Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Professional Revotes - Part I: Current Professionals

Professional Revotes - Part I: Current Professionals

We are starting Professional revotes, which will happen in two parts.

In this part, we will have your current professionals given a vote of confidence/no confidence. If you want your professional to continue in this role, vote yes, if you wish them to be up for reelection, vote no.

All empty and open positions will attempt to be filled in the second part of the revotes.

Martial Artists have no current professionals, and we will attempt to fill these positions during the second part of revotes.
    Last edited by Anarrina; Sep 30th, 2014 at 17:30:13.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

what are the requirements to be one ?
    Herooo0 220/30/70 MA
    Darux 220/30/70 Engi
    Spartax 220/30/70 Enf
    X771 220/30/70 Fix
    Exavii 214/30/70 Shade
    Devix 164 trader
    Herooo00 150 MA

You need to have a character, of the profession you're applying for, to be level 150+, and to be in good standing with the community.
    With regards to the last part, that essentially boils down to "don't be a dick". You're fine on that point.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    You need to have a character, of the profession you're applying for, to be level 150+, and to be in good standing with the community.
    With regards to the last part, that essentially boils down to "don't be a dick". You're fine on that point.
    im all good with all of what u mentioned
    Herooo0 220/30/70 MA
    Darux 220/30/70 Engi
    Spartax 220/30/70 Enf
    X771 220/30/70 Fix
    Exavii 214/30/70 Shade
    Devix 164 trader
    Herooo00 150 MA

Even not being a dick is optional really

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    That is even great i was quiet worried
    Herooo0 220/30/70 MA
    Darux 220/30/70 Engi
    Spartax 220/30/70 Enf
    X771 220/30/70 Fix
    Exavii 214/30/70 Shade
    Devix 164 trader
    Herooo00 150 MA

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    Just look at Lazy, Raggy, and Dys!

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Just look at Lazy, Raggy, and Dys!
    You wound me, sir.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

I think it changed a bit last year but it's more or less the same thing:

To be nominated for the Professionals position, a player must meet the following requirements: You must be a paying member of Anarchy Online with at least SIX months subscribed, have one character above level 175, and you must have an active presence on the Anarchy Online forums. YOU MAY NOT NOMINATE YOURSELF, SOMEONE ELSE MUST NOMINATE YOU.
    Last edited by Soliartist; May 23rd, 2015 at 17:25:28.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Okay so who is willing to do this s.h.i.t.t.y Job ?
    I would support everyone who cares for MA besides Mcknuckle ( too much PvP-Focus , little to no Regard to PvM) , Rockleee ( Dude i like you as a fellow German Player but your English is too bad to do this Job ).
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Although I am not active in responding on the forums, I am a very active reader. My mains are Towaz and Hecticz, 220 Enfo and Sol respectively. I have talked to Herooo0 quite a bit in game about MA because I am currently leveling one. He has been tremendously helpful and knowledgeable, I would like to nominate him as the MA professional.

dont take heroo0 as your source....

You should never attempt to denigrate anybody like that, even less publicly!

All of us is still learning how to play MA. I took time to share my knowledge with the person you're insulting, Rock.

It just takes time, for it is a never-ending process. There is always room for change when you consider mastering either a PvM or a PvP MA, eventually both.
    We all took from somebody's MA experience and knowledge, sometimes from several persons.

So my advice would be to consult not only one but multiple MAs, if possible.
    Now is not the time to judge and descriminate. We all have our bit of experience to share. It's just up to you to take good notes and play it your own way, by creating a mix of what you've been told and taught about.

You will NOT be efficient if you naively adopt someone else's setup, thinking AUNO knows better.
    You will want to acquire your fellow MAs' experience and ideas, not randomly copy-cat their setup.
    By no means can you copy-cat somebody else's gameplay, forget about it.

It will take a lot of dialogue, if we hope to be able to breed ever so skilled MA players. As well as a lot of time observing duels and asking people if they seem to be willing to chat.

To me, MA is one of the rare Professions that gave birth to original and fully (read over) dedicated players to their characters.
    And it's also one of the rare that counted players who would destroy any and all people, from any Profession, PvP and PvM wise.

I can think of so many names if you ask me about the (great) people I heard about and been told about, observed, spent time chatting with and learnt things from.
    I always acted the way I am in-game, I would be angry at myself when I lost, but always tried to keep cool, at least as often as possible.
    Always act fair, for there is no winning in playing tricks.

You need to acknowledge that you're part of a community (AO players) and even more of a sub-community (that be the MA one).
    Of course you will want to get better and fail, but each try is a chance to learn from your mistakes and get better next time.

Learn from each other and step your frigging game up. We need a Professional, we need dedication and we need our active players to act reliably for their cause.
    Last edited by Soliartist; May 31st, 2015 at 20:55:42.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

Take a look at our Guide rooted Thread in the Dojo, entitled "Engelens MA Guide".
    Almost 500K views.

Advs' 120K
    Agents' 70K
    Crats' 60K
    Docs' 160K
    Enfs' 80K
    Engs' 140K
    Fixs' 250K total
    Keeps' 85K
    MPs' 100K total
    NTs' 50K
    Shades' 200K
    Solds' 80K
    Trads' 50K

Auno points out that 50K MAs are registered, out of 520K registrations. We're the second Profession with the most players registered there, if that means anything.

Point is, our Guide Thread, which is admittedly quite good in comparison to some others, is by (very very) far the most consulted out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dollcet View Post
    Okay so who is willing to do this s.h.i.t.t.y Job ?
    I would support everyone who cares for MA besides Mcknuckle ( too much PvP-Focus , little to no Regard to PvM) , Rockleee ( Dude i like you as a fellow German Player but your English is too bad to do this Job ).
    I'm not sure why you think that.

I was criticized in game because my MA was in all PVM gear and (at the time, for a while) people thought I should be more PVP focussed as the previous MA professional. My main was in PVM gear for the last 2.5/3 years. I had duel tonfas, mostly CM/ crit gear and I used him exclusively for PVM - DPS and tanking. Now that I've swapped gear to ranged setup (second time in about 8 years), yes, this toon is more "PVP" than "PVM" but that's not a gear constraint, that's a TL constraint... All my TL7's with exception of my enf and doc are PVP oriented and that's a conscious decision based on team construct and synergy.

My 150 MA is exclusively PVM setup, whom I used exclusively to test the waters in Atlantean for a couple years before the merge, and he was strictly a test toon I built for PVM purposes and just levelling to see how it actually was to build a toon from zero, with no help, no alts, no bank. Now that the servers are merged, I still use him generally for support in PVM and to help DD in S10 or as a healer (holy cow, I love zazen at 150 - incredible, btw)

My 90 MA is I admit solely for PVP.

I rolled a MA in beta and took him to level 150 which was fully PVM as well to help test/assess and provide feedback on all of the stuff prior to the 18.0's patches on testlive.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockleee View Post
    dont take heroo0 as your source....
    do u have a problem ?
    Herooo0 220/30/70 MA
    Darux 220/30/70 Engi
    Spartax 220/30/70 Enf
    X771 220/30/70 Fix
    Exavii 214/30/70 Shade
    Devix 164 trader
    Herooo00 150 MA

I told you guys to keep any flaming/trolling home, or in-game, private messages at worst but I doubt we can communicate efficiently that way.
    Especially on a "Professional Revote" Thread.

Can't blame you for wanting to answer that Hero, but this is not the best way to solve the matter.
    You guys either chat in-game or just ignore each other if you think there is no way to settle the issue.

Rockleee started it and didn't have to.
    If you wish to vouch for or against somebody's MA Professional worthiness publicly, do it like you'd do it if you were to express yourself about Zazen, for instance.
    By handling arguments, demonstrations, feelings, whatever your style fits - just not badmouthing out of blue, c'mon.

I would take Soliartist's advise seriously there.

Folks, remember that professionals to need to be nominated by someone not themselves (and we do check for sock-puppet nominations) or be invited by FC staff. We do a background check first also.

Just now, if you have someone to nominate, I need you to send a PM to me, sezmra, and Bekrowe. Send it to all three of us, as I am going on vacation and will be gone for two weeks with no internet access. Bekrowe and sezmra can handle the process while I am gone.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

MKS all the way. Brain's choice, not heart's, as we need a solid guy and MA is far more complex than first sight.

I'd say Dollcet to defend a more "classic" way, but he obviously (and wisely) won't compete.
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

Thx for the Flowers but no Way in Hell ill pass the background Check , im pretty sure im still highlighted for pissing off Means and i had Infractions for talking about a Gamemechanik which i considered to be in the Catergory " Know thy Enemy " but the Staff considered it " talking about a Exploit " and later more Infractions for Questioning Moderation ...

Besides that im affraid i dont have ultimate Solutions that would function without nerfing other Prof´s , as i see it we who play MA are stuborn ancient Fossils we can only fight to keep what we allready have , not much we could ask for that wouldnt break either PvP or PvM .
    Besides that the MA-Community isnt very Vocal , most Vets gave up and rolled Shade/Crat/Trox-Fix when those were FotM or completly quit the Game.
    We may look like many People with all those Clicks and Toons listed on Auno but Face it , most never made it beyond TL5 .
    Last edited by Dollcet; Jun 6th, 2015 at 17:12:44.
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast