Thread: OTPC Freelance: Cora Geers' defection

OTPC Freelance: Cora Geers' defection

OTPC Freelance: Cora Geers' defection
    September 4th, 29488 - Andrew Phillips

We must not allow the defection of Cora Geers to stall efforts for cooperation.

I am often asked why our CEO urges vigilance against crime even as we seek a peaceful solution to the conflict. Now we have our answer. It has emerged that Cora Geers, whose activities were protested by several clan leaders earlier this year, has been cooperating with the very terrorists who made the protests.

Cynical colleagues may be unsurprised, though there were many, including myself, who believed even the extremist Sentinels and clan Assembly within them could be genuine about issues of global security.

Significant failures have led to this defection and it would be useless to pretend they haven't. Under the capable leadership of the returned Director Sergeyich, these failures will be addressed.

What matters more are the attempts of terrorists to incite hatred, and marginalise moderates. They hope with a few more defections, a few more killings, we will all be so consumed with anger that we give them the active conflict they want.

Despite the headlines, quiet, diligent, and successful cooperation with Clan members has done much to help the common good. We must not be cajoled by extremist atrocities, but continue to strive for cooperation with moderates. Only then can peace be possible.

The only 'moderate' clan members would be neutral. There is no co-operation possible with these terrorists. To not respond to a terrorist's actions is to show weakness and fail every single employee on the planet. Now is not the time to give in to those clamoring for peace, as peace would be a victory to the Clans. Now is the time to lift the chains from the Armed Forces, and let us get back to bringing peace and order to this beautiful world. A weak corporation, willing to bend over backwards for peace, will only lead to more defections. Now is the time to strike!

Omni-Tek Brings Order!
    Omni-AF

Except there have been several cross-factional operations over the past several years, that were moderately successful at dealing with various situations - ranging from Alien culling to the uprooting of a certain Miss Bahirae from destroying the entire planet. It looks to me like someone at this table is a little too stuck in Tarkhan Zora's time.

Surely you didn't forget that little cooperation with 'these terrorists'.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Mr. Phillips,

It pains me to see so many of my fellow humans suffering as the results of one individual's insane actions. I will be keeping my warehouses and employees on standby to deliver humanitarian and medical supplies to Omni-Tek, should the need arise in this time of crisis.

Thank you Mr Phillips for your wise words. There is always room for co-operation between people who think with their heads rather than their guns. I feel proud to have been part of several joint faction operations in the past and have a healthy respect for several individuals on clan side who can put rhetoric aside for the greater good.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet