Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What could life in AO be like?

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    "That's about the gyst of it I think! Let's be annoyed with a bot system and rant a bit about it, only to go replace it with something with the same pitfalls & issues"...."Hellcom has been a community run bot for many years now & over those years I've seen people that are unwilling or unable to follow some simple rules that benefit everyone involved in said system".
    I can see how you come to this conclusion. It's often something I chat about on a daily occasion.

The reality of the situation is, its not the same bot with the same rules. For example.

1. Hellcom bans people with clan alts, iraid/iomni/iclan does not. We realize this is just "false" security at some desperate attempt to harass people along the way. Most of this game has a alt of a different faction, and its just stupid to think you can ban them all for it. People will tell other people whats going on regardless of faction.

2. Hellcom bans other people for trying to do the same content. Iraid does not. Nor will ever plan to.

3. Hellcom pushes people to hate clans regardless of the situation. Reality is, we are all people behind the keyboard. We are all very much the same. This "rage" mentality does the game no good, and should be replaced with sportsmanship instead.

4. Hellcom bans and demotes their RLers for activity on other bots. Iraid does not. Iraid encourages all possible raids.

5. Hellcom bans people for ALL THEIR CONTENT, basically saying to people "your no good to use our bot at all" when its only a PvP related infraction. This is just straight out harassment and should be avoided. Iraid would ban people on individual bots that are responsible for the content they are giving a issue towards. So a PvP infraction would not effect their ability to PVM.

6. The only thing that "might" be the same, is the abuse of powers in certain citations. This is a flaw on a humanistic side of things, it can be prevented and reduced, but I can't honestly predict what someone is going to do before they do it.

From the outside in, sure it looks the same. But I assure you, its not.

Edit: "Hellcom has been a community run bot for many years" <---am I the only one that got a chuckle out of this?
    Last edited by Wisdomman; Oct 21st, 2014 at 18:25:38.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomman View Post
    I can see how you come to this conclusion. It's often something I chat about on a daily occasion.

The reality of the situation is, its not the same bot with the same rules. For example.

1. Hellcom bans people with clan alts, iraid/iomni/iclan does not. We realize this is just "false" security at some desperate attempt to harass people along the way. Most of this game has a alt of a different faction, and its just stupid to think you can ban them all for it. People will tell other people whats going on regardless of faction.

2. Hellcom bans other people for trying to do the same content. Iraid does not. Nor will ever plan to.

3. Hellcom pushes people to hate clans regardless of the situation. Reality is, we are all people behind the keyboard. We are all very much the same. This "rage" mentality does the game no good, and should be replaced with sportsmanship instead.

4. Hellcom bans and demotes their RLers for activity on other bots. Iraid does not. Iraid encourages all possible raids.

5. Hellcom bans people for ALL THEIR CONTENT, basically saying to people "your no good to use our bot at all" when its only a PvP related infraction. This is just straight out harassment and should be avoided. Iraid would ban people on individual bots that are responsible for the content they are giving a issue towards. So a PvP infraction would not effect their ability to PVM.

6. The only thing that "might" be the same, is the abuse of powers in certain citations. This is a flaw on a humanistic side of things, it can be prevented and reduced, but I can't honestly predict what someone is going to do before they do it.

Edit: "Hellcom has been a community run bot for many years" <---am I the only one that got a chuckle out of this?

#1, Hellcom is an OMNI bot. Had you somehow forgotten that bit? If a player decides to assist the other faction, that's their problem and we'll remove them Hellcom. Really not difficult to understand that yet it seems to be constantly eluding you.

#2, Wut? What does that even mean? Please explain as that really doesn't make any sense at all

#3, I'll repeat it in the hopes that it may sink in. Hellcom is an OMNI bot. Not a Clan bot.

#4, That wasn't the entire reason you were removed at all, despite all your attempts at misleading folks.

#5, Hellcom is an invite only bot, so bans are to be expected if you can't follow the very simple rules that help the majority of Hellcoms' playerbase. It's much like when I ran pubs, it is always less about who is IN the pub as opposed to who is NOT in the pub. Think about that for a moment & it'll help clear things up for you a little.

#6, Doesn't need covering as I'm pleased to see that you have a grasp on that concept.

As for your last remark all I will say to that is a reminder of how many people that are quite content with Hellcom, have geared up characters using the system & have less invested in drama than the likes of yourself. Your own power-trip (that was partly responsible for your removal) is also something that people should be aware of while you're creating all this drama, but I guess like us, they'll see through that before too long. Good luck and have fun.
    Last edited by Aiken; Oct 21st, 2014 at 18:41:18.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

#1, Hellcom is an OMNI bot. Had you somehow forgotten that bit? If a player decides to assist the other faction, that's their problem and we'll remove them Hellcom. Really not difficult to understand that yet it seems to be constantly eluding you.

#2, Wut? What does that even mean? Please explain as that really doesn't make any sense at all

#3, I'll repeat it in the hopes that it may sink in. Hellcom is an OMNI bot. Not a Clan bot.

#4, That wasn't the entire reason you were removed at all, despite all your attempts at misleading folks.

#5, Hellcom is an invite only bot, so bans are to be expected if you can't follow the very simple rules that help the majority of Hellcoms' playerbase. It's much like when I ran pubs, it is always less about who is IN the pub as opposed to who is NOT in the pub. Think about that for a moment & it'll help clear things up for you a little.

#6, Doesn't need covering as I'm pleased to see that you have a grasp on that concept.

As for your last remark all I will say to that is a reminder of how many people that are quite content with Hellcom, have geared up characters using the system & have less invested in drama than the likes of yourself. Your own power-trip (that was partly responsible for your removal) is also something that people should be aware of while you're creating all this drama, but I guess like us, they'll see through that before too long. Good luck and have fun.
    You know, you hellcom admins are all the same, and your ruining this forum with your flames. Again and again I will say, this forum is not about hellcom. It about the people who are turning this game hostile.

All of your posts are common sense and known logic to the community, none of it needed to be posted. "how many people that are quite content with Hellcom" is joke.

This is no power trip, I'm not seeking vengeance, I'm not sad or upset about anything hellcom did to me personally. I am doing this for other people, I followed HC rules just fine because I "walked the line". Yes its a invite only bot, yes its "omni only", this is nothing but common knowledge at this point. Repeating it to prove a point does nothing for your case.

And for the record, I was "officially banned" because I was collecting data off the bot, hence why the !points command has been removed.

Stop trolling this forum thread with the elitist crap you guys have been preaching since day one. Your "god almighty" attitudes need to go. If you think for a second that the majority community respects you, or enjoys your bot with your "scare" tactics then you live in a deeper hole then I thought you did.

I could of kept to myself just fine, I could of spent my 400+ points before i got banned, I could of ignored it all together.

But at the end of the day, "I" decided not to because it does this community no good. Not because I didn't fit you "ideals" or banned for some childish reason.

I will give you something, you guys are organized, and relentless, and its a damn shame. This little "nit group" does nothing but sit on their thrones and cast down drama and lies directing people out of fear of not being included or loosing their hard earned points.

Its disgusting.

You are welcome to think anything you like, however much of it is either outright wrong, or just a blatant lie.

I'm done arguing with you or even trying to explain things a little.

And I also won't even go near the fact that you & your buddies were trying to skank OTHER PEOPLES points on the bot. That's just wrong on so many levels and you damned well know it.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

You are welcome to think anything you like, however much of it is either outright wrong, or just a blatant lie.

I'm done arguing with you or even trying to explain things a little.

And I also won't even go near the fact that you & your buddies were trying to skank OTHER PEOPLES points on the bot. That's just wrong on so many levels and you damned well know it.
    "skank OTHER PEOPLES points on the bot"... lol.. yah? Shank is the best word to use here?

I was collecting data so when people got banned unfairly they could get their points reimbursed on iraid so all their time wasn't wasted when HC decided to ban whole orgs for just the actions of the few.

If you call that wrong, then I don't want to know what you consider right

Suuure you were. That's obviously what you were doing...

Riiight.

Last edited by Wisdomman; Oct 21st, 2014 at 19:37:28.

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomman View Post

I've got the perfect example for it. A few years ago I got promoted on Hellcom for purely PVP purposes. I helped omni take back towers and defend them, I did a good job and people listened to me and showed up in good numbers. What was my thanks? Being demoted because someone from the team who did nothing whatsoever didn't like me.

After alot of effort I got my leadership back and I asked to join the omni PVP bot (After server merge) I got access but I instantly got removed again because people didn't like me. How big of an issue is it really to think for yourself, if someone is a good asset you keep them and if someone's not you talk to them before taking actions. I never asked acces back anymore.

Then I got promoted on hellcom again to do PVP and PVM etc. After a year of being a leader I got banned of the bot for private reasons where hellcom whatsoever had nothing to do with. After a while I got unbanned and I requested leadership back. The person I had my "reasons" with has made sure with the bot super admin that I would NEVER get my raidleadership back again because of the "private reasons"

So people, do not plan anything private that hellcom might suffer on cause nomatter what the reason may be they will ban you if they want

At the end of the day it will always be people that break an MMO.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

This topic has gone seriously off-topic with basically the whole "Iraid V.S Hellcom" Situation.... I thought this thread was supposed to be some what addressing the issue about multi boxing for pvp?
    220/28/70 Crat : Rastacraty (My 1st paid and 220 <3 )
    220/30/70 Shade : Rastasshadow (My 2nd paid toon and a nice experiment )

Any questions contact me in game : I am 9/10 times on my shade and am on almost every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Abeja View Post
    What was my thanks? Being demoted because someone from the team who did nothing whatsoever didn't like me.
    I got access but I instantly got removed again because people didn't like me. )
    Welcome to the world of the internet... No matter who you are or what you have done within the internet; (Whether it's making videos, Programming games, stuff like that...) You are ALWAYS going to get that 1 person that will go out of their way to troll you on everything you do. As a raid leader for Iraid myself, I can say that I have a lot of support but also at the same time, I always get that 1 person in a raid or out of raids that goes out of their way to try and get a bad reaction of me so they have a reason to run to an admin crying with their head between their legs in the hope that I will get demoted/banned. Simple solution. Don't let the trolls get the better of you.. End of the day... Haters gonna hate, Trollers are gonna troll.. Their is nothing you can do except address them in a professional manner and simply warn them that if they continue their actions on a public raid bot, then they will be removed, simple.

Hell.. Even within the Iraid staff; I know that 1 or 2 of the Raidleaders/Admins absolutely despise me (for whatever reason is beyond me), but I won't let them get the better of me simple... I've even been told from an Iraid admin that i'm basically, "A useless piece of Sh**"... But I don't let it get to me and still managed to throw out 150 raids in 1 month

Any questions contact me in game : I am 9/10 times on my shade and am on almost every day!

Quote Originally Posted by R0sers View Post
    This topic has gone seriously off-topic with basically the whole "Iraid V.S Hellcom" Situation
    Having actually read the opening post I can't for the life of me figure out how is discussing a subject mentioned in the original post "seriously off-topic".

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Having actually read the opening post I can't for the life of me figure out how is discussing a subject mentioned in the original post "seriously off-topic".
    Where in the original post does it even mention "Iraid" or "Hellcom"? The closest that it has come to is "Bot Tyranny", This to me includes public and private raiding bots, org raiding bots, not specifically aimed at Hellcom or Iraid.

Where in the original post does it even mention "Iraid" or "Hellcom"? The closest that it has come to is "Bot Tyranny", This to me includes public and private raiding bots, org raiding bots, not specifically aimed at Hellcom or Iraid.
    It doesn't mention it in the original post directly but when he responded to my inquiries here (asking for clarification on the original post) he stated #2 was hellcom.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I was hoping this concept could be applied to all game bots, not just the one that is relivent to me. My understanding is that NoRaid and other clan bots can devolp these same hostile environments we find on omni side. The idea is the change ALL BOT RELATIONS regardless of how we do it. This has nothing to do with direct political attacks towards Hellcom.

We need to start developing healthy relationships with the community from the top down, its the only way its going to change. Sadly this does imply that somethings wrong with the current bot control and that instantly starts pointing fingers. The issue is here is that people think I'm trying to *poke at them* because of the recent drama with hellcom. And this isn't a hellcom thing, this is a "lets change how we treat other people" thing.

I'm not trying to ruin anyone day, I'm simply trying to lead a different path. I'm being treated with verbal and in game attacks almost daily for just try to change the "current" of the game. I really do wish even people like foob decide that hating on a "omni" raid for trying to take Tara (in game content for everyone) is really unnecessary. I'm still omni helping omnis, that is still within the rules of hes bot. It's examples like this one that i refer to as "unnecessary hostility", and it's extremely repulsive.

I have been labled a Lair, Omni Ganker, Bot hacker, Traitor, A Child, and all in the name of what? Me trying to lead a Omni group towards Omni content?

I have never shown any hostility towards omni, or hellcom, I just want to share the content that was made available to us by funcom. And yet my 450+ points (which was transferred to Iraid) that I had earned helping "OMNI" players was taken away. Do you see the connection yet?

Those 450 points were how many raids? 30?40?50? How many of those raids did I lead of my own time? All of them.

How many were on Hellcom? All of them.

How many items were auctioned in that time? ACDCs, Supples etc? A Ton.

And yet all that time I had invested in to omni was taken away from me, all that help, and for what reason?

Trying to take the same mob as you? With the same faction? With your own bot members?

And people say I'm being personal?

I'm not the one standing around with a 220 Neut fixer at Tara door every raid praying I show up so I can "make a spectacle" out of it.

'
    Last edited by Wisdomman; Oct 22nd, 2014 at 18:15:43.

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    It doesn't mention it in the original post directly but when he responded to my inquiries here (asking for clarification on the original post) he stated #2 was hellcom.
    It's hard for me not to use the example that is most prevalent to me. They are what I know the best, naturally by being so active in that specific bot.

I can only "assume" this about the other bots. I have no real authority to talk about the other bots directly, or else I would just be lying. I do however understand the mentality we develop as a whole, and the trickle down effects of our actions.
    Last edited by Wisdomman; Oct 22nd, 2014 at 18:19:28.

Because if you played this game you'd know what he meant by that (and as jill already pointed out). He obviously isn't against bot tyranny as he was the closest thing to a tyrant hellcom had during his time there and will continue to be one his new bot. On hellcom he was abusive, made his own rules, ignored hierarchy, and was stealing hellcom data for his own project that he's trying to sell here, all reasons for his eventual ban. Hope that cleared it up for you.
    Last edited by Pafpuf; Oct 22nd, 2014 at 18:24:57.

Because if you played this game you'd know what he meant by that (and as jill already pointed out). He obviously isn't against bot tyranny as he was the closest thing to a tyrant hellcom had during his time there and will continue to be one his new bot. On hellcom he was abusive, made his own rules, ignored hierarchy, and was stealing hellcom data for his own project that he's trying to sell here, all reasons for his eventual ban. Hope that cleared it up for you.
    You keep singing the same tune, every time you talk your always attacking me instead of productively working on the obvious issued that currently exist.

Do you honestly think people don't notice this behavior......?

The point is out there, both sides don't need to be trashing this thread. There are other more productive things this post wanted to accomplish.

PS. Good job at educating yourself of what is actually going on, and that's a great spin you put on it. At this point you must be getting desperate.
    Last edited by Wisdomman; Oct 22nd, 2014 at 18:58:49.

and was stealing hellcom data for his own project that he's trying to sell here, all reasons for his eventual ban. Hope that cleared it up for you.
    Do you have Actual proof of this?

Do you have Actual proof of this?
    Actually rasta what he says in this specific portion is prob the most "true" of them all. Other then me "selling" iraid, that post is coming at a later date.

I did steal hellcom data of everyone who was active in the last 2 months and the points on their account. This is 100% and was the reason for the actual ban foob gave for my account. I cataloged this information and still update it daily even with foobs !points command removed. I do this so if and when people get banned from hellcom for no reason I can relieve some of the unnecessary giefing.

He later realized why.

Edit: What I said to pafpuf goes for you to! Lets move on!
    Last edited by Wisdomman; Oct 22nd, 2014 at 19:01:03.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast