Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What could life in AO be like?

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomman View Post
    I do. You see, there is more of us then there is of them. It ruins the game for every one, regardless of side.

These people ruin pvp all the time. 5 AS's, meep, sneak, 5 AS's, meep, sneak.

Infact PvP just died in Bor 3 mins ago, why? I wonder why...
    i do get your point. i do. but in all fairness. that was happening before as well. remember the mostly omni then neutral then clan then some neutral midgets known as the gangbangslu1s? those were just 4 kids with teamspeak. it was exactly the same. and they weren't even ashamed of it, they even tried to brag about it here on the forums, about the exact behavior your describe. just they didn't multibox, just teamspeak. the effect was the same. well not quite, because they were gangbanging one guy and then wait out flag and you could be sure they wouldnt come back before. but you get my point.

remember those times? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY9w9zWQLVg they will never come back. the music is terrible i know. but just look at how slowly targets dropped even in a 50vs50 fight. how long 40 people needed to drop tara.

offtopic: why is dumo in all videos i saw through today? damn him! dumbobombed!
    Last edited by Xootch; Oct 20th, 2014 at 01:36:59.

Quote Originally Posted by R0sers View Post
    Seems to me that ever since Wisdomman was relieved of being a active raid leader (And he was, I hardly see any HC raids now), HC have just gotten really eyesore for no reason.. I have seen myself at tara that HC users have ganked Wisdomman (Shade in sneak ftw :P ), I have also noticed that HC is under the impression that they rightfully own tara to. That is a load of bs, It is content that has been added for all to use. (Im 99.9% sure Froobs can go to tara also.) HC are being rather petty IMO and have seen members from my org get banned from HC just because they used a different bot. Does that not seem stupid to all of you? In that retrospective; You can only join 1 org and never leave. IMO all users should have the freedom to use whatever bot they want, Not have a choice like :"Oh if you join X bot, you will get insta banned from Y bot and we will also make it our sole objective to make your gaming experience as harsh as possible." It's a game end of the day, nothing more, nothing less. If people are getting uptight about little minor things like that then they need to go outside and experience life....

Are you not 15 years old? I don't think you experienced life yet.
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

need more 'return to npc' to get loot instead of 'loot from corpse'. Don't have to worry about botna*is then.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy1 View Post
    Are you not 15 years old? I don't think you experienced life yet.
    Super constructive chewy.

When your ready to join the adult conversation please let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by Chewy1 View Post
    Are you not 15 years old?
    I wish i was...... Wouldn't have to worry about paying bills and looking after my sick 7 month old daughter single handedly..
    220/28/70 Crat : Rastacraty (My 1st paid and 220 <3 )
    220/30/70 Shade : Rastasshadow (My 2nd paid toon and a nice experiment )

Any questions contact me in game : I am 9/10 times on my shade and am on almost every day!

The present state of AO is the result of Funcom's action (or in most cases rather lack of actions).

Players just adapt and try to use it for their own benefits. Some players (as in real life) still behave with some kind of moral rules/honour (whatever you call it) but quite a few just do not care about such things because they only care about themselves.

Imagine that you see an elderly woman stumble and fall on a deserted street. She is unconcuious, you can :
    1. Try to help her
    2. Call an ambulance
    3. Pass to the other side of the street and pretend you did not see anything
    4. Grab her bag and walk away with it.

AO is just a game but you can find all kind of people playing it.

Funcom is/was unable to stop a lot of exploits which ruined economy of AO. They also can not or do not want to stop credit sellers.
    The same can be said about multiboxing.

I understand that none of the above mentioned problems are easy to solve and that there are no 100% sure methods of doing it.
    However with some proper actions all those problems could be reduced by at least 90%-95%.

The biggest problem is that Funcom does not want to do it. The number of people working on AO has been dramatically reduced over the years and now they are not even trying to do anything about it because they have a totally different list of priorities and tasks to do.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

I wish i was...... Wouldn't have to worry about paying bills and looking after my sick 7 month old daughter single handedly..
    Oh don't you love it? These people think we are children living in their moms basement somewhere.

Oh how hard might it be to imagine that I'm a college grad in engineering, ran a computer business, have a house (that i own), a wife, two kids, two dogs, two cars.

Oh but if that's to much to believe, then you will never believe that I've also rebuilt engines, houses, and have fished for years.

But I do nothing but play AO and fail at everything I do right? I mean, aren't we all wasted all the time and sleep till 2pm?

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    The present state of AO is the result of Funcom's action (or in most cases rather lack of actions)..
    I get it, I really do.

Reality is Funcom does not play this game or do it any justice. They do not understand what the players themselves understand and refuse to see any vision in it.

But I want to keep this on what WE as the community can do about it. Utilize OUR control over the game, which happens to be much more then most.

PS. Lets try to keep this on us, and start another "flame funcom" thread if you wish.

But I do get it, i really do. Why try when they won't?

..... Cause we can.
    Last edited by Wisdomman; Oct 20th, 2014 at 15:12:40.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    i do get your point. i do. but in all fairness. that was happening before as well. remember the mostly omni then neutral then clan then some neutral midgets known as the gangbangslu1s? those were just 4 kids with teamspeak. it was exactly the same. and they weren't even ashamed of it, they even tried to brag about it here on the forums, about the exact behavior your describe. just they didn't multibox, just teamspeak. the effect was the same. well not quite, because they were gangbanging one guy and then wait out flag and you could be sure they wouldnt come back before. but you get my point.

remember those times? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VY9w9zWQLVg they will never come back. the music is terrible i know. but just look at how slowly targets dropped even in a 50vs50 fight. how long 40 people needed to drop tara.

offtopic: why is dumo in all videos i saw through today? damn him! dumbobombed!
    I forgot to respond to this. I remember when it happened before, and i remember how i felt.

(group of guys)
    My respond: Oh damn you got your sh*t together, i need to do that to.

(single guy with multiple accounts)
    My respond: Oh damn you have no life, why should you be more capable then me because you have more $$$

Ones skill/organizing.

The other is griefing and 1 button.

Bottom line, its separating the population to second class.

I think this topic has been derailed a bit. What did you guys think about my MBing resolve?

Gank regardless of faction?

Show them the hostile environment they show us?

Seems fair

Edit: I am referring to PvP only!
    Meh, pvp balance is at fault here.

How about make it so after each jobe nuke you are imune for 6 seconds to jobes, Each AS immunity for 10 aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

When you continuously display behavioral patterns of a teenager naturally people will think of you as kids. It has nothing to do with how you live or what you have, it's about the way you express yourself. Nobody here can see your house, wife, kids, DAGS, cars etc. but they can all see your "down with the system that has hurt me on a personal level" tantrums.

I am not experienced with MB'ing at all, but from what i've been told, all MB'ers have the toons on /follow... So a possible solution is that if a user is flagged, then the /follow command should not be available to use on the flagged char, so in theory this will mess up the pathing of a MB'er and their toons should not be stuck together so they cant run around all together and sneak/as people, If the follow command was auto disabled within pvp (FC can easily implement a check to see if a user is flagged, then the /follow command will auto disable). This could prevent mb'ers from pvping the game to death even more. I may have misunderstood what I have been told but from what i gathered, even a mb'er; The /follow command is essential

Any questions contact me in game : I am 9/10 times on my shade and am on almost every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Cratertina View Post
    Meh, pvp balance is at fault here.

How about make it so after each jobe nuke you are imune for 6 seconds to jobes, Each AS immunity for 10 aswell.
    Interesting concept but would fail with tower raids and tara, as you could never kill anyone at that point.

Its going to far.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    "When you continuously display behavioral patterns of a teenager"... "down with the system that has hurt me on a personal level" tantrums.
    Behavioral patterns? So what your a psychiatrist now to? You and my wife might get along... seeing that it was her major.

Down with the system? Yah, the system blows. Its built to harass.

And you keep using "it hurt me, so now I rage" as a cover up to the actual goal. I'm not hurt, i did not get banned unwillingly. I welcomed it, and so did many others.

I may have misunderstood what I have been told but from what i gathered, even a mb'er; The /follow command is essential
    The issue here is that follow would work until they flag, but then the damage is done. Whats the next mechanic they use? Meep.
    Wait out the flag in the grid, rinse and repeat.

It would do little to improve the current situation.

Then have it so if you are flagged, you can not zone anyway (grid, backyards, shops, you get the idea). This is really hard to have a work around as a mb'er is acting as a 2nd user. A viable option would be to allow users to duel log but make MBing illegal so that FC still gets their income and users can still log 2+ toons at a time but they would have to alt tab between clients which is quite time consuming for a pvper (As far as im aware, timing is a critical component in PVP).

<snip>

What is this hostile behavior?
    1. PvP Mutliboxing
    2. Griefing towers.
    3. Trolling unknowing people
    4. Hacking/Stealing
    5. Bot Tyranny

<snip>
    So what can we do?

This is a hard one to answer, cause its really hard to predict the trickle down effects of our behavior. But I think this is what we could try.

1. Battle aggression/trolling with ignorance.
    2. Pull power away from hostile leaders.
    3. Bring "sportsmanship" back to the game.
    4. Help more in development in AO by use of the forums.
    5. Treat PvP Multiboxing with HOSTILITY! Gank regardless of faction.
    6. Develop and lead orgs to be less aggressive, with core objectives to develop newcomers.
    7. Stop buying out GMI and re-posting it.
    <snip>
    Ideas? Comments? Upset? Please speak up!
    I'm a little unclear regarding the problem(s) you're trying to combat with your suggestions of things we should try so I have some questions and a few comments.

#1 (Battle aggression/trolling): Means what exactly? Notum Wars is all about aggression so obviously that's not what you're referring to here. Are you talking about aggression and trolling in chat channels or something else? Is what you're trying to battle something that can't be solved with the /ignore feature both in-game and on the forums? If not, does it not qualify for a /petition?

#2 (Pull power away from hostile leaders): Are we talking about PvP leaders, Org leaders, Bot Admins/Coders, mentors or what? If someone is leading that means someone is choosing to follow. Bots are things of the past because everything in game, outside of S42, can be done with a team. S42 requires a tad bit of coordination but it isn't rocket science and there's no reason (except lack of motivation) why 1 to 3 orgs can't just get together and do it on a regular basis.

#3 (Bring sportsmanship back to the game) and #5 (Treat multiboxing with hostility): I get where you're going with these but I doubt it is possible. We play a MMO where we don't need other people. I have a really good org that plays together but if they didn't, or even during slow times org-wise, I can still do just fine on my own. What that means is that there is no way to institute some sort of ingame societal norm. Laws and rules only work because there are negative consequences if you break them. What happens if someone is behaving in a non-sportsmanlike manner? You kick them from an org? They'll just make their own org of scumbags (I could point out a few of these in all factions already.. but I won't. They know who they are, lol). What happens if someone is multiboxing? You ban them from a bot they don't need? You try to gather the masses against them until the majority of people get worn down and give up while the multiboxer continues (see Clanside for reference)? There's nothing that we as players can do. The most I have ever tried to do is reason with individuals but that has yet to work for me over the past year or so.

Your definition, and my definition of fine are two COMPLETELY different definitions.

Burning someones account for having a clan alt is not fine, its harassment.
    Burning someones account for breaking up with you, is not fine, its harassment.
    Burning someones account for wanting to share RK content, is not fine, its harassment.
    Burning someones account for Leading 42 raids on another bot, is not fine, its harassment.
    Burning someones account for arguing with a harassing admin, is not fine, its harassment.

I could go all day. But once again, I'm not telling people something they don't already know. They either choose to acknowledge it or ignore it.
    Burning someones account for <doing something that is allowed per Funcom>, is not fine, its harassment.

That said, promoting hostility towards a group that is legitimately playing the game is kinda bad too. I do not agree with multiboxing in any form but I don't think it is right to suggest that players are openly hostile to someone else when they aren't breaking the EULA or technically aren't considered to be cheating. Now these people using hack programs and such.. different story but multiboxing, regardless of how some of us personally feel about it, is not breaking any rule and I think telling players to meet it with hostility is kinda on the line of promoting harassment.

#6 (Develop and lead orgs to be less aggressive, with core objectives to develop newcomers.): Again the word aggressive. There's a Clan vs Omni conflict so still need clarification on what you mean by aggression. But yeah, regarding newcomers..Great idea. Best thing you can do, however, is do this yourself. I remember when I ran Events by Jill it was primarily an org for newer and less experienced players. It thrived til I simply got burned out and we raided everything except S42. Pack of Noobs, omni side, was even larger and I believe they're still around. Black Star was my first org in-game, neutral, and they focus on new people. Those types of orgs are needed and really help the game environment. That being said, orgs are groups of people that are working together towards some sort of common goal or understanding. Just because their goal isn't what you want doesn't mean that they should turn on their heels and go a different direction. AO needs orgs that focus on newbies but it also needs orgs of vets, powerhouse PvM and PvP orgs, small family groups, RP orgs, etc. Not everyone has the patience to sit down and deal with newbies and that's ok. It isn't our job or responsibility to teach other adults how to play a video game. Hats off to those that choose to do so (I quite often do myself) but it certainly isn't a anything that should be a mandate or even goal of every org.

#7 (Stop buying out GMI and re-posting it.): I don't get this one at all. Why would people stop playing the market?

I think your heart might be in the right place with this thread but some things just won't be fixed.. especially if you're relying on the perpetrators to fix their own problem. I mean, I don't go out griefing people, I try to play fair and behave in a sportsmanlike manner. I can't stop the people that don't play the way I do and they sure as heck aren't going to stop themselves. They choose to do what they do in the game. That's why it is the role of the game development company to fix problems.

Case in point, I can start talking about multiboxing in PvM and how, in my opinion, it is just as bad as multiboxing in PvP. How someone can say its bad in one area but not the other is interesting to me.. but people, like you, do. Apparently intentionally pissing people off in PvP is bad but doing the exact same in PvM is just fine. Same behavior, different venue but there is a double standard because people are gaining benefit from it. If your buddy is running you through things and tossing stuff your way you're more likely to turn a blind eye than if not (not referring to you directly.. just people in general). And that's the thing with casting judgement on any behavior in this game and asking people to take a stand. For every person negatively impacted by someone's behavior you'll find a person that gains a benefit.

Personally, I just avoid D-bags as much as possible and I suggest everyone that's bothered by them just do the same. That's meant that I stopped random dyna farming like I used to because I just don't want to be bothered with idiot multiboxers. It means that I raid with my friends and orgmates because every bot system I've used in game has issues (from my perspective). I still team with randoms in inferno from time to time or even in raids/groups where I have team lead. I've found that I've had a fun game experience just leaving the idiots to their own devices. Maybe that's what you're trying to say in your original post.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Oct 20th, 2014 at 18:14:35.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I get it, I really do.

Reality is Funcom does not play this game or do it any justice. They do not understand what the players themselves understand and refuse to see any vision in it.

But I want to keep this on what WE as the community can do about it. Utilize OUR control over the game, which happens to be much more then most.

PS. Lets try to keep this on us, and start another "flame funcom" thread if you wish.

But I do get it, i really do. Why try when they won't?

..... Cause we can.
    I am sorry but you do not get it at all...
    I ll try to explain it using some real life example.

AO is like a country and FC and FC's employees are like: President, Gouverment, Police, Courts, Army, Medical Care, Fire Brigade etc.
    Players are like citizens (some wealthy, some poor, some honest, some criminals).

Long time ago AO was like one of EU countries, now it look like AO is more like one of 3rd world countries with almost non existent police, bad medical care, lot of corruption, high inflation etc.

Comunity alone will not fix it and in AO there is no democracy because unlike citizens (in democratic countries), players can not vote and elect new FC president or employees.

Even in real life (unfortunatelly) a lot of people does not steal or kill because it is bad but because they are afraid of punishment...

As for abusing powers of bot admins I agree with you 100%.
    A certain HC admin (who even wrote some hypocritical posts in this thread) permabanned my orgmate because he asked (politely) about her age... [I saw chat log that he posted]
    A certain multiboxer (by coincidance belonging to the same org as this HC admin) decided to ruin Informant quest for me and my 5 friends because we did not have 1 spot for his character...

Bots are outside "FC jurisdiction" because they are not "owned" by FC however harrasing ppl is against EULA as well as exploiting, credit or/and item duplication etc.
    The problem is FC does not have enough (if not any) resources to "hire and pay salaries to policemen, doctors, firemen etc.)

Multiboxing shoud be bannable offence but FC has no clue how to fight it as well as no resources to do anything at all with this problem.

Everything I wrote here is not FC flaming but facts.
    You seem to be full of dreams and energy (which is good) however what you propose is like an utopia.
    I am glad that you want to change AO and AO comunity and I wish you good luck and all the best.
    However with my real life experience as well as over 11 years of playing AO I seriously doubt that you will manage to change anything...
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

You guys got too much ambition for a game like AO

Down with the system? Yah, the system blows. Its built to harass.
    That's just your personal opinion mixed with feelings. You didn't have a problem with the system until you had a problem with individuals who manage it ergo your complaints are a reflection of your feelings towards those people and not actual criticism of the system in place.

And you keep using "it hurt me, so now I rage" as a cover up to the actual goal. I'm not hurt, i did not get banned unwillingly. I welcomed it, and so did many others.
    I don't know many people who welcomed bans, if any at all to be honest, and for the most part it's just denial in attempt to somehow claim victory in a situation where they didn't exactly come out on top. If anyone really wanted to leave they could have at any moment without any fuss but when someone gets banned, suddenly starts pointing fingers at admins and calling them names it's apparent they're upset because they found themselves in a very undesirable position that they brought upon themselves.

I was getting popcorn but it started to be too much word in post so post scroll word fast and word in eye no let reply bottom.

Holy crap jill, this is a lot :P

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I'm a little unclear regarding the problem(s) you're trying to combat with your suggestions of things we should try so I have some questions and a few comments.

#1 (Battle aggression/trolling): .
    It means exactly what i said. We are not talking about notum wars or PvP. We are talking about peoples attitudes towards each other. I first hand know how tough it is returning to the game and just asking a couple simple questions. Instead of them being answered i got "f***ing noob" or "and you have a master title?... hahahahaha" and so on.

This is what im referring to... Not PvP. If I had a halfway decent mind i should of left before i even started.

#2 (Pull power away from hostile leaders): I think most people understand what I referring to here. .
    Yes, I should of just came out and said it, but i didn't want this post to be trolled there. Hellcom has WAY to much power in this game when it comes to ruining people's day. Thats pretty much point blank.

#3 (Bring sportsmanship back to the game) and #5 (Treat multiboxing with hostility): What happens if someone is behaving in a non-sportsmanlike manner? .
    You discourage it.

What happens if someone is multiboxing? You ban them from a bot they don't need? .
    No one said anything about banning from a bot. PVM MBing causes relatively little stress to others. If MBing on a iraid PvP raid when asked not to? Yes a ban, but a small ban to discourage. I don't believe in perma bans.

Burning someones account for <doing something that is allowed per Funcom>, is not fine, its harassment..
    Preach Girl! Preach!

#6 (Develop and lead orgs to be less aggressive, with core objectives to develop newcomers.): "mandate or even goal of every org.".
    And I never said it should be, when I say aggressive, I mean "aggressive attitude towards other people" as a general consensus.
    So In context, I'm saying "every org should be knowledgeable of how their actions are reflected in the "newcomer" community.

#7 (Stop buying out GMI and re-posting it.): I don't get this one at all. Why would people stop playing the market?.
    I just thought i would put this in there, there is no actual fix. People will capitalize when given the chance. Just once again placing things more out of reach for someone just trying to "get by"

"I think your heart might be in the right place with this thread but some things just won't be fixed.. especially if you're relying on the perpetrators to fix their own problem."......... "role of the game development company to fix problems.".
    I don't expect the perpetrators to fix the problems they started. I'm expecting to community to understand and to set forth action to fix them.
    And yes, we can easily place blame on Funcom for many things, but that's not anything I or anyone else cn fix.

"Case in point, I can start talking about multiboxing in PvM and how, in my opinion, it is just as bad as multiboxing in PvP."......... "Same behavior, different venue but there is a double standard because people are gaining benefit from it."........ "And that's the thing with casting judgement on any behavior in this game and asking people to take a stand.".
    You make a solid point here, without a doubt. I am sided on the issue because I see less "harassment" and more benefit in PVM MBing. The lower prices on the market and free the availability of obtaining items without a "points bot". I do also understand the griefing ability, however I just feel like there is nothing we can do about it for PVM, but in PVP, I see a way.

"Personally, I just avoid D-bags as much as possible and I suggest everyone that's bothered by them just do the same".
    For sure, in essence I do the same thing. I simply want to highlight the fact that we shouldn't be listening to them just because "they troll the best" or because "hes in charged of such and such".

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    You seem to be full of dreams and energy (which is good) however what you propose is like an utopia.
    I hear what your saying. You say I "don't get it", but I understand democracy at its finest and yet can't apply the same comprehension to a video game?

You say no, I say yes. We both see the same things. The majority of the people control the power, its the absence and the lack of funneling that power is a right that almost never gets exercised.

So why should I care? Because I actually care about this game, it really is that simple.
    Last edited by Wisdomman; Oct 21st, 2014 at 18:24:08.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast