Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What could life in AO be like?

What could life in AO be like?

So I'm sure people have been hearing drama about me in the recent news, lets clear some of this up.

I propose that we start switching where this game is heading and start understanding that this "hostile" behavior people are displaying towards other is doing this game no good.

What is this hostile behavior?
    1. PvP Mutliboxing
    2. Griefing towers.
    3. Trolling unknowing people
    4. Hacking/Stealing
    5. Bot Tyranny

Clearly AO lacks the ability to control a lot of this themselves, so what do we do?

AO's population has to decide, we have to realize that our actions trickle down to beginning players and push them away from the game. I've personally have gotten quite a few new people to try to play recently... and the all had the same complaint.....

Why is everything so hostile?

We are directly damaging this game with our behaviors. AO's future will not continue without new blood and a new friendlier environment.

So what can we do?

This is a hard one to answer, cause its really hard to predict the trickle down effects of our behavior. But I think this is what we could try.

1. Battle aggression/trolling with ignorance.
    2. Pull power away from hostile leaders.
    3. Bring "sportsmanship" back to the game.
    4. Help more in development in AO by use of the forums.
    5. Treat PvP Multiboxing with HOSTILITY! Gank regardless of faction.
    6. Develop and lead orgs to be less aggressive, with core objectives to develop newcomers.
    7. Stop buying out GMI and re-posting it.

This is just a small list, but in itself would GREATLY reduce the amount of stress of new players and the current population. Why should a few ruin it for the many? Why does "faction" turn us into A**es? Why kill people without giving them a chance?

There is no reason we cant improve our situation, I imagine a day where "duels" are a respected, whompa wars are alive, tara's are active and Tower fields are not just "griefing" wars.

Ideas? Comments? Upset? Please speak up!

Wisdomman.
    Last edited by Wisdomman; Oct 17th, 2014 at 23:17:38.

Pink hellokitty pet. With insanse castregs: 3k mc or something like that. Usefullness before all ofc
    [Robosapiens - 220eng] [Melchran - 220nt] [Mirkku - 207agent] [Litina -157doc] [Fatina -157fix] [Notatina - 116trader] [Lotina - 110nt] [Notina - 95enf] [Tupu - 95sold] [Hotina 76agent] [Clotclown - 43agent] [Melchram - 30agent] [Jytina 21trader]

Welcome to ANARCHY Online. You mad only 3 people joined your iraid pvp attempts? If you want to hug a tree and sing kumbaya might I suggest Hello kitty Online.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunster View Post
    Welcome to ANARCHY Online. You mad only 3 people joined your iraid pvp attempts? If you want to hug a tree and sing kumbaya might I suggest Hello kitty Online.
    Hellokitty was my idea and arent they making one! I smell microtransactions for kiddies allready: "mommy my kitty needs a new partyhat its only 5€"
    [Robosapiens - 220eng] [Melchran - 220nt] [Mirkku - 207agent] [Litina -157doc] [Fatina -157fix] [Notatina - 116trader] [Lotina - 110nt] [Notina - 95enf] [Tupu - 95sold] [Hotina 76agent] [Clotclown - 43agent] [Melchram - 30agent] [Jytina 21trader]

I thought this thread was going to be about what it would be like to actually live in AO's universe, and specifically actually living on Rubi-Ka.

hmmmm... i dont really like the trolling part... i kind'a pay the game to troll in borealis, not to make levels/grind (i already did that for 10 years)
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Quote Originally Posted by Wisdomman View Post
    5. Treat PvP Multiboxing with HOSTILITY! Gank regardless of faction.
    This deserves it's own thread.

I like to think of AO as a social experiment. A place where you can do anything and there's basically no social rules in place, making Anarchy Online really true to it's name. The only rule is that you cannot play god; in other words you are not allowed to say, not even sarcastically, that you're gonna use your GM powers because that's a ticket to hell aka permaban. Funcom have assumed the role of god in the sense of an invisible, passive observer. They have infinite power over this world but don't do anything to change it. The only major changes come as disasters like earthquakes, volcanic eruptions, and expansion packs. The only way to communicate with them are petitions which are basically prayers and like all known modern gods they're not likely to answer and when you think they did it's just a voice in your head saying "have faith" or "we will investigate the matter". The game world is somewhat reminiscent of the dark ages and the 18.7 patch is the Black Death, you don't know when it's coming but when it does it will kill off most of the human population. Why would you want to change something so beautiful?

Where the f*** did this thread just delve into?

How very odd indeed. Some of you guys have extremely odd views on Anarchy Online. Very odd indeed sometimes.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Some of you guys have extremely odd views on Anarchy Online.
    I view it as a virtual world, 30k years from now, that evolves around the conflict between omni-tek and the clans.

Morals.

We need em, but this is the internet and not everyone uses them.

I myself try to be a moral player, but nobody is perfect.

The real people who could do something about this are GM's.

They should un-equip multi-boxers of their gear, and threaten them with a ban. Simple as that.

Make them suffer for deliberately ruining other players free time.

Just cause I can afford to buy 6 cars, does not mean I should try to drive them all down the road at the same time with some stupid contraption connecting the steering, breaks and acceleration.

Stupid is stupid, if a game company is not willing to call it for what it is, and deal with it. Maybe they should hire me. 8p

EX. I once got into a Kite Hill team. A lowbie stranger showed up and offered to buy my spot for 100m, 200m, 300m. And when I continued to refuse, he offered me a FULL SET of ql 300 Commando. I knew he had either duped the gear, scammed/hacked it, or e-bayed they credits.

So I accepted and petitioned in-case someone had been hacked/stripped.

GM traced the gear and said it was legit and nothing needed to be done... -.-

So I gave a piece away to everyone in my team from that day, the extra's I sold and gave away the creds to org mates. It just felt dirty to me. I ended up keeping about 300m of it.

Closest I ever came to owning a set of CC.

But it also shows how retarded this game has become in that sense.

A few fixes by Funcom with game mechanics...and a few actions taken against bad players would help the game alot.

As said before. Nobody wants to log in, flag up, get insta-killed by 6 agents/nt's. Then run back to get revenge just to see the flag on said agents wear out...while they wait for YOU to flag up again and die for their pleasure. People who enjoy frustrating others are the worst kind of players.

It's all good fun sometimes. But when its a months long plague by just a select few players. Surprise perma-ban is in order.
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Quote Originally Posted by Herkulease View Post
    Morals.

We need em, but this is the internet and not everyone uses them.

I myself try to be a moral player, but nobody is perfect.

The real people who could do something about this are GM's.

They should un-equip multi-boxers of their gear, and threaten them with a ban. Simple as that.

Make them suffer for deliberately ruining other players free time.

Just cause I can afford to buy 6 cars, does not mean I should try to drive them all down the road at the same time with some stupid contraption connecting the steering, breaks and acceleration.

Stupid is stupid, if a game company is not willing to call it for what it is, and deal with it. Maybe they should hire me. 8p

EX. I once got into a Kite Hill team. A lowbie stranger showed up and offered to buy my spot for 100m, 200m, 300m. And when I continued to refuse, he offered me a FULL SET of ql 300 Commando. I knew he had either duped the gear, scammed/hacked it, or e-bayed they credits.

So I accepted and petitioned in-case someone had been hacked/stripped.

GM traced the gear and said it was legit and nothing needed to be done... -.-

So I gave a piece away to everyone in my team from that day, the extra's I sold and gave away the creds to org mates. It just felt dirty to me. I ended up keeping about 300m of it.

Closest I ever came to owning a set of CC.

But it also shows how retarded this game has become in that sense.

A few fixes by Funcom with game mechanics...and a few actions taken against bad players would help the game alot.

As said before. Nobody wants to log in, flag up, get insta-killed by 6 agents/nt's. Then run back to get revenge just to see the flag on said agents wear out...while they wait for YOU to flag up again and die for their pleasure. People who enjoy frustrating others are the worst kind of players.

It's all good fun sometimes. But when its a months long plague by just a select few players. Surprise perma-ban is in order.
    all very true. and the reason i am not playing any more. both the economy issue where people who put zero effort into the game run around with sets of full ai armor and the pvp aspect. however since you're asking the company who sells the cars to not sell 6 of them to individuals i am afraid this is a lost cause. as long as funcom profits of these people it won't change. and they will. always. its simple math. a guy paying for 6 accounts is usually doing a long term commitment, no one pays for 6 accounts and then quits after 2 months. so even if 4 players leave because of one of those, its still a win. not to mention that funcom doesnt really have to fear that more people will leave because of it, the ones that it bothered so much that they quit already quit, and most of the emoragequitters are back in game by now, so everyone can see how serious of a plan that was. personally it never bothered me to an account that wouldve made me quit. there are other issues in the game that ruin it more, like the economy, like the pvp mechanics. and worst of all is that there is only a handful of people left to pvp, and once you know them there is nothing new, except someone rolls a new twink. plus all of these that are left naturally are quite hardcore, so if you're a new part time player i can see how you won't ever enjoy this game because you will get frustrated pretty badly as everyone you meet that will pvp you has years of experience and full end game equip and will beat the @!$#*( out of you - while you struggle to get your equip with the few people left in game and no creds and no knowledge of exploits, ney, even in depth profession tactics.

this will not change, no matter what they do and that is why ao is dead. there will be no revival, no rise in population, no turning back to times where the average ao'er could enjoy the game just as much because they were the majority. the few people that are left hold almost unlimited resources on top of their experience and no one new will ever get to compete unless they dedicate years into this game. if you honestly believe that is a plausible scenario for a significant amount of people, alright. i dont.

imo, handing out xp by the bucket and not preserving a healthy in game economy are irreparable mistakes. i don't know when the economy went the wrong way and why exactly but i do know it was fine at least until the serve merges - i think. is it the china farmers? was it duping exploits? or just the giant amount of people that left and the leftover wealth accumulated with a few? i don't know. but i do know that during the peak of the ao's time, you had to invest time and effort into getting a toon to end equip, hell i never finished one completely during that time. now people run around with literally accounts full of end equipped toons with 0 effort and still have so many billions they have to create froob accounts to hold the money. that can't be right. i know one thing though, it wasn't the multiboxers that ruined it. soju and friends are a consequence of this. he will tell you quite frankly that he makes a fortune with mb pvming, and the money to pay farmers like him, i don't know where its coming from, but it wouldnt be viable if there were not so many people with such an infinite amount of money that pay all these mbers. i spent hours with friends farming instances and so on. because buying was only an option sometimes or for very few people that inherited wealth. now there is hardly anyone left that needs to farm. almost everyone just buys. yes, i do know there are some farm teams left, but it is nothing like the old days where you didn't need to call up 5 irl friends to help you out, you could team up with strangers and go.
    Last edited by Xootch; Oct 18th, 2014 at 21:25:00.

Xootch, Herk, I understand completely.

It just makes me wonder, if there are so many of us that feel the same, and so few of "them" that ruin it, then why don't we do something about it?

I think the "threat" of leadership in this game is very real, they gain power, and use it to troll people, even of their own faction.

This all needs to stop. We need to show as a community that its not ok, and it not helping this game at ALL. It just allows them to perpetuate their own tyranny.

However, I don't think PVM MBing is all that bad, it does cycle the currency in diff hands. Easy come, easy go.

These are one of the reasons we are trying to form Iraid into what its becoming. Its time to even out the play field.

yeah, iraid is not bad. been a few years since i raided with them. but you got me wrong, i even agree with you about the money part, that is what most of my rant is about. and therefore i blame no 'them', i blame funcom. there was a glitch in the economy and they missed it - as did i btw, but now the economy is broken and there is no fixing it. because if they did, most of the remaining playerbase would quit because it would mean they would have to play the game again to get phatz.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    but now the economy is broken and there is no fixing it. because if they did, most of the remaining playerbase would quit because it would mean they would have to play the game again to get phatz.
    Always said it; put levels and axp in veteranshop, and a key to a shop with nanos (not questnanos or rares), voila'

5. Bot Tyranny
    I know where this is coming from and I have lay out some facts for you: you were a hellcom raidleader for quite some time and the only reason you remained one for so long was because you were very active and pvm leaders aren't easy to find. I have been recieving complaints regarding your childish, emotionally bursty behavior for months on an almost daily basis, as have other admins. Even had a pretty long conversation with you ingame regarding those complaints which obviously didn't have any effect, instead of listening to reason you chose the route of just another anti-hellcom rebel without a cause. What exactly have you accomplished other than moving from one raidbot to another with the only difference being the amount of negative feelings involved? Absolutely nothing, just like every other "I got banned for no reason by hc tyrants gonna start a rebellion" before you. If any person of power on hellcom could have been described as a tyrant most would agree that it was in fact none other than yourself and considering how long we tolerated your behavior against our will for what we thought was the greater good of the raiding community nobody in their right mind would call us oppressive. Except maybe those who thought we're supportive of your methods when they repeatedly sent me complaints asking "why is wisdomman still a raidleader?" while I was covering for you out of nothing but good will trying to help everyone involved without anyone having to suffer. Thanks for letting me know all my efforts were in vain, hopefully other people will read this before they make the wrong decision and trying to help you.

Nice to see a foob pet chime in! And fully armed and aggressive as expected.

I'm not going write a book here, cause I talk to a large amount of the community and understand that most people have a solid comprehension of the "bot" situation and how it makes them feel.

1. This wasn't about hellcom or me, it is about the people of AO. But good job trolling it there.
    2. I left HC way before I was kicked/baned
    3. I was yelled at on HC by foob for ... and I quote... "Running to many raids"
    4. This has nothing to do with my personal experience in HC, it has everything to do with enriching the game.
    5. If you honestly expect me to believe that "most" of the bot wasn't a fan of my raids... Then you live in more of a fantasy world then i expected.

I do appreciate your two cents though, cause to you, this is what you see. As much it troubles me to know "how out of touch" HC admins really are... its the reality that is perpetuating the game into griefing state.

Rumors, Bad mouthing, lies, have all been spread by HC for no reason at all. One of the many is of course that im a "omni ganker" (which is funny considering i haven't ganked a omni in years) when all I had decided to do was use a different bot.

I'm not trying to take down HC, I think HC has its place in this game. I just trying to free some of the members of the drama/clan alt/ego Admins Bulls***

If you have a issue with that, then just say that. Don't bash me a spread more drama/rumors about "who I am" or my "credibility". You changed this all on me, and it has nothing to do with me.

Wake up people! This is the crap we have to ignore and run away from, it makes no one happy. Except the people doing it ofc.

Nice to see a foob pet chime in! And fully armed and aggressive as expected.

I'm not going write a book here, cause I talk to a large amount of the community and understand that most people have a solid comprehension of the "bot" situation and how it makes them feel.

1. This wasn't about hellcom or me, it is about the people of AO. But good job trolling it there.
    2. I left HC way before I was kicked/baned
    3. I was yelled at on HC by foob for ... and I quote... "Running to many raids"
    4. This has nothing to do with my personal experience in HC, it has everything to do with enriching the game.
    5. If you honestly expect me to believe that "most" of the bot wasn't a fan of my raids... Then you live in more of a fantasy world then i expected.

I do appreciate your two cents though, cause to you, this is what you see. As much it troubles me to know "how out of touch" HC admins really are... its the reality that is perpetuating the game into griefing state.

Rumors, Bad mouthing, lies, have all been spread by HC for no reason at all. One of the many is of course that im a "omni ganker" (which is funny considering i haven't ganked a omni in years) when all I had decided to do was use a different bot.

I'm not trying to take down HC, I think HC has its place in this game. I just trying to free some of the members of the drama/clan alt/ego Admins Bulls***

If you have a issue with that, then just say that. Don't bash me a spread more drama/rumors about "who I am" or my "credibility". You changed this all on me, and it has nothing to do with me.

Wake up people! This is the crap we have to ignore and run away from, it makes no one happy. Except the people doing it ofc.
    Thanks for confirming everything I wrote on such short notice.

With no rules, people would just invent some.
    Then live by them or break them when it suited them.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Caloss2 View Post
    With no rules, people would just invent some.
    Then live by them or break them when it suited them.
    Its true, there is no utopia concept that exists. But we sure can reduce it.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast