Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fix bugged BS

Fix bugged BS

Truly, this is raging, very often you get invited to bs with several others, only to find out that the battlestation is bugged. team scores don't move from 000, capping points don't appear in bs map and you get no choice but to leave bs with get deserter running and hoping for another invite 10min later...

please fix this, it might just be a small bug but it's so annoying !
    Gonido - 220 MP - RK2
    Neutral - President of Harmony

Former French Fansite Manager
    http://ao.mondespersistants.com

yeah. over the years i've posted what must be a hundred comments on that and the uneven teams and all these basic things that don't work and would help the game so much. they just don't care.

3rd time in a row bugged rounds. Please fix this! This is the thing that pisses me off the most about this game. It should't even be hard to code for intelligent person. Rewrite the whole BS code if needed for f*ucksakes. This bug is killing the game. Why won't the devs even comment on it? Everybody please keep whining about this, one message per day until it get fixed. Nothing changes if we don't demand for it.

Wish i could do BS... wtb red vs blue, or failing that a check made so that the scenario is handled more gracefully (ie, doesn't bug out )
    Proud Member of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    Wish i could do BS... wtb red vs blue, or failing that a check made so that the scenario is handled more gracefully (ie, doesn't bug out )
    also something i have suggested many times. not wanted by the community. allegedly there are a lot of roleplaying pvpers. who knew.

Yeah, this bug is SERIOUSLY annoying. I hardly ever even bother to sign up for BS anymore because of it. Happens almost every time, in certain level ranges.

Still bugged. None care to fix, too busy to make new items?

Got inside BS. It's bugged. Alt f4 twice and canceled account. Why would I keep paying for this... Frozen here I come. Could consider activating account again when patch notes tell this has been fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    also something i have suggested many times. not wanted by the community. allegedly there are a lot of roleplaying pvpers. who knew.
    I'd be fine with all the roleplaying PvPers if they'd actually show up to BSes. Demanding that BSes stay sided is just asinine when it means the difference between the BS running constantly (as it would, there are almost always enough of one side to fill it up, waiting on the other side who is a no-show, at least in my experience), and the matches never starting and everyone getting frustrated.

As for the topic, I've only experienced this once in all my time playing, but it is a super-serious bug and deserves to be fixed.

Funcom employee

18.7 will introduce a few changes/fixes to the Battlestation queue which should resolve this issue. If the issue still persists, we will keep working to resolve the underlying causes.

As for making Battlestation Red vs. Blue, this is certainly something I am not opposed to, though I doubt it could be completed before the initial launch of 18.7. I would like to see it in the future...though my personal desires for future features does not always equate to a promise/guarantee it'll arrive in the future. :P
    Last edited by Michizure; Mar 11th, 2015 at 15:59:42.
    Henry "Michizure" Senger
    Lead Designer

Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    As for making Battlestation Red vs. Blue, this is certainly something I am not opposed to, though I doubt it could be completed before the initial launch of 18.7. I would like to see it in the future...though my personal desires for future features does not always equate to a promise/guarantee it'll arrive in the future. :P
    "But surely" you already have the code to make this possible for neutrals, just copy/pasta it :P
    Dramatic oversimplification is dramatic

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Randomly-assigned side, taking into account pre-formed teams? Maybe a tickbox for a preference but if one side has more signed up you'll end up going in on the other?

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

18.7 will introduce a few changes/fixes to the Battlestation queue which should resolve this issue. If the issue still persists, we will keep working to resolve the underlying causes.

You are my hero if you make it red vs blue. For the ones not liking the idea, I just prefer a BS than no BS at all... And if you rework a little the BS , can you check the runspeed for lowbie BS, like +1K RS to the skill of the player for the BS under 150 maybe.. That's may help them running a little
    "Telemak" : 215 Soldier // "Anogineer" : 210 Engineer // "Abdominaux" : 199 Enforcer // "Doctordre" : 182 Doctor // "Zzzzzioon" : 174 Fixer // "Pandantatete" : 170 Agent // "Kickndie" : 150 Martial Artist // "Notoriouss" : 149 Martial Artist // "Xzibeat" : 150 Nano Technician // "Ilovefarming" : 128 Agent // "Rabijuice" : 75 Keeper // "Zzzengy" : 60 Engineer // "Shanasha" : 55 Soldier // "Abdominus" : 46 Enforcer

Getting "Deserter" flag in bugged BS can be easily avoided.
    I'm spam following text in [OT OOC] and [Battlestation] chat channels every time when bugged BS happens:
    "use alt-f4 twice and wait 30 sec before relog to avoid "deserter" flag. they do it too often lately. feel free to cap point (or 2) before relogging so "they" get penalty for screwing BS at next round"
    Candle645 - Soldier, 220/30/70; Arieel - Keeper, 220/30/70; Candleadv - Adventurer, 220/30/70; Candlemech - Engineer, 220/30/70; Candlekicks - Martial Artist, 215/26/67; Candlegrids - Fixer, 126/15/max; Candledoc - 200 uber froob

1.) Seriously? After all these years... amagawd!
    2.) Do it pls Michi! Randomly mixed Teams, containing Omni+Clan+Neut as Red vs. Omni+Clan+Neut as Blue.... Imagine that...
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Dumonde
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Rank1
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Maxwell
    ..:: 220|30|70|e|::.. Zidane
    ..:: 220|28|66|e|::.. Isaak
    ..:: 215|20|56|e|::.. Rumb0
    ..:: 215|15|29|e|::.. Tiesto-1
    ..:: 212|17|46|e|::.. Pulsedriver
    ..:: 210|08|09|e|::.. Unseen

.. :: Punk :: ..

bugged bs is annoying yes. but even more annoying are the queuing inbalances. 2vs7 and and so on. that happens OFTEN. don't ask my why, but it does.

Please no pre-formed teams going to the same side as this would be wildly abused. When you enter red v blue BS your team should be cleared...
    Proud Member of Paradise

Quote Originally Posted by Bonghigs View Post
    Please no pre-formed teams going to the same side as this would be wildly abused. When you enter red v blue BS your team should be cleared...
    Agreed!

Make BS the pvp place for those wishing some good fun random rounds, without cookiecutter teams signing up together ruining what could be fun for everybody, Just to stroke their epeen, troll and generally be aholes because reasons.
    First NT to proper pocket Ely hecks - Raesun

Making BS red vs blue is taking away one of the last reasons to stay neutral or make neutral twinks ...
    I would not mind it if neutrals got something in return like equivalent of token board that can be bought with VPs or some Neutral tokens.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post
    Making BS red vs blue is taking away one of the last reasons to stay neutral or make neutral twinks ...
    I would not mind it if neutrals got something in return like equivalent of token board that can be bought with VPs or some Neutral tokens.
    Doesn't help having neuts in BS, when there are 16 clans and 3 omni in queue. Even if a neut or two comes and makes BS run, it will still be 4v4 or 5v5, when it could have been 10v10+, which would make BS hella fun! I would love to see neuts get some love in the form of tokens or something like that. But dont put red vs blue on hold, just because of neuts.
    Rajib - 220 Shotgun Doctor | Businessraj - 220 Shotgun Trader | Nanquan 210+ MA | Blasi - 209 ME Keeper | Rajliana - 200 bow MA ++++++

WTB Red and blue teams in BS. Thanks Michi!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast