Thread: FJRK Freelance: Robot army to combat newest threat

FJRK Freelance: Robot army to combat newest threat

FJRK Freelance: Robot army to combat newest threat
    September 24th, 29488 - Maya Saristivatra

Breaking news come to us today, in the form of another kidnapping, this time within Tir city. Assembly Security Chief, Fya "Hilfy" Hill was taken and spirited away to a location that as of yet, remains unknown, authorities said. In response to the kidnapping, several clan members banded together to make an even bolder attempt at a rescue, resulting in one reclaim and several injuries. This is the second report of successful live human capture from the cyborg prototypes. The first came from Newland City earlier this week when Katelin "Falikos" Phare was taken. Several other attempts were made, but were thwarted by local forces.

What is known is that within the first few moments, the president of Clan Steadfast, Dr. Towerblock was able to procure security clearance and control of the Newland Satellite Dish array, and allegedly went on to scan most of the northern hemisphere in search of their comrades.

Eyewitnesses to the fact have been contacted, but so far there has been only been a moderate response. Dr. Towerblock contacted us from a medical unit within Newland and made the following statement:

"This situation has gotten ridiculously out of hand. We know what we are up against, but not where. We have some tools at our disposal, but lack a first response. The Prototype Cyborgs seem to be able to bypass entire security grids via notum tunnels that completely circumvent the current modern transportation systems. We can't afford to completely rely upon defense. So, were taking the fight to them, without the Council of Truth's support, if need be."

Dr. Towerblock then showed us a project that he had been working on without sleep for the past several days. Unbeknownst to FJRK and most of clan society, Dr. Towerblock has been working on a project involving emergent advanced artificial technology since the strange disappearance of an Omni-pol Juggernaut known as MICEE5. According to his computer screen, we were watching an autofactory of drones being built by other robots, all located around the edges of a scrapyard who's location remains unknown. We witnessed most of the project via surveillance, but we were notified that the bulk of it is housed in an underground facility.

According to Dr. Towerblock, the drones are being fabricated and/or refurbished at an average rate of 6 to 7 drones per hour. The list includes Scooplets, Warmachines, Bucketheads, and more than a dozen Slayerdroid Marauders which were in various states of maintenance and repair. The number of which is rising steadily, due to overall growth rate of the project itself. The Autofactory works around the clock. It is expected that before the weekend, the autofactory will have grown in such size to put out as many as 20 drones per hour. The purpose of which is to create a territory-wide dragnet of scouts and seige units. A small percentage of the scooplets are even armed with notum pulse charges meant to disable the cyborgs should they be commanded to engage.

But, why such extreme measures? Clan Steadfast reported that the newest threat of Cyborg infiltration also grows steadily by day. They are learning our ways and technologies, adapting them to their need. It is that rise of escalation that unless we can intervene, will only gain in strength.

From the medical unit, Dr. Towerblock said this in closing:

"We need to do something, or we all pay the price. They have taken our friends, loved ones, and family members. This not only needs a rebuttal, but one of such intensity that no one will dare to lay their hands on us in this way, ever again. Ever."

FJRK contacted Newland City Mayor Toog and Newland's Militia Leader General Hekkat and asked for comments.

"While I do support our citizens in their right to defend themselves, my fear is that this 'army' may come with as many complications as they do solutions. My hope, however, lies within our ability to control that.", said General Hekkat in his statement.

Mayor Zephrem Toog also commented: "I've known Towerblock for years. I admire his tenacity and loyalty to his friends. I truly hope we can come to a fruitful conclusion. Katelin Phare is also one of Newland's finest. I suspect that wherever she is, she may be giving them the hell they deserve."

I wholeheartedly agree with Mayor Toog. Dr. Towerblock and Clan Steadfast are setting an example of cross-faction unity that we could all pay heed to in these trying times. I look forward to working with them, and all others, in the defense of Newland.