All of the weird looking nano programs now have a shadowlands expansion requirement to use on test. The nano programs have been froob friendly since the inception of the froob program ten or so years ago. I have the majority of the improved nano programs uploaded on froob toons including all the doc and crat ones, and I know of quite a few other players who have various ones uploaded on their froobs too.

These nano programs are not cheap or easy to obtain, and if you have them uploaded you can't reclaim the nano crystal, so they'll be stuck on froob toons, but unusable. Now obviously I'm biased because I stand to lose about 2.5 billion credits worth of items if this hits live in its current state, but I'm not the only one who will lose out because of this.

Making a change like this would serve to alienate froobs. And while it seems that our late GM had it in for froobs (and neutrals), maybe stripping content off your only potential future paying customers isn't the wisest choice? It seems unlikely that a game that looks as graphically dated as AO would gain any new paying customers except through the free to play model, especially given the high subscription price relative to other subscription based games.