Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: sec10 setup

sec10 setup

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=191465

This is what I currently run with atm and apart from a RBP and the Penumbra Xan Quest nano, I don't think there is more room for improvement, but any advice is more then welcome!
    The purpose of the setup is to dish out as much DPM as possible for relay farming, aswell as having enough HP and defense to efficiently tank the generals, so this is why I went with CM, instead of CC.

I've looked at the Fists of the Winter Flame nano and after having done the Penumbra Xan Quest like 5 times, I don't know if it's worth doing it again for a 113 dmg increase for 12 seconds, every 2 minutes. It has it's uses in PvP, no doubt about it, but for PvM I think it's too much hassle.

This setup does A LOT of damage compared to a regular fist MA or one wielding just a type 48 nunchucko, as I've tested them myself, but it's preety useless for PvP for various reasons. Highest critical hit possible done on a sector10 alien was 5.3k, with my weapons critting for 3k-ish. And it hits really FAST! It also gives me Fast Attack wich isn't just a special attack, it also triggers procs, increasing my damage output even further(by having them up 95% of the time).

Now, I'd like your help! Apart from those obvious lacks of the setup, that I've mentioned about, what else can I improve?
    Thank you in advance as I'm sure some of you damage junkies will aid me

PS: I'm also planning on getting a Sinew of Tarasque on. Thought I'd mention it
    Last edited by Contra; Aug 13th, 2013 at 13:50:05.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Thats really nice and how is your dd output from dmg parser?
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

Fists of the Winter Flame stack with your normal short-duration damage buffs. Not sure if it's still worth the hassle to do the quest for it, tho.

If you really want to push the damage, you could implant MA for other spots too, but I can't say if it drops your nanoskills (rhand) or evades (feet) too much to keep the toon otherwise functional.
    Battle "Kitesfear" Hymns Field Marshall
    Arzamas "Reken" Sixteen Supreme Creator
    Bunch of alts

7.62 - One size fits all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Thats really nice and how is your dd output from dmg parser?
    I've only just finished it last night. Didn't have time to config the parser for my MA, but I'll post it tonight when I get home.
    First impression, aliens die much much faster then when I was only wielding a ql260 Type-48 Nunchako.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitesfear View Post
    Fists of the Winter Flame stack with your normal short-duration damage buffs. Not sure if it's still worth the hassle to do the quest for it, tho.

If you really want to push the damage, you could implant MA for other spots too, but I can't say if it drops your nanoskills (rhand) or evades (feet) too much to keep the toon otherwise functional.
    Wow, if it stacks that's WONDERFUL! I got 12 seconds of pure ownage every 2 minutes. I figured it overwrites my Petals on Water short-term DD buff.
    With 2 weapons equipped, at 1/1 I'll be doing 8 hits in those 12 seconds, along with 2 specials.
    I can't really lower my nanoskills anymore, as I've made a little sacrifice for fast attack, 1hb and multi melee, but I will consider using a ql240ish foot implant as it gives me like 30 more MA.
    For solo farming I'm always full agg, even when going kamikazee in the middle of 12 aliens, only nukers pose a problem but generally they drop very fast and my evades and healing are more then enough to tank the other aliens.

Gonna start my penumbra quest tonight!
    Other then that, any other tips?
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post
    I can't really lower my nanoskills anymore, as I've made a little sacrifice for fast attack, 1hb and multi melee, but I will consider using a ql240ish foot implant as it gives me like 30 more MA.
    For solo farming I'm always full agg, even when going kamikazee in the middle of 12 aliens, only nukers pose a problem but generally they drop very fast and my evades and healing are more then enough to tank the other aliens.
    What about a MA/TS/1HB r.hand? Might be worth considering.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Hey! This setup looks pretty sweet and interesting Do you have any suggestions on how do make a similar setup "on the cheap"? I'm making a 150 atrox MA to run around S10 and punch stuff in the mouth.

Also, would you mind sharing your perk setup?

Thanks in advance

You can make a really really viable setup with a lower tier symb set(they cost around 30% of the cost of my set), full goddess set(fill in with predator where you can't afford it), borrow strenght+motr shoulders and ql225 ofab pants. You can use DMG NCUs from sector7 instead of XAN NCUs and the pink MA suit instead of AM or RBP or Notucom(in fact, notucom isn't even needed) and, since you won't be wearing AI armor, you can just use a high ql Type 48 nunchucko(I got one for sale but I'll remove it from GMI and pass it on if you need it, it's ql239 or something).

When I started playing this MA again, right when FC brought back life again into sector10, I used very gimp symbs, full predator set and no weapons. You still do alot of damage...

Perk setup is preety much standard.
    Acrobat 4, Disharmony 3, spiritual master 5, kung fu master 3, xuyun 6, CoLI 8, CoNC 6.
    Last edited by Contra; Aug 14th, 2013 at 12:47:17.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Thanks alot for the feedback. I've gotten a dchest already so that will come in handy. I'll just mess around with him a bit and see how it goes.

Really appreciate the help!

For low-budget MA, I used something like this when s10 had just came out. The couple of rarer items the setup has I had sitting in my bank, but any of those isn't a must-have.
    Battle "Kitesfear" Hymns Field Marshall
    Arzamas "Reken" Sixteen Supreme Creator
    Bunch of alts

7.62 - One size fits all.

Have you considered using two Arctic maces instead of one? Since the AC's of the aliens in there is so low the crits from the Arctic should be a lot higher than the crits from the Torturing Tool. Not to mention the increased damage on non-crits
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

He would lose his third attack, since the arctic maces dont allow MA combined?
    Its funny how traditional biologists seek mechanisms avidly, but still assert that biology cannot be treated like a machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Duc-Esteban View Post
    He would lose his third attack, since the arctic maces dont allow MA combined?
    they do but its unlikely a 150 ma can self 1499 MA without moonmist.

He could use a QL 170 and reach it though. Would still do more damage than the Torturing Tool. With the AC's of the aliens inside S10 he should still hit for about the same (if not higher) crits, but gain a lot more on normal hits. Unless there's something I have missed ^^
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

With the crit proc and iGoCs, I rarely see any regulars. Maybe on those higher level aliens but I kill one of those once in a blue moon(I hate farming aliens at Mid).

PS: Also love the looks of this weapon combo. I've seen only 1 other MA wielding a Torturing Tool.....too bad
    Last edited by Contra; Aug 23rd, 2013 at 14:39:03.
    Contra
    Urynt
    Malraux
    Fontane
    Critbull
    Cleanex
    Fontane2

Quote Originally Posted by Contra View Post

I've seen only 1 other MA wielding a Torturing Tool.....too bad
    Roll a shade so i wont be the only 1
    Shade lover (trox all the way :P)

WTB West Wind Katana.
    I'm Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Manaas View Post
    they do but its unlikely a 150 ma can self 1499 MA without moonmist.
    I thought the combined MA was activated when the highest requirement was met?
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Quote Originally Posted by Notcrattey View Post
    I thought the combined MA was activated when the highest requirement was met?
    i thought the premise was using 2x ql 200 arctic maces

Quote Originally Posted by Tsuniko View Post
    i thought the premise was using 2x ql 200 arctic maces
    Yes but the current setup listed has 1 ql 200 arctic mace with 1 torture tool. I didn't know if combined MA took the lowest value or highest.

Curious because I've honestly never been sure.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

I used Torturing tool on my MA, just for the looks for a while

Rock on!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast