB forever ago but never made available.
    Last edited by Krause; Oct 29th, 2014 at 17:44:42.
    Krause Equip

*** Krause's Evil WTB Thread! (Weird/Odd Stuff) ***
    (Items like "Lost Faith/Hope", "Wreath of Insects", "Chirop Exoskeleton Wing Mesh", "Small Jar", "Old Barrel")
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This is going to get done if it kills me or preferably someone else.

Pumpkins AND new Patch-notes...It must be my Birthday

Nice work Michi, keep it comin' man
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Thanks for the update and the start of Halloween activities ...

Glad to hear the Freelance beacon will be in Vet shop also. I haven't logged in yet today ... is there a vehicle among the free items to claim?

Lastly, in a prior post you mentioned that Halloween would last for two weeks ... does that mean thru midnight Tuesday, November 11th?

Emma
    There isn't any free vehicles this time around, though maybe around Christmas time.

Halloween will last a little over 2 weeks, going late into the week of the 11th.

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    I forgot to ask ...

Last year Lya's did not drop (or very rarely) from outdoor UPH, only mission UPH. Is that the same this year, or will Lya's drop from ALL UPH/GUPH's?

Emma
    All Pumpkin-Heads should have a chance to drop Lya's armor. The Griefing/Ganking pumpkins will have a higher drop rate, but they should all drop pieces rather frequently.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

You can get pistols via missions yeah?

Could some1 please make a video of the new inferno missions and put on perhaps yuotube for those of us that are currently subscriper impared and can't log onto test adn try them out.
    (also i think that on a TEST server you should be able to TEST ALL STUFF even if you're not on a subscriber account, so if it would be possible for everyone to get access to expansion there that would be really great, even if it's on a ask-to-get-it basis, i don't care)

Also, thanks for writing this stuff up, i like being informed, put out enough good stuff and i'll resub for another month at some point
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Oct 29th, 2014 at 19:51:04.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Thanks and keep up the good work!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast