Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Weird looking

Weird looking

If I heard it correctly, you guys are planning to have these NPC buyable on a next update
    BAD idea, you're already making EVERYTHIGN to easy to obtain, I can understand people are horrified by the prices of rare items, but there still need to remain RARE items ingame
    Just wish you guys would stop making everything cheap and buyable or nodrops yesdrop...
    Its STUPID, there's no more effort invovled, no more 'WOW I got myself a rare gem here'..
    Cmon... what the flip are you doing? If you wanna kill the game, just pull the damn plug already

My point is, this game used to have alot more rare items, now, everyone has everything, even new players can now get stuff easier
    Yes I know, many will say it isnt true
    The only thing that needs to be done is rare items should have an appropriate rarity price, its just the greedy market resellers that ruin this
    there needs to be a halt on people monopolizing certain rare items to jack up prices....
    Find a solution for that, thta doesnt involve just giving it out so everyone can get it

Quote Originally Posted by grandefiasco View Post
    My point is, this game used to have alot more rare items, now, everyone has everything
    I don't see anything wrong with that. It's pretty stupid that certain small buffs are incredibly rare nanos. What's the logic behind that anyway, make them rare just for the sake of having rare nanos for a few professions while others don't have to worry about it whatsoever ? Imbalanced, poorly designed concept that should have been gone long ago.

Well it was a BAD idea to have them drop in one location of the game. Its STUPID that they were so ridiculously rare. It is a BAD idea to farm one item like a full time job.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Well it was a BAD idea to have them drop in one location of the game. Its STUPID that they were so ridiculously rare. It is a BAD idea to farm one item like a full time job.
    +1 Can't put it in better terms.

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    No its not bad. Not at all. I make my money at farming those nano and selling it, because other peoples are to lazy to do it. It is my bigest income.

Just different point of view.

Quote Originally Posted by ozzrik View Post
    No its not bad. Not at all. I make my money at farming those nano and selling it, because other peoples are to lazy to do it. It is my bigest income.

Having a necessary part of a prof tool set cost 1b+ is a travesty.

You make your money selling them to people that bought creds from the Chinese farmers. Your part of the biggest black market cartel in ao.

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post

You make your money selling them to people that bought creds from the Chinese farmers. Your part of the biggest black market cartel in ao.
    Yeah yeah im the bad guy because i farm valuable rare items and sell it at the market prices.
    What an argument. (ho its too expensive, and i cannot aford it because i dont buy creds from poor little chineses, all is theyr fault) And all the people that have credits are credits buyer, its well known, you are right. You know the truth.

Whats the point? You are unable to farm it or buying it? Its just your problem.
    Just dont whinne or beg because "you consider" that your prof need it.

Rarity make the price.

Yeah yeah im the bad guy because i farm valuable rare items and sell it at the market prices.
    What an argument. (ho its too expensive, and i cannot aford it because i dont buy creds from poor little chineses, all is theyr fault) And all the people that have credits are credits buyer, its well known, you are right. You know the truth.

Whats the point? You are unable to farm it or buying it? Its just your problem.
    Just dont whinne or beg because "you consider" that your prof need it.

Rarity make the price.
    FC makes the price though incompetence and poor game design and horrible drop rates. It shouldn't be rare to begin with as its part of a prof tool set. Claim ignorance if you want but the weird nanos are a huge portion of a black market in ao and i know this since I had friends that farmed weird nanos and I could tell you some stories but that would get me in mod trouble if I posted them here. Your just trying to defend taking advantage of poor designed game mechanics to turn a profit. The state of the game and prof balance is worth more than one players income. I could care less if it changes put you out of business. The entire premise of these nanos is flawed and the fc solution of trying to sell them in an expensive credit sink shop even more so.

Nobody forces ANYBODY to buy those nanos, or anything else ingame for silly ammounts of credits. Every one of us has the chance to go 'farm' them ourselves. People pay those prices because they either cba farming it themselves, or are just too impatient to do it themselves.

As for your assumptions in the second line of your post, I think that's better left in the trash & not replied to in any meaningful way.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Nobody forces ANYBODY to buy those nanos, or anything else ingame for silly ammounts of credits. Every one of us has the chance to go 'farm' them ourselves. People pay those prices because they either cba farming it themselves, or are just too impatient to do it themselves.

As for your assumptions in the second line of your post, I think that's better left in the trash & not replied to in any meaningful way.
    Some profs will be at a disadvantage if they don't acquire them especially in pvp situations. I would prefer not to be a gimp. You fail to even address that only certain profs have them and the unfairness involved.

As for assumptions as you put it.. They love the weird nanos and the whole dungeon on a timer needing to be empty etc thing its right up their alley and works with their business model. They make a killing and can monopolize it for an infinite timeframe.

Stupid point of view. Lazy, are you for real ? Did it occur to you that some of us maybe don't have hours upon hours of spare time to spend looking for something we don't even know is there?

Every time this topic comes up it ends the same way with nothing changing to promote fair balanced mechanics once the weird nano farmers come out to defend the gravy train.

Nanos like these should be in shops for stupid high price like say 500milion creditaz... same for NS2, (well that's getting nerfed anyway), and other wierdness, let it be expensive to obtain... but also make it possible to obtain at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Flawed illogical game design to make nanos necessary for certain profs progression and competitiveness next to impossible to obtain. They should be obtainable with the same effort required by any quest nano presently in game.

Explaining the concept to new players that depending on the prof they choose they will either have to gain a ridiculous amount of credits to purchase their skills from a farmer or farm the same dungeon every 20 minutes and hope for a random drop which could take between 1hr to ???? all along having to fend off competition from other greedy players and/or the chinese mining firm is going to make them raise their middle finger at this game and quit.

Placing them at expensive prices in a shop only shows to me that Its not to make people that wasted hours of their lives or billions in credits rage quit.

I don't think that anything sold by the game NPCs should cost 1/2 of what a single toon can hold. It amazes me that we, as players, are somehow ok with it. Those nanos shouldn't be sold by a game NPC for 500m... the weird looking stats should've just been put on the regular versions and weird looking eliminated.

If I went to pretty much any other game.. including WoW and I found out that I was going to have to pay half of my gold cap (for WoW I think that's 50k with a 100k cap) for something as simple as a spell I'd pretty much just not play that game.

Putting them in shops is a bandaid fix. The way we obtain nanos in this game is based on an archaic gameplay design and should be reviewed and fixed.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Sep 4th, 2014 at 21:49:09.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

↑↑↓↓ ← → ← → B A
    Flawed illogical game design to make nanos necessary for certain profs progression and competitiveness next to impossible to obtain. They should be obtainable with the same effort required by any quest nano presently in game.
    Repeating the same thing like a parrot won't make it true. I can't be bothered to farm supple bots, pls add it to stores is the same argument. I can't be bothered to farm sow/soc, please add it to the store. I can't be bothered to farm a B piece for this or that pb, please add. I can't be bothered to farm a shroud, pls add it to the store since if anything that has a retarded droprate. etc etc etc

Your toon doesn't NEED this or that, rather you WANT it. It's really that simple. I want 2 sets of CC while were at it. Instead of whining I'm making my way there slowly. And no, I don't have all day to play. I just suck it up because I know that after all the fluff and OE and the leets AO is one huge grindfest, pure and simple.

I think adding these to the stores is a very bad idea as it is a precedent to beg/whine/threaten for more stuff. Gateway-items, so to speak. And bashing and scapegoating the so called nano-sellers (which I am not), is just ridiculous, you might as well say the same for everyone who has a single item listed in GMI, then some more.
    Quote Originally Posted by thecheeseman View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidana View Post
    This is so out of context regarding my quote that I don't even know how to respond...
    because i win.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post

i dont agree. not at all. i am all for character development. but parking in a static for a year or so to obtain a nano that everyone expects you to have is ridiculous. there is no gameplay involved in obtaining these whatsoever. but playing the game is not a job, its leisure, i pay for it. the prices are just a consequence of this madness and the farmers. i cannot see how anyone can even defend ao's current supply of these nanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidana View Post
    Repeating the same thing like a parrot won't make it true. I can't be bothered to farm supple bots, pls add it to stores is the same argument. I can't be bothered to farm sow/soc, please add it to the store. I can't be bothered to farm a B piece for this or that pb, please add. I can't be bothered to farm a shroud, pls add it to the store since if anything that has a retarded droprate. etc etc etc

Your toon doesn't NEED this or that, rather you WANT it. It's really that simple. I want 2 sets of CC while were at it. Instead of whining I'm making my way there slowly. And no, I don't have all day to play. I just suck it up because I know that after all the fluff and OE and the leets AO is one huge grindfest, pure and simple.

I think adding these to the stores is a very bad idea as it is a precedent to beg/whine/threaten for more stuff. Gateway-items, so to speak. And bashing and scapegoating the so called nano-sellers (which I am not), is just ridiculous, you might as well say the same for everyone who has a single item listed in GMI, then some more.
    It has to be repeated multiple times because the people here are so dense when it comes to the logic behind the design? Please explain to me the logic and purpose behind the design? The argument that I want it is not valid you are just blowing hot air. Supple bots don't add a useable skill into my ncu forever. A method already exists in game to acquire nanos like these the they are called missions and these nanos should require the same effort not super extraordinary measures. These nanos are not worth 500m-1b or farming a random dungeon forever that uses RNG mechanics while having to face opposition from other players and chinese.

Maybe I should put this in other terms for the current dev team. Having to pay a farmer 900m for a weird looking ICRT is like having a warcraft paladin having to pay 99999G to train blessing of kings.

Placing the nanos in a shop is kool, 500m each is not lol. They are not THAT popular, your just removing creds from people who dont have them.

The rich players already have them on their toons.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    I don't think that anything sold by the game NPCs should cost 1/2 of what a single toon can hold. It amazes me that we, as players, are somehow ok with it. Those nanos shouldn't be sold by a game NPC for 500m... the weird looking stats should've just been put on the regular versions and weird looking eliminated.

If I went to pretty much any other game.. including WoW and I found out that I was going to have to pay half of my gold cap (for WoW I think that's 50k with a 100k cap) for something as simple as a spell I'd pretty much just not play that game.

Putting them in shops is a bandaid fix. The way we obtain nanos in this game is based on an archaic gameplay design and should be reviewed and fixed.
    Your solution is the most viable and logical. However I don't think it will happen as it seems fc wants to coddle the players and the chinese that farm them so the bubble economy on them won't burst and cause them to explode with rage.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast