Thread: Quartet looking for Org

Thumbs up Quartet looking for Org

Hi! So there's four of us! Each with slighly different playstyles. I have a bad feeling that this is going to be a long post... Figured I'd do this FAQ Style :P

Who we are:
    We're Clanners. We're four friends. From my point of view, it's Me, my wife, and 2 buddies. MA, Doc, Crat and Fixer... in that order. All around 165-175 right now. We've all played on and off since launch and we're finally settling in enough to look for an org.

Would you know us?:
    Probably not. I ran an org on Ruken at the game's launch called "Pandoras Wrath" on RK2, but I don't expect anyone to remember me.

What we need:
    We really need an org that can help us get to 220. By that, I don't mean OSTs, kiters and slave labor, but people to team with along the way. People to help us get to the "next place". Knowledge is a hot commodity. We need an Org that is mature but not super-serious.. "Occasionally silly" would be a great description. An org that understands we all have day jobs. Eventually, some of us want exposure to raid content and of course, the loot that comes with it.

What we can offer:
    We're general "good people". We don't take without returning favors. We don't ask for credits (and probably wouldn't accept them even if offered). We generally like helping others progress. (like... running someone through something isn't out of the question). We're also friendly and somewhat chatty.

When we play:
    Generally US Evenings. The weekends are a crap shoot but we float around.

Anywho, we realize it's unlikely that we'll find an org that can fit us to a tee, but it's our post. We can try! if anyone could point us in the right direction it would be appreciated. Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by -Ruken-; Sep 23rd, 2014 at 20:13:56. Reason: added that we're all clan... doh!
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

I remember you. You contacted me a loooong time ago when Bubbacrush was my main. However, my current org Steadfast is pretty broken. It's just me currently, so it wouldn't offer you guys much at all other than a chatbot. If I could make a suggestion however, I know that Athens Paladins are a solid and active org, and are good on picking up new folks.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Just casually came across ur request here, from your discription I do think ud fit in with us pretty well, theres ofcourse more orgs out there that dont differ that much from one another. Maybe send me a tell in game once u see me and we could try and figure out if you guys really do fit to us. If u dont see me you can Always walk to our meeting spot at Old Athen Basic shop on the West side of Old Athen, there outside on the grass theres almost Always members standing whom u can ask to refer to a leader from org.If you look for something else I wish you goodluck, things in this game really do get easier in an org I think.

Metafly7
    Org: SPIRIT

PS: Can also contact Timifox/Tomifix or Parisss
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Proud member of ~Spirit~ Rubi-Ka Atlantean

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

Howdy Ruken

you could look into Athen Paladins as well:

http://www.athenpaladins.org

See what you think.

AP is in an alliance with spirit ^^ as well.

Heya Ruken I've already spoken to you about Spartans (kinda when you first came back), but figured I'd mention it again now that you're actually in the market for an org.

Spartans is an endgame org but we do have a linked org, Persianz, for 150+ characters. I've been in a ridiculously large number of orgs in the 10 years or so I've played and I can say that Spartans is like no other. We have a lot of very experienced and talented players but somehow it isn't an e-peen contest in org chat. Spartans has the talent and resources of what you might consider a hardcore org with the feel of a casual family organization.

Kinda fishing around myself when I returned to game some months ago and found a lot of orgs quite dead in usa evening hours though quite active during euro primetime. (This even was the case with Spartans). Spartans has been working to beef up our USA evening group and now its nice to say that we have enough to pull off raids, regular leveling teams and have really established a fun-friendly group that also typically hangs out on teamspeak when playing.

I think you might be a good fit. If you want more info feel free to reach out to me in-game or via PM here on the forums. Persianz does require registration to the forums and a simple application post.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Man, I must be hitting the wrong people or something. Ok so here's my update:

Jill - I can't put my finger on it, but I have this feeling that the Spartans / Persians are a bit too hard core for some of my people. Possibly even me (I consider myself the most hard-core of us).

McKnuckle - I had given it serious thought to join the Paladins. My recruiter (not naming people) was pretty quick with me. Just told me "Go fill out an app". Got a bad feeling of "maybe the management is not like the rest of them". To me, it's about the member, not the app they gave. I'm not writing anyone off here, for all I know the guy's dog just died.

Metafly7 - I found about 15 of your people hanging out by 1st OA Basic, not one of them responded to me. Same with the Paladins, suppose I'm not getting good luck here, catching people at the wrong time, and again, maybe everyone in Spirit's dog just died.

Towerblock - HEYA BUBBA!

All in all, we're just looking for an org where we can hang out, shoot the poo, get some teams, and do stuff. Not particularly looking for a lot of red tape. Just some good people looking for other good people. We got an invite to go Omni, my inner-rper is screaming about it but... ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by -Ruken- View Post
    Jill - I can't put my finger on it, but I have this feeling that the Spartans / Persians are a bit too hard core for some of my people. Possibly even me (I consider myself the most hard-core of us).
    My personal experience is that there aren't any hardcore orgs left in Anarchy Online. Spartans is a good org with quite a few veteran players. Most have families (wife, kids, etc) and have a very healthy perspective on the game. I can be pretty high strung and I'm extremely happy in the org. The mentality that tends to come with 'hardcore guilds' is something I've always found frustrating. I find no such thing in Spartans.

That being said, not every org is for every person. So.. while I see the potential (based on your posts and our conversations) in you fitting right in, if you don't see that as well then it would be bound to not work.

I wish you the best in your org search Regardless of what you choose, a bunch of us (some Spartans and some other friends) tend to hang out in the Spartans channel on AOSpeak (Find info on how to join here). If you and your crew ever want to stop by we'd be more than happy to have you. If I'm playing in the evening I'm going to be on TS, so just poke me for the password. If you have questions and such or need help it is usually a lot easier that way.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Sep 29th, 2014 at 18:29:33.
    You can find me at:

Man, I must be hitting the wrong people or something. Ok so here's my update:Metafly7 - I found about 15 of your people hanging out by 1st OA Basic, not one of them responded to me. Same with the Paladins, suppose I'm not getting good luck here, catching people at the wrong time, and again, maybe everyone in Spirit's dog just died.
    Ah hey man,Yeh alot of our org go to that spot to afk, its better to try and hit up the names i mentioned. Otherwise name a time where ud be online next weekend (I gathered ur on in weekends) and we could have a talk at designated time. Last weekend was a filled one for myself so i wasnt online at all. If in the mean time uve found another org fit to ur liking I wish u goodluck there
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"

Anarchy proves this quote wrong: "War would end if the dead could return." ~ Stanley Baldwin

I'm very sorry that you didn't get a more detailed reply when you contacted an AP. That is NOT the appropriate protocol provided to you for those who wish to join.

That said, the best way to get introduced to the system is by filling out an app online. As soon as an application - or even just an expression of interest is made, then we can start the process. Usually that means:

* a greeter replies quickly to your thread, indicates the road map for the recruitment/application process
    * you learn the commands to join the chatbot (if you are out of game), or get a invite if you are in game
    * your name(s) go to the top of the list for people to check if they are online
    * you get auto notification by the chatbot
    * you are asked to join teaming opportunities to help get you integrated into the org (if desired)
    * you are encouraged to join discussion and ask questions
    * you are encouraged to look online !online for administrators who will provide you with a 1 on 1 interview to check the progress of the process, check off several things like whether you'd had time to read the code of conduct etc. and assess whether you would make a good fit for the org (and the org would be a good fit for you)
    * further to the interview an introduction with the org pres is made, who will provide you with more information such as how to get involved in scheduled raids, alliance raids, inf key raids, DB quest's; upgrade your forum account so you can view all the info/discussions on the AP website, and provide you with a few in game commands to help you keep up to date on the weekly plans, planned raids etc.
    * invite to org after meeting with pres.

So we have a fairly involved process. Normally any member who receives an applicants interest should do these things: 1. contact an officer immediately, 2. direct the person to the forums index (http://www.athenpaladins.org/forums) and 3. invite them to the chat channel immediately so they can receive help in game, or just join in chat while they are engaged in the application procedure.

I apologize on behalf of AP for the poor reception.

If you choose to express interest in AP I'll personally fast track it and ensure there are no hiccups in the recruitment procedure.

Best of luck finding an org that suits your needs,

MKS
    (If you would prefer to contact me in game, I'm usually on noobasdoc or tankngank lately, but I'm afraid I'm in a timezone that will be difficult to find overlap with. Alternately you could contact our org president directly, (Chrisax), or another officer (reapermann).

Despite me being back in The Cult again since we're all back in the game, I have to recommend you taking another look at Athens Paladins, they really are a patient and helpful bunch. During my time with them there was always people online who were willing to impart knowledge and give help where needed. Great org.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Hey,

You could also take a look at The Red Brotherhood. While we're a small org, we have a bunch of fun and knowledgable players, and most of our playerbase is US at the moment. And ofcourse we have Strombanni.. and muffins!
    Lucy Youny Blackwolf,
    The Red Brotherhood

~The Pink Fluffy Younycorn~

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    Persianz
    Gross. They know it's not 2006 anymore, right? It's never been cool, but it's no longer socially acceptable to spell things with a Z instead of an S.

Found an org. The Persianz/Spartans ended up being the answer. These guys were GREAT. Knowing that I was just trying them out and could leave at any minute, they helped us with so much. I'm pretty proud right now to be a member. What's more, Traderjill, the one who I've been talking to wasn't present. These particular members didn't know me from anyone. Kudos to these guys, serious kudos.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Gross. They know it's not 2006 anymore, right? It's never been cool, but it's no longer socially acceptable to spell things with a Z instead of an S.
    Hi buddy! If you ever get hungry, I get discounts on troll food. Just let me know and I'll hook you up with a coupon.

Hi buddy! If you ever get hungry, I get discounts on troll food. Just let me know and I'll hook you up with a coupon.
    You're adorable.

Found an org. The Persianz/Spartans ended up being the answer. These guys were GREAT. Knowing that I was just trying them out and could leave at any minute, they helped us with so much. I'm pretty proud right now to be a member. What's more, Traderjill, the one who I've been talking to wasn't present. These particular members didn't know me from anyone. Kudos to these guys, serious kudos.
    That's the Spartans I know and love! I'm out of game for a couple weeks but I knew you'd be in really great hands. I was just going to message someone today to see if everything was going ok but saw your statement here first

And Esssch, you sorta have to excuse him. He's a 220 Nanomage pistol MP.
    You can find me at:

Oh, understood.

*sprinkles a little trollfood on the doorstep* Poor lil guy.

http://i.imgur.com/eUZJS.jpg

Happy you found a home!

Good luck with your org

Yep goodluck at ur new home ^^
    Metafly7 220/30/70 "E"

Advfly7 170/19/42 "E"