Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1 Free hour to activate GRACE

Quote Originally Posted by Oliveerz View Post
    I thought they stopped giving out free months? I haven't heard anyone receive any of those for the past at least two years.
    Hmm this is true, they always gave out a free month around the summer time. But for some reason they haven't. Maybe it is because they think the engine/balance/whatever will come out that year and want to give out a free month only when that stuff is released and not just hand out one randomly.

Generally the Idea is good but i would sugget some Limitations so it doesnt get abused.

- 20 minutes is more than enough
    - cant use perks or reset perks
    - cant atack Mobs or Players
    - can only write 1 message/minute to OOC or Shopping , but can chat freely inside Org or other Subscribed Chatgroups
    - cannot buff or be buffed
    - gets the Number of remaining Minutes in bright Orange where IGNORE is shown right now , as a reminder to himself and as warning to everyone else not to lend him Stuff.
    - 3 Tries , after those are used up a petition is need to refresh , autorefresh every 3 Months .
    MA 4 Life ... No matter how hard you try, you can't put us down.
    -----
    I dislike Multiboxes , Makros , Programmable Keyboards , Multiple Actions to 1Key-Binds << all of them simply do not fit my Idea of Gaming-Skills/Competition-Ethics .
    -----
    Dear Developers for Future scaling of Items & Nanorequiments please consider that :
    -there are Players below 220
    -there are Players without Towers
    -there are Players without full Org-Benefits
    -there are free Players

need 1 hour min and 3 Tries , after those are used up a petition is need to refresh , autorefresh every 3 Months .

don't think i've seen anyone suggest this yet, but maybe have grace items auto consume when mailed from a player to another player? that way you can still buy it from gmi but if your time runs out you can have a friend mail one of your characters a grace to activate your account. don't know exactly how these things work so i don't know if that's viable or not.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

People are going to abuse this to activate accounts they have no intention of playing in order to transfer gear from lapsed accounts, or stolen deactivated ones.
    OR to just sell/transfer a GRACE card from an account they arent going to reactivate.

Make the 1-hour period 72 hours to avoid tech glitches but not allow the character to transfer anything until they activate the GRACE.

If they want a GRACE card stuck on an account, make it petitionable to get it transferred to the account (so FC can check improprieties as a security measure. EVE didnt do this at first and got scammed hard by farmers on free 21-day trial accounts)
    Bitcoin and the ACA are Ponzi schemes. MMMmm, sounds like pizza.

Bump for using GRACEs from logging screen or account page (if Blizzard does it anybody can) since having a free hour or whatever time might be source of far too much problems.

Being forced to subscribe one month to be able to use GRACE is the worth scam ever made live.
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

Bump pls michi!!!
    Number
    Sliza
    Chewy

ATM thats the most important change to AO so i support this.
    Asasello, Sottcapo, Ciex, Rychu, Ciek, Zomowiec, Ciekafsky, Rysiek, Chinaski, Libertarian, Propertarian.

added that item steal issue in the original post.
    Garden keys can be bought from the key locked garden vendor in case you have deleted your key.

+1
    But a free day is too much, really. 4 hours, that subsequently are subtracted from the 30 days, like EVE does it sound much more sensible.
    And it depends on how the account system works, if implementing this is easy or too-difficult-to-bother.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Not long ago we didnt have grace at All. But I would reccomend a free day every 6th saturday, for people to come check out AO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

14 months later's bump !
    220/70/30 OpiFix - Useless PVM Ex RK Queen
    220/80/30 TroxDoc - Alpha Brain @soon !
    220/80/30 SoliEngi - TSing everything
    220/70/30 SoliTrader - MA >>>> Shottie
    220/80/30 Crat - Why the hell do other profs still exist ?

And tons of alts !

Quote Originally Posted by orochi3 View Post
    Maybe not 1 free hour, might cause item stealing etc, as people have noted.
    I assume that by "item stealing" you mean using a temporary activation to transfer items/credits from a cancelled accounts to an active account without intending to use a GRACE?

To my knowledge this can be done in Eve actually. I've transfered ISK (credits) like that once, but not sure if it can be done with items also. However, you can only use a temporary activation once after a finished subscription cycle iirc.
    Avari 220/30/80 - Araghos 220/30/80 - Shishido 220/30/7x - Araninn 220/30/80

Quote Originally Posted by Tergx
    If one of the few traders are PvPing around you and land GTH on you, take a trip to decon and it will be gone. What's the big deal hehe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12