Thread: Omni Demonstrations in Borealis

Omni Demonstrations in Borealis

I'm publicly calling upon Omni leaders to speak out against a recent rash of OT demonstrations in the streets of Borealis. As we all know, Borealis is under the administrative control of the ICC, nominally, and while I appreciate and acknowledge Omni's membership and standing as a member of the ICC, it does not give some of your more ... let's say "adventurous" ... detachments to parade armored troops through our streets without cause.

Yesterday in Borealis a squad of some 8 OT representatives, uniformed in matching heavy tank armor and brandishing weaponry, performed military exercises in formation on the main causeway near the Fair Trade shop. When confronted, they assured everyone that their presence was merely a peaceful demonstration, but it was clear from their regalia and attitude that the intent was intimidation. This was the most organized and vocal, but not the only such incident that I have witnessed, and that others in the Homestead Accord have reported.

Borealis is a free and politically neutral city, as well as my home. While we welcome the business trade of both OT and Joint Clan members, demonstrations meant to frighten, coerce, or intimidate neutral citizens merely trying to life peaceful and private lives - from either side - will not be welcome.

I am confident that the reasonable leadership of OT-RK will join me in denouncing these juvenile tactics, and make an effort to ensure that they do not happen again.

Thank you for your time.
    Aldebaran "Krisanthe" Fairchild, Director
    Krisaata "Krisalee" Liandra, Communications Officer
    Kathryn "Krisaria" Fairchild, Medical Officer

== THE HOMESTEAD ACCORD ==
    Exploration - Colonization - Commerce

http://www.homesteadaccord.org/

Greetings, I am Commander Bradford of the Omni-Tek Armed Forces. I can assure you that no one under my command has set foot in Borealis in full armour since the ICC ruling regarding the defence of the city.

If by any chance you know the names of those involved, please contact either me directly or another member of Omni-Security, and we can look into this. Omni-Tek is well known for its respect for the rulings of the ICC and only wishes to make Rubi-Ka a safer place.

Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.

Omni-Tek Protects!
    Omni-AF

Thank you, Commander.

As I said, I was confident that these incidents were small detachments operating outside the authority of OT-AF leadership. It's not my intent to enforce disciplinary measures against OT personnel, so I will simply hope that this public denouncement settles the matter. Should it continue, however, I will see that you receive a private communique with the names of those involved.
    Aldebaran "Krisanthe" Fairchild, Director
    Krisaata "Krisalee" Liandra, Communications Officer
    Kathryn "Krisaria" Fairchild, Medical Officer

== THE HOMESTEAD ACCORD ==
    Exploration - Colonization - Commerce

http://www.homesteadaccord.org/