Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Legends of Anarchy (RK1 - TL;DR Edition)

Impressive.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by FoolishManX View Post
    Omigawd was that Soldier who used to troll arena duels by swap alpha'ing people, right?
    Yeah, it was usually her on Omigawd, me on Trypants or Dysfunktion, and our buddy Tyler on Staphyloccus. She used to log her fixer also while I would run around bore getting all the MDR guys flagged and evac me and Staphy out while he was pocket healing me lol. Was a ****load of fun and when evac was really broken she could bring me back to life even 5-8 seconds after I died if she got the evac off in time haha. Was wonderful fun watching jambi/piticutz1/reborn1/otagent/rossi all try to get me down. Then they got smart and busted out my signature move....... the healgraft!
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Dysfunction View Post
    Yeah, it was usually her on Omigawd, me on Trypants or Dysfunktion, and our buddy Tyler on Staphyloccus. She used to log her fixer also while I would run around bore getting all the MDR guys flagged and evac me and Staphy out while he was pocket healing me lol. Was a ****load of fun and when evac was really broken she could bring me back to life even 5-8 seconds after I died if she got the evac off in time haha. Was wonderful fun watching jambi/piticutz1/reborn1/otagent/rossi all try to get me down. Then they got smart and busted out my signature move....... the healgraft!
    Tanking a team on a Keeper/Soldier with a pocket doctor and a pocket meep during the broken meep days was fun? You disgust me. There I was on my MP getting alpha'ed with just Slice and Dice, literally. I used to have trouble killing 170 Agents on my 200-211 MP. I would say 212 but that's when I got my new pet and all I had to do was root perk and sick my pet on the Agent and /disco until Karlino and the MdV crew came and splatted me.
    -___________________________-

You, Rolf, Tehwired, there were just so many good Clan Atrox Keepers that I can't even think of them all anymore, but anyways, I remember wanting to roll an Atrox Keeper (Soli looks ugly with melee weapons) because of the damage and stupid amounts of survivability you all had. I remember there being a Keeper who made a few PvP videos that were nice to watch, but I can't remember his name anymore.

Either way, link me Omigawd's trolling videos!

I remember your healgraft had my name on it.

I remember there being a Keeper who made a few PvP videos that were nice to watch, but I can't remember his name anymore.
    Aurron? Just look at how cute Dys's gear was!

I made a PvP video once, on my 197 trox keeper, who had FBR and mostly T1. I died a lot. It was good fun. I think even Paf liked it cause I had a song from The Prodigy on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Aurron? Just look at how cute Dys's gear was!

I made a PvP video once, on my 197 trox keeper, who had FBR and mostly T1. I died a lot. It was good fun. I think even Paf liked it cause I had a song from The Prodigy on it.
    Aurron was never good in PvP (the guy that died is the one I'm referring to). Plus, I don't think Omni had uber Keepers like Clan did. Think maybe Legioh87 was the only good Omni one but the Clan Atrox Keepers were on another level, I always thought. I could just be drawing a blank and not remember any of the uber Omni Keepers, though. But I remember hating that Omni never had reliably active good Keepers and Fixers. Sucked for BS, because run speed is ftw.

But anyways, the Keeper I was referring to was a Clan Atrox. Maybe it was Rolf's video, I just remember it was a tough Keeper to fight let alone kill. Hopefully Dys can list all the good keepers he remembers from this time frame, maybe it can jog my memory.

Lol, you done goofed! Should of mained a Keeper instead of an MP.

Carlie214 was a good keeper, but I don't know if they ever made any videos. I think they had a soldier too? Another friend I miss 8)
    Herk Mad! Herk Crush!!

Main: Herkulease

Alts:
    Toba
    Cosmicmayhem
    Wantsumore
    Blessfu

Can't help but notice no one else has posted their list.... It's just been 3 pages of arguing.
    Casual/former player known as
    - Nnivekccub / Kingduck / Mongoose

When I read the OP I thought "these threads didn't end pretty 10 years ago when PvP was active enough to judge people on the day's experiences, let alone in 2014". The meaning of the word "legend" is often disagreed upon, and I'd stress that not many players in AO could have earned such a status, but there's people naming their orgmates, best friends, players they miss, dead people.. even Srompu (bloody hell).

What an absolute car crash of a thread.

About fixers....

No Clan

...and for some reason Tiamin...

Sorry, but I have to comment on these 2 remarks.

Xcript, I've known you a long time - but have you even played the same game as me? We've both played AO in the last 10 years right?

I understand it's your opinion, and I am within my own right to make my own list etc, blablabla.. But I'm going to discuss this with you, and as someone who I thought understood a good PvPer when he sees one, I expected better from you! You're not some post-LE numbskull! And by the way, I'm sure many people posting lists on this thread would have also made the same mistake, but you're the only person who actually put together a proper list, so you're the only target I can choose to correct about this.

Clan and Omni have great players from both professions, they're mostly contested. But Fixer is the ONE profession where RK1 Clan always had the upper hand historically, for almost the entire duration of the game. As a fixer myself, I claim to play no part in that - this is not about me. I was a decent fixer but I learnt my stuff from the people I'm about to give credit to. And two of the biggest characters and pioneers and.. well, legends, if you will, amongst those clan fixers are Stromm, (the guy you amazingly fail to mention at all, who beat your beloved Togafix twice in duels, after reactivation from a long absence from the game, with outdated equipment and rusty knowledge of the game), and Tiamin who you mention "for some reason!!". Could that reason be that he basically indirectly taught every other fixer who played after 2004, including Stromm and Toga, how to play the game? At least you mention Yumemi, who i'd put as no.3, not because of anything at TL7 (because he was good, but not fantastic at that level) but because he played at every level, at one point in time, on a fixer.. and pretty much nailed it. Particularly at twink levels. Perhaps not all fixers realise this, but the reason that in 2014 you can build a fixer and know how to heal it effectively (to almost make up for the shocking survival toolset handed to us by FC), and know how to get the best out of our damage output in PvP, is because of Tiamin.

Hey, listen. I was Omni once too, and if we're talking about personal feelings, when I was Omni, Tiamin and Stromm came across like two *******s to me (I later got on with them well). But anyone thinking rationally, objectively and opening their eyes, who doesn't even have had to have played TL7 but knows someone who did during that era, recognised that Stromm and particularly Tiamin redefined Fixer PvP to an example which all later RK1 AND RK2 fixers followed in several elements of the game. And if that doesn't earn a legendary status in the game, then I don't know what does.

Slainkeep was hands down the best keeper I've ever seen in the history of the game, and he was Omni in tranq or hells heroes I believe. He was damn near unkillable when he had towers in a 1v1 situation, was absolutely incredible to watch him pvp honestly. And on top of that he was either solitus or opifex and I watched him survive 3 MR alphas during a keeper vs keeper duel
    Last edited by Dysfunction; Aug 30th, 2014 at 06:21:15.
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Solox View Post
    About fixers....

Xcript, I've known you a long time - but have you even played the same game as me? We've both played AO in the last 10 years right?

I understand it's your opinion, and I am within my own right to make my own list etc, blablabla.. But I'm going to discuss this with you, and as someone who I thought understood a good PvPer when he sees one, I expected better from you! You're not some post-LE numbskull! And by the way, I'm sure many people posting lists on this thread would have also made the same mistake, but you're the only person who actually put together a proper list, so you're the only target I can choose to correct about this.

Clan and Omni have great players from both professions, they're mostly contested. But Fixer is the ONE profession where RK1 Clan always had the upper hand historically, for almost the entire duration of the game. As a fixer myself, I claim to play no part in that - this is not about me. I was a decent fixer but I learnt my stuff from the people I'm about to give credit to. And two of the biggest characters and pioneers and.. well, legends, if you will, amongst those clan fixers are Stromm, (the guy you amazingly fail to mention at all, who beat your beloved Togafix twice in duels, after reactivation from a long absence from the game, with outdated equipment and rusty knowledge of the game), and Tiamin who you mention "for some reason!!". Could that reason be that he basically indirectly taught every other fixer who played after 2004, including Stromm and Toga, how to play the game? At least you mention Yumemi, who i'd put as no.3, not because of anything at TL7 (because he was good, but not fantastic at that level) but because he played at every level, at one point in time, on a fixer.. and pretty much nailed it. Particularly at twink levels. Perhaps not all fixers realise this, but the reason that in 2014 you can build a fixer and know how to heal it effectively (to almost make up for the shocking survival toolset handed to us by FC), and know how to get the best out of our damage output in PvP, is because of Tiamin.

Hey, listen. I was Omni once too, and if we're talking about personal feelings, when I was Omni, Tiamin and Stromm came across like two *******s to me (I later got on with them well). But anyone thinking rationally, objectively and opening their eyes, who doesn't even have had to have played TL7 but knows someone who did during that era, recognised that Stromm and particularly Tiamin redefined Fixer PvP to an example which all later RK1 AND RK2 fixers followed in several elements of the game. And if that doesn't earn a legendary status in the game, then I don't know what does.
    It's a fixer thing he wouldn't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Herkulease View Post
    Carlie214 was a good keeper, but I don't know if they ever made any videos. I think they had a soldier too? Another friend I miss 8)
    Oh right, he was one of those.... God-like Keepers. Actually maybe better than Tehwired? Man there are so many people I'm remembering now after the fact. I'm just going to keep editing my original list...

Quote Originally Posted by Platypus135 View Post
    Can't help but notice no one else has posted their list.... It's just been 3 pages of arguing.
    Right...? "Let's just bash someone's opinion and not post our own list!" I honestly doubt we will see anything remotely close to an unbiased list and instead just lists to smite mine.

When I read the OP I thought "these threads didn't end pretty 10 years ago when PvP was active enough to judge people on the day's experiences, let alone in 2014". The meaning of the word "legend" is often disagreed upon, and I'd stress that not many players in AO could have earned such a status, but there's people naming their orgmates, best friends, players they miss, dead people.. even Srompu (bloody hell).

What an absolute car crash of a thread.
    No Clan, yet, seems to have a problem with the Clan portion of my list, go figure. They wouldn't dare discrediting an old friend. Yes, some of my best AO friends are on my list. Who would have thought that I would of befriended Srompu, a guy who griefed our tower sites on a daily basis. As for my Omni friends I named; you can't sit there and tell me that any respectable PvP'er of this era wouldn't name Shuj, Ix, Heartless, or Sal in their lists. If that isn't enough reason to show my picks were fair, maybe my history will be. You do remember that I wasn't the most liked person from my own organization let alone my faction and despised by most of the Clan faction, right? Even then I knew why. I wasn't softer to people just because they were in my guild or faction. Mcbjtbj or whatever her name was could tell you, from those years of her spying on SM in org chat and on vent that I, Heartless as well, weren’t so kind to our own org mates who claimed to be something that they weren’t in PvP, like claiming to be good when all they did was zerg for example. I've had people leave my org because of things like this. It normally started off with someone posting the remains of some good Clanner which is a pet-peeve of mine when the odds are in our favor. I have more examples, but hopefully for now this will do.

I don’t mind comments. If I can’t defend my points, well, maybe I need to think twice.
    I’ve started playing about a decade ago, yeah. I’ve taken many breaks ranging from weeks, months, to years at a time.
    Maybe I am a post-LE numbskull. I made the mistake of maining an MP. Even people like Highsummoner, Vojok, and Neverest might have been good pre-LE, but at their best they were just “good for an MP.” LE was the birthplace for the PvP’ing MP. I just got lucky I didn’t have to suffer too long with PvP MP pre-LE.

I completely agree, and like I said, the issue wasn’t coming up with Clan Fixer names, the issue was finding a good one that I thought was worthy of the bracket. “Quote to think of when making your list: It isn't about who did it first, it's about who did it right.” I won’t take away anything from what Tiamin did for the Fixer profession. You can make a list of “the most influential people in AO” and he would win that spot no contest. This list is about the best PvP’ers of what many people consider to be the most balanced time frame in AO and the most fun era which is no surprise since both always seem to go hand and hand. So we completely agree what Tiamin established and meant for the Fixer profession at the time. Now let’s move to the only thing that ultimately matters to me and this list, PvP.

Since AO has such a small community in comparison to almost every other MMO, when I say I have fought every Fixer from good to bad, I’m not joking. I only was able to come up with three names that I at first thought were worthy: Dodo0, Yumemi79, and Tiamin. Since I had to pick one, I was assuming it was going to be a close race between them all. It was weird going from three picks to none in a matter of minutes. Dodo0 was unique in the sense that he was a NM and had NM absorb, but as much fun as he was to fight, I can’t recall him ever giving me a challenge. So, I scratched Dodo0 off the list. Yumi also had a unique setup with his high HP. Unlike Dodo0, Yumi was able to actually move my HP bar while lasting longer than most. Sadly, I remember that I would stop bothering fighting Yumi on my MP and instead log my 2he Enf, which I was terrible with, in hopes of more of a challenge. Then I went 1hb on my Enf and, well, AO got comically easy. So, I scratched Yumi off the list. You will probably stone me for this, but no matter how many times I fought Tiamin, he would always fall for the my same tricks that every other fixer fell for back then. The way I used to fight fixers was very simple but it always worked. I would start by letting Fixers get me to ~50% HP before I would do real damage to them. This was when I would start running away pretending like I was just trying to stay alive, all while hitting them with mild damage. Once the Fixer was at around 50% hp, I would pop my burst of damage and /disco. He would get away from some of them because this was during my phase of never casting NSD because I thought it was a broken nano and I had some pride thing. But he would literally meep, come back, and I would repeat the same trick over and over and watch him not change his tactic whatsoever. So, I scratched Tiamin off the list.

I’m not talking about personal feelings. I thought I made that clear, me naming Spritney on two of his toons being the best example of that.

Slainkeep was hands down the best keeper I've ever seen in the history of the game, and he was Omni in tranq or hells heroes I believe. He was damn near unkillable when he had towers in a 1v1 situation, was absolutely incredible to watch him pvp honestly. And on top of that he was either solitus or opifex and I watched him survive 3 MR alphas during a keeper vs keeper duel
    Was he able to kill things like Carlie, though? Now that Herk brought him up, I remember Carlie looking at my MP and my toon splatting in a matter of seconds. Man, Keepers were my Achilles' heel.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    It's a fixer thing he wouldn't understand.
    I played Fixer! You're a meanie, Paf!

Quote Originally Posted by Platypus135 View Post
    This surprises you...?
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

I played Fixer! You're a meanie, Paf!
    Everyone has played a fixer by 2012

Okay, let's all have some honesty here for a second. Toboexxx was by far the best fixer of all time.

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Okay, let's all have some honesty here for a second. Toboexxx was by far the best fixer of all time.
    +1 for this.
    Shrikecurse 220/30/63 Nano-Technician
    Zeroblade 220/30/ ? Soldier
    Docterzero 220/25/70 Docter
    Warslam 219/29/65 Enforcer
    Lollygagger 164/22/36 Soldier
    Zetzu 220/27/70 Shade

Ofc picking Punks should be in the rules, as forbidden. Can't mix gods with men.
    Heaven's gate with a cameo by Stephen Hawking hardly constitutes a deity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    This surprises you...?
    Be grateful that I'm giving you purpose for the day.

Nice to see this thread isn't shut down yet for all the game related talk. The Anarrina I used to know would normally be subject game related talk to a lock.

Everyone has played a fixer by 2012
    Not as well at the two E's.

Pardon me taking this maybe to an extreme, but it says *PVP Legends* and to an old timer those are older players who's names caused shivers when I just started getting into the pvp range and the game was relatively new and exciting and and..
    This is not a list because I forgot probably more than half of the nicknames. It's been awhile.
    So just a few names that stuck in my memory despite what, 12 years? Holy sh...t :O

adv: Patk
    agent: Zerosignal (?), Cortez
    doc: Letah
    enf: Combateer, Supersoly
    NT: Ziel
    Trader: Nerfmee
    Fixer: Insida, Stromm
    Soldier: Garv
    MA: Rekido
    Last edited by Beamlord; Sep 3rd, 2014 at 11:00:55.
    Papabear 'Prejudiced' Primakoff
    RK1 Clan Godfather

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast