Thread: Are all the Dev's on holiday.....

Are all the Dev's on holiday.....

Is it me or did FC just throw the latest changes on test then go on holiday??.

1) As far as I can tell all the posts since latest patch to test, not once have I seen a dev reply to anything.

2) Monthly update 2nd August, did they hide that, as I cant find it.

3) Has there been any communication from FC at all, I know its normally sparse (if at all).

Just wondering is it me or have FC left the building...

Well Genele actually responded to 3 posts I think.
    Michizure and Macrosun can be found on Test. Seen Genele there twice as well.

We got a major patchnotes post, I guess that replaces the Dev Update, as it speaks for itself.
    Last edited by Baby; Aug 16th, 2014 at 11:34:14.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Maybe I need to look harder, but I cant find them posts.

Also I understand the patch notes on test, but why is there no normal monthly update in the community corner, for all those that are not on test or have no interest in testing.

I am looking at it from a non testing perspective, seems no mention, even a copy and paste with a bit of text stating what they are doing.

Also why is there no recent docs or a basic roadmap for these changes, so we can see that this is part 1 of 20 changes to happen over the next 12 months (I know maybe 5 years, who knows).

Click on the Dev tracker in the menu, you'll find all posts by Devs

Well frankly, I don't see why any Dev should have made a post with a link to the patchnotes post. It doesn't matter if you're on Test or not, you can still read the same forum as everyone who is on there.

Well a patch has been released on Test. Now, people will test it, give feedback, Devs will read and think about it. Maybe work on it. There is no point in making a post with future plans (people will rage at anyway), when there is a current job to do. Devs can't work on two things at the same time. Let the patch settle in, then we'll get new updates.
    Last edited by Baby; Aug 16th, 2014 at 11:44:24.

I just would have thought a message stating what is going on, to the community as a monthly update.

I am not disputing the actual patch and debugging process (I have mixed views on), but there should be a basic document at least, letting people know that there is planned 20 patches going to happen over the next xx years. basic stuff really.

that way people can see this is a small part of a bigger picture and have some timescale of when it will all come together.

They just don't care for our opinions so they don't bother replying. Coupled with their general lack of knowledge of this game's content and mechanics, any attempt to answer any advanced/endgame question they would just humiliate themselves even more giving them more reason to stay quiet.

There's a reason why all the posts in dev tracker you find are replies to small bugs, visual glitches and random chitchat. No comments on the debalance and the hundreds of questions it spawned because, as the testlive changes blatantly show, they have no idea what they're doing. The only "big plan" is to keep AO (funcom's minimal maintenance cash cow game) on life support.

We the players are mushrooms to FunCom, they keep us in the dark and feed us BS.

Funcom have had issues with their working conditions since 2008, and today they are understaffed.
    Acording to ex-Funcom employees these are the reason why most of employees left the company:

"The claims of those who have left the company goes on very long hours, work on weekends and red days, flaming, unpaid overtime and illegal employment."

A former Funcom employee had 1200 hours overtime, and another colapsed at his desk, and was sick for 1 week.

If there is someone to blame, then it is Funcoms management that should be blamed, not Funcom employees.

Source:
    http://www.side3.no/2468351.html
    http://www.dagbladet.no/2008/12/11/k...miljo/4003653/
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

I just cant understand, making these huge changes knowing the upset (to vets mostly) it will cause, they have just had a large influx of money from the 'GRACE' system, only to potentially loose it in the next breath.

I assume FC has a plan that they are working to, just would be nice to get even a tiny glimpse at it.

This is not a rant regarding at the changes, I can see that hopefully it will result in a better game, but I have no idea when that will be, 1 month or 5 years.

I believe people would be much happier to stick with it and wait it out, if they knew how long they had to wait.

Dear Angry Anarchy Online gamers,

I suspect the major changes recently made by Funcom is one of their plan of getting new players to Anarchy Online.
    Because there is bigger chance for newbies to subscribe 12 months+++ subs, than a veteran.
    Most veterans are harder to be satisfied, and will complains about almost everything.

It is time for us veterans to wish Funcom goodluck, and let newbies enjoy Anarchy online like we did, and hopefully the newbies can keep AO cash flow positiv, and alive.

Best Regards
    . . . everything in creation is impermanenT

Quote Originally Posted by UNIDENTIFIED View Post
    Dear Angry Anarchy Online gamers,

I suspect the major changes recently made by Funcom is one of their plan of getting new players to Anarchy Online.
    Because there is bigger chance for newbies to subscribe 12 months+++ subs, than a veteran.
    Most veterans are harder to be satisfied, and will complains about almost everything.

It is time for us veterans to wish Funcom goodluck, and let newbies enjoy Anarchy online like we did, and hopefully the newbies can keep AO cash flow positiv, and alive.

Best Regards
    This.
    I just canceled my 2 accounts. 3 more month of playing, then bye.

To many questions, and non answer from FC.
    This is simply unacceptable. They only know how to grab more money from us, and don't know how to satisfy their customer.

We don't even know who to blame.
    Genele ? Big lack of communication on what's going
    Dev ? They don't know how this game work anymore
    FC ? yes for sure.

AO has been locked in a basement, and they just trow it some old bred with water from time to time, so it stay alive, but remain very weak.

It's time to play an other game.

Looking forward for Repopulation.
    Last edited by Hide; Aug 16th, 2014 at 15:42:44.

I didn't want this as a I hate FC or I'm going to rage quit thread.

All I intended was to try and pry a small piece of basic information out of FC.

I can accepts almost and nerf to my toons, providing I can see a glimpse of the bigger picture, to see that's its going to balance out at some stage.

Or I can say ok the changes will take 6 months, so I can go away and come back when its done.

Guess I am asking too much (sigh)

Every thread turns into a "I hate FC" or "I'm going to cancel all my accounts" thread.

Even if this was a thread about Ferguson, it would be Funcoms fault, and people will cancel their accounts.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    Every thread turns into a "I hate FC" or "I'm going to cancel all my accounts" thread.

Even if this was a thread about Ferguson, it would be Funcoms fault, and people will cancel their accounts.
    did you take the blue pill ?