Thread: IRRK Freelance: Omni-Tek Security in crisis?

Independent Reporters of Rubi-Ka Editor: IRRK's Avatar

IRRK Freelance: Omni-Tek Security in crisis?

IRRK Freelance: Omni-Tek Security in crisis?
    September 4th, 29488

Yesterday saw lifelong employee Cora Geers publicly denounce and leave Omni-Tek after a string of incidents subsequently leading to her suspension and investigation by senior officials and members of Omni-Tek Internal Operations. Today, hundreds of those formally in her command have followed her and left their stations in Omni-Tek.

Sources tell IRRK that the former General was last seen rampaging through Omni-1 firing indiscriminately at Omni-Tek employees following a private disciplinary meeting in Omni-HQ. Major Rashinen Rintaro of Omni-Security and OTAF Commander Geoffrey Bradford were dispatched to detain Ms Geers after she used high yield grenades, causing substantial damage in Omni-1's Trade District. The former General managed to elude her would-be capturers and slipped past other members of Omni-Security.

Other sources claim that Ms Geers was captured later that evening by Major Rintaro and brought to an Omni-Tek detention centre. Only moments after her detention, Omni-Tek detected a strange signal around the facility. Shortly after a heavily armed group of unknown individuals sprung the former General free.

Ms Geers and hundreds of members in Omni-Security have reportedly gone independent and have remade an old division of Omni-Pol called "Alpha Division" vowing to seek revenge for what they refer to as Project Charge – a supposedly classified Omni-Tek project.

With the recent boom in cyborg attacks, Omni-Tek security is already going through a crisis. Now, with one of the most highly decorated officers and hundreds of others leaving Omni-Security and publicly opposing the corporation, how will they cope? Surely those in Alpha Division know exactly how to hit Omni-Tek?

When approached by IRRK, Omni-Tek PR officials refused to comment on the situation.

It's sad to see so many innocents suffering from the actions of one individual. I will be keeping my warehouses and employees on standby to deliver humanitarian and medical supplies to Omni-Tek, should the need arise in this time of crisis.

While it pisses me off more than saddens me that these cowards would run off from their posts, I can assure you we are not in a "Crisis" as this damn fence sitting new agency says. Omni-AF has more than enough troops to fill the gaps even if all of Omni-Pol decided to up and leave.

While I appreciate the humanitarian offer made from a neutral source, I have to reinforce the statement made by my Commanding officer. Omni-Med, and in connection as needed, Omni-AF Medical Services are not compromised. We are more than capable of delivering any assistance to our employees as required.
    Dr. Alexsey Tereskov, Major, Medical Services
    Omni-Tek Armed Forces, Urban Division

OT-AF Urban Division