Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Player-Made Videos - Contest Inside! 1 Billion Cr

Ok guys! Time to stop holding out! We need those last minute submissions today!
    - Ruken -... 18X Martial Artist
    - Khorak -.. 17X Enforcer
    - Kethis -... 17X Engineer
    - Equillian -... 16X Soldier

So as of Saturday, the I'm not taking any more submissions. I'll have to look over Strombanni's submission and decide who the winner is. Expect the results on November 1st!

OMG, it's so exciting and I just cant hide it!!

Strange that no one just tossed in some video at the end here, would be easy to get into top 3
    Strombanni, 220/70/30 Doctor
    General of The Red Brotherhood | Our videos

If a man of learning does not understand brotherhood
    has not the learning been a waste?

I know right? I mean, a video of someone simply yelling "AO!" then fading to black would have made second :P

Completely forgot about this thread meant to make a video, will hopefully on the holidays when i have some time
    220 Shade "Dominating"
    164 Enforcer "Solutions"

Yeah I think the time zone with alot of people in school or having kids in school was a little off, holidays or summer may have worked better

Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    Yeah I think the time zone with alot of people in school or having kids in school was a little off, holidays or summer may have worked better
    He gave over a month of time. That's more than enough for even the most casual person.

I would say from the amount of submissions, some people disagree...

I've been working on several videos for the past 2 months. They're educational/how-to videos. Recording them was relatively easy but having to go back, edit, add in text, etc takes time for me because I'm not well versed in the Adobe tools I'm using. The result is that I'm still working on them and didn't want to submit some half-done video just for the sake of a contest.

I think the contest was a good idea though and sorry to see more people didn't submit something. I wondered, after I saw the only submission, if people would bother since his was so good there was very little chance anyone else could compete.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

If there ever is a next time, maybe announce it a bit more ingame as well. Could maybe even use Dnet ? I don't mean spam it every fifth minute on OCC, Dnet etc, but the point is that I know many people don't check the ao forums too often. Also you would have to go to the Life on Rubi-ka section to find this. I even spoke to different people yesterday who never heard of this contest and didn't see my submission either. So maybe we had a couple more submissions if it also was announced ingame as well. I'm not saying that only you Ruken should do this. I have only told my org about this competition, and a couple of them actually planned to join but ran out of time, but I haven't announced it elsewhere... so it's something we all could do together maybe. Would love to see more ao vids out there for sure!
    Last edited by Strombanni; Oct 29th, 2014 at 13:44:31.

Strom - not a bad idea at all.

Quote Originally Posted by -Ruken- View Post
    Strom - not a bad idea at all.
    Already started on the next project!

One big reason why I didn't want to make anything was simply because I don't want to showcase AO in it's current incarnation and potentially put people off for when the new engine does roll around.
    Pricecuts - 220 Trader
    Feel free to contact me via PM or in-game.

Raggy - 220 Bureaucrat || Raggeh - 220 Fixer | Back as 'Raggys' - Shade for the time being. | Nuclei - 217 Nanotechnician || Nanobiology - 214 Doctor

Tip #743: As noted in Tip #244, tea bags have an infinite variety of uses. However, there's always one jerk who will want to give you crap over drinking tea. Particularly if in a new town, use this as an opportunity to assert yourself. Any drunken idiot can win a bar fight. It takes a real man to win a bar fight while enjoying a cup of Earl Grey.

Officially Announcing Strombanni as the 1st place winner so he gets his FC Points. He has donated his winnings already to the next contest. Making a new thread about the next contest. I'll be taking suggestions on what to do. Look for the post as soon as tomorrow! I still have credits to give away!!!

Quote Originally Posted by -Ruken- View Post
    Officially Announcing Strombanni as the 1st place winner so he gets his FC Points. He has donated his winnings already to the next contest. Making a new thread about the next contest. I'll be taking suggestions on what to do. Look for the post as soon as tomorrow! I still have credits to give away!!!
    WOHOOO!! *dancing horrible winning dance*

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123