Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Forum Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by Brampfine View Post
    /s btw at Tuesday the 16th i start at a other f2p game
    hahaha, really? Elves and cat people?

Quote Originally Posted by aboynemdsoo View Post
    hahaha, really? Elves and cat people?
    lulz

Also, don't touch dancing idiots. I like dancing idiots. Brampfine is just an angry old hater. He needs a pair of catears to make him happy.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Ah, this is it. Now I love the new forum-look
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

This is a big improvement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mastura View Post
    The white on black looked not 'quite right', even though that theme is what I always use on every device everywhere, specifically so that it doesn't cause strain on my eyes. Perhaps some of the people (also complaining about improved gfx due to upgrading computer) were afraid to upgrade their monitors also, so looking at it with their 1994 monitors may not only cause it to not display correctly, they might actually lose an eye!
    I have an upgraded graphics card and monitors and I've never experienced such immediate eye discomfort looking at a webpage as I did looking at the forums yesterday. Without exaggeration, within a couple minutes I felt what I can only describe as eye strain. So I wasn't just posting a complaint because I don't like upgrades. In fact, my initial thought when I saw the new forums was "OH WOW NICE!!" until my eyes started to hurt. I have no idea why that previous color scheme caused strain to my eyes (it could be my astigmatism, as someone else mentioned) but this a A LOT better and I'm happy they changed it.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Sep 10th, 2014 at 16:23:36.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

I only have a problem with the icons.
    They look idiotic, and once you open a category, i see no logic for the red/grey envelopes.
    Should be AO related icons, with visible difference and reason for be red or grey.
    But I guess they will fix that, since this is like the first version right? and CSS is easy to edit... :O

/Khrys
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

Is there a way to format the forums so when you look at your subscriptions, you only see 1 instance of a thread that has new posts?

For example, I started this Forum Upgrade thread and am subscribed to it. Previously, it wouldn't matter if there was 1 new response or 10.. I'd still see one line item for the thread. Now I see every new post individually, listed in date order.
    You can find me at:

Reet's Retreat page counter doesn't line properly. Also the text on quick reply screen should be different colour when not in use.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Much much better than yesterday ... Thank you

How do I see the old icon I used to click on to see my subscribed threads? Did my old subscriptions carry-over to this new forum?

Emma

nvm ... I found it in "My Profile"

Well, or maybe it is in "Settings" ... Settings looks more like the "old" list of activity on threads I have subscribed to than the list in My Profile does. Both seem very useful.
    Last edited by Emma; Sep 10th, 2014 at 17:19:24. Reason: finding old list of subs threads with new posts ...

Quote Originally Posted by Emma View Post
    Well, or maybe it is in "Settings" ... Settings looks more like the "old" list of activity on threads I have subscribed to than the list in My Profile does. Both seem very useful.
    Ah thank you for saying this.. I thought they'd just changed the look. Didn't think to click on settings for my subscriptions. I wonder if they can rename that link.
    You can find me at:

Using the search option within a forum has an issue with very light text on a white background so you can hardly see what you are typing.
    Fixit69 Opi Fixer 220/30/70
    Biggmac Atrox Enf 220/30/70
    Olchfa Solitus Soldier 150/20/36
    Dicdoc Solitus Doctor 220/30/70
    Proud President of aTrox Caelestis
    Quote Originally Posted by Racatti View Post
    I have no probs admitting when I'm wrong, it just doesn't happen that often

Since yesterday the look has improved a massive amount, thank you whom ever is working with it.
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Love the AO logos one the front page =)

Quote Originally Posted by neffynk View Post
    Love the AO logos one the front page =)

Yup looks great
    Caloss2 LVL 220 melee VANGUARD (semi retired).....Llewlyn 220/30/70 meepmeep.....Boooocal 220../30/70 Soldier.......Knack 220/30/70 Keeper.....Hiesenberg 215/xx/xx NT NERFED Neytiri1 220/30/70 Shade Knacker220/30/70Meat shield
    https://www.youtube.com/user/caloss2 for guides/walkthroughs/letsplays and all your other AO needs
    In my special design documents that I feed to the FC devs, who are my willing slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Krisalee View Post
    Hooray, AO green returns!

If we still have a stylistic issue with the icons, I'd be happy to make an AO-themed set.
    Welp, nevermind, I see you're already on it
    Aldebaran "Krisanthe" Fairchild, Director
    Krisaata "Krisalee" Liandra, Communications Officer
    Kathryn "Krisaria" Fairchild, Medical Officer

== THE HOMESTEAD ACCORD ==
    Exploration - Colonization - Commerce

http://www.homesteadaccord.org/

I just wish they'd re-enable more search results than 60, this was not changed with this upgrade but rather a few months earlier. It used to be 250 which was a lot better for nostalgia-browsing.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

I like the new icons on forum view, could there be similiar set made for posts messages too?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

You guys need to learn to deal with change. The new forum layout looks perfectly fine, barring maybe a few formatting errors, and that it appears we all need to reset our avatars and sigs. its not THAT big of a deal.

Quote Originally Posted by LePirate View Post
    You guys need to learn to deal with change. The new forum layout looks perfectly fine, barring maybe a few formatting errors, and that it appears we all need to reset our avatars and sigs. its not THAT big of a deal.
    It looks totally different today than it looked yesterday when this thread was started. I would imagine a lot of the very nice improvements were a result of feedback.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Sep 10th, 2014 at 19:54:24.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by LePirate View Post
    Did you check the forums yesterday before the new theme was introduced? because prior to that it was very hard to use/look at for most people with the new theme it's just fine and dandy for me.

One more visual thing to fix now. The damn envelopes
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast