Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Forum Upgrade

@ Michi : please, tell us you have an other option in your pocket, and this is not the final template ... !!?

Quote Originally Posted by Jihnna View Post
    White text on black background seriously hurts my eyes :/ Other than that the general look is very nice, I just can't cope with the color-scheme, sucks to be me, I guess...
    White text on black background hurts everyone's eyes, some feel it and some doesn't feels it because their eyes are already messed up XD
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    White text on black background hurts everyone's eyes, some feel it and some doesn't feels it because their eyes are already messed up XD
    stop beeing mean toward foob, he can't help it :-(

"People with astigmatism (aproximately 50% of the population) find it harder to read white text on black than black text on white. Part of this has to do with light levels: with a bright display (white background) the iris closes a bit more, decreasing the effect of the "deformed" lens; with a dark display (black background) the iris opens to receive more light and the deformation of the lens creates a much fuzzier focus at the eye."

- Jason Harrison – Post Doctoral Fellow, Imager Lab Manager – Sensory Perception and Interaction Research Group, University of British Columbia
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

It is the sharp contrasts between bright in dark which damage the eyes, and will eventually makes us wearing glasses to get better focus.

- Do you want all of us to wear glasses forum designer !?
    Last edited by UNIDENTIFIED; Sep 9th, 2014 at 22:34:33.
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Not exaggerating when I say that if I look at the forums for longer than a couple minutes (outside of my phone) my eyes start to hurt.

I'll use my phone or tablet to read anything until this gets fixed.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Sep 9th, 2014 at 23:02:53. Reason: Phone auto-changed my text!

First word that comes to mind is "dated". New theme looks like something I used to see on the old free-hosted community forums I used to hang out at during my fandom days. When I was a teen. About 10 years ago.

Not really feeling it. Hoping the theme will see some adaptations in the near future once any post-upgrade functionality kinks are ironed out first.
    :E

Bekrowe and I are helping Sezmra and Tomium sort out various issues, starting with stuff that's actually broken.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

There is a handy tool that vBulletin provide to convert styles from 3.x to 4.x, but I guess that has already been tried...

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/blogs...-grove/3932031

Besides the read/unread icons, I think it is a pretty cool basic layout. I think I'm the only ones who liked the desight...

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    I think I have to disagree here (prolly the only one). Black background and white text usually hurt the eyes less, like any "dark color background and light color text". This opnion is based on most programs you use in industry/enterprise are black bg white text, like: AutoCAD, 90% of the program compilers, ever mIRC. May be only me, but I prefer to look all day at a dark bg white text than the oposite.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

the new theme sux, no likey the dark background I hope you can change this, is hell on my eyes
    2017 - The beginning of the end.

The question of light-on-dark vs dark-on-light is one of personal preference, I don't mind either way. I found the text a little small by default, but that's an easy enough fix with Chrome's zoom setting.

Either way, it's good to see something being done, however small.

I do miss the green, though.
    Last edited by Krisalee; Sep 10th, 2014 at 00:35:32.
    Aldebaran "Krisanthe" Fairchild, Director
    Krisaata "Krisalee" Liandra, Communications Officer
    Kathryn "Krisaria" Fairchild, Medical Officer

== THE HOMESTEAD ACCORD ==
    Exploration - Colonization - Commerce

http://www.homesteadaccord.org/

Good that you've updated the forum software to a new and improved version, though this theme carry several issues for many people. I hope that once you're done "sorting out various issues, starting with stuff that's actually broken", you'll add some other, easier on the eyes themes to the theme choices. Maybe even one with the old colour scheme, for those who would like that. White on black is painful on the eyes for a lot of people.

Noticed that the WYSIWYG editor seems to be broken. In Settings -> General Settings ->Miscellaneous Options, you can choose which Message Editor Interface you want to use. Changing it to WYSIWYG did nothing for me. Not showing the formatting options. Also, you may notice that the help text beneath the three editor options is nearly the same colour as the background, making it impossible to read.

Wow this is just nasty on the eys
    Gaveup 220/30/80 Smg

Somebody please tell me that I still roxxor.
    Ghosts of Rimor
    Gorastopr 220 MA Doctor :: No pew pew. Thwack thwack.
    Goratinkr TL5 OT Hurler Factotum Engineer :: Bringin' the thunder since 2008.
    Scrubup 100 Bow Doctor :: Will she ever get out of perk reset? Stay tuned!
    Ghosts of Atlantean
    Unda TL7 MA Engineer :: Crying for more crit.
    Measles LVL1 Pistol Doctor :: It takes 2 stims to self the Expertises.

Quote Originally Posted by Le-Quack View Post
    i might be a troll

This is horrible.. Please give back the old forum layout.

I think I've figured out what's wrong with the new forums. The colors are wrong. Instead of what it is now, it should be bright neon green background and bright pink text.

God...and I thought the WYSE terminals of yester-year were bad. While we are at it, lets go back to green on green or orange on orange...
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast