Thread: Extra Experience

Extra Experience

I was thinking a while ago about experince.. being lvl 200 and still doing missions i have almost 300 mil exp over the original cap now everyone has heard rumors about the lvl cap being raised in the expansion.. now i got to thinking what would happen to all my extra experience.. would i get one kill and get one lvl and the previouse ammount of experience vanish? Something to think about if you plan to venture over the experience cap =) Anyone have any ideas?
    It is better to stay quiet and let people think you are stupid, Then to open your mouth and confirm it.

I have no idea of what FC intends to do about that.

One idea would be to convert Xp into IPR points.
    I mean as I understood it, they planned to release Shadowlands with the same level cap.
    So it might be at least one year more before the level cap is raised.
    That's a long time to play without changing your skill setup.
    I think new IPR points even after you reached lvl 200 would be appreciated.

And as for what happens when they raise the levelcap, you'd probably loose any exp over lvl 202 or something.
    Last edited by Kaghelion; Oct 22nd, 2002 at 10:29:53.
    May your RD always kick in between death and reclaim.
    Honest Businessmen and women: The Mockers
    I eat Grid Armor nanos. *BURP* Hungry again!
    Power Users run Anarchy Online from Linux.

Well the way it setup now when your close to lvl and you get kill the extra experience you get carries over till the next lvl and you cant loose it because it is saved.. Im wondering if that would work the same way with exp over the cap.. I would appriciate any feedback from Maybe Cz maybe he could look into it
    It is better to stay quiet and let people think you are stupid, Then to open your mouth and confirm it.

I'm not Cz, but I imagine there's some sort of Exp check to see if you've got enough for your next level. Possibly not on login, but if they did, definitely each time your experience changes.

So, for example, if you made a QL 1 implant, you'd get your 5 xp, it'd check, see that you have more than enough to go to lvl 201, level you, take off the amount you needed to go from 200 to 201 from your available xp, save your character, and then leave the rest for your next level.

Should you have enough to go from 200 to 201, and still have enough left to go to 202, then you may or may not have to make up another implant (or do some other xp-gaining task) to get the level. I doubt they've implemented a check to see if you can level twice, seeing as you can't gain more than 10% of a level from one mob.

At least, that's the logical way I could see it happening. I doubt you'd have to worry about losing millions of xp, surely Funcom would be smart enough to avoid that

Originally posted by Shatai
    I doubt you'd have to worry about losing millions of xp, surely Funcom would be smart enough to avoid that
    Well That was the point of this post i wanted to know if they thought of this ahead of time hopefully they did heh i would still like to hear an officail reply to this

The current level cap is 200. If they raise the level cap, you'll get to earn experience again to level. Before they raise the level cap, any experience you earn is worthless because you're at the max level. Of course, I'm wasting my breath, because when they announce the level cap is going up but your extra xp is history, the whining will start en masse. You earned all that extra xp without any intent to gain a level so don't expect to get any levels out of it.
    Clan fixer, Fourth Title

Director of Information
    Analog Myth

Well if they intended that then why after reaching 75 mil exp doesnt the bar stop filling? If they didnt want you to earn more exp then they could have easily done it.. but they didnt and thats the reason i asked the question

For it to stop at 75M exp would probably take some extra coding, and since lvl200 was the max, this was code that didn't need to be done.

Anyways, I think that FC might want a fresh start with all the lvl200 with tons of M's of IP, alltho I guess there will be some whining about it.

Ultimately, I think it would be best if you dinged to lvl201 on next XP increase, and lost whatever "buffer" you had over that.

Or did I say that just to annoy you, Corgan?

Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

I doubt anyone is going to level up automatically when they install Shadowlands. Most likely you're able to get exp over the cap because FC never really considered raising the level cap, so it wasn't an issue. Personally I hope it doesn't become an issue, because I don't want to see the level cap raised. We won't really know either way until either Cz gives up the answers or Shadowlands comes out.