Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: If you're adjusting bot drop rates

If you're adjusting bot drop rates

Can we also get some cool new stuff on armour as well?

Lets seeeeeee....

How about:

Spiritual gives: Cost, nano pool, max nano, nano delta, nano resist, heal eff, and nano damage %, nano init

Enduring gives: 2x original max health, 2x original Body dev, heal delta (a decent chunk), more AC's

Also, set bonuses:

Full CC set: enables passive offensive commando proc: 10% chance on hit for 50AAO 100 Add all damage (30s duration)

Full CSS set: enables passive offensive sharpshooter proc: 10% chance on hit for 50 all ranged special skills, 100 evades (30s duration)

Full CM set: enables passive offensive meatshield proc: 10% chance for 1000 max health, 50 heal delta, 3% reflect (30s duration)

Full CS set: enables passive offensive exterminator proc: 10% chance for 50 all nano skills, 5% nano damage, 100 NR

Full CO set: enables passive offensive nano handler proc: 10% chance for 50 all nano skills, 5% nano damage, 50 nano delta

Full CP set: enables passive offensive 'feeling robust' proc: 10% chance for 1000 max health, 1000 max nano, 50 HD, 50 nano delta

Only if the proc shares the same nanoline as wrangle, or else it will revolutionize twinking once again.
    Valhall Guardians

Thapetowner 220 Meta-Physicist
    Hyimoliver 220 Soldier
    Ihatemyself 200 Shade
    Hardcore 200 Adventurer
    Ilovetokill 170 Agent
    Ilovetodrain 150 Trader
    Oxiahe 150 Doctor
    Critterz 150 Martial-Artist
    Awaaa 74 Soldier

Nah, I am againts it - It would be better for Tier3 armor.
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

Making Spiritual more desirable would obviously be great, but all that would be a bit much. From your list adding heal eff and nano dmg seem the most sensible to me, but how much at ql70? How much at ql300?

Enduring doesn't need that kind of boost at all.

The full set-bonus proc is a terrible idea. That kind of incentive would just hurt variety in setups and make adding any new gear in the future problemaaaaaaatic.

A little question here ... what does "adjusted" mean here ... will bots drop more often?

Well they can hardly drop less often, can they?

I would suppose that the rates may have been tweaked upwards as part of economy deflation measures (get creds moving around, not stockpiling). Or maybe that the % chance of each type dropping is changing (and perhaps type of general spawning too).

Either way prepare for moar Spiritual bots!

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union

Quote Originally Posted by Ophiuchus View Post
    Well they can hardly drop less often, can they?
    That's true. Did between 200 - 300 city raids with my 220 main, and didnt get even one single supple ql 240+!! (even just 1 under ql 240)
    Almost wanted to petition that very bad luck :P
    It always is the best:

Kaphtorim - 220/70/30 Keeper - General of Damage Inc - Red Tigers

I would like to know what % michi changed it to, so i can provide feedback if its working as intended i also expect to be invited to ship even if i raid alone
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Tweaked up or down? Well the RNG god was my friend this month.. 12 raids, 5 bots, only 1 spiri

I hope adjust mean worst drop rate. AI armor is ridiculously cheap and prices still going down. I thought AI armour is one of them items that suppose to be rare. Well as far as I remember, when AI expansion came, some dev say that AI armour will be rare and just few players may have whole set. (or something like that)

finished my first city after the patch - 3 NCU, 3 gloves, friction jelly. business as usual
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

I definitely agree with a buff for enduring & spiritual. Maybe not those exact numbers, but something along the lines of caster support that isn't just "more nanoskills" would be very cool. My main concern would be those buffs making it to the combined sets though, which really don't need to be buffed (apart from officer's & paramedic's). I don't really like the idea of set bonuses either, I think that would just encourage cookie-cutter setups and discourage creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by valfar View Post
    I hope adjust mean worst drop rate. AI armor is ridiculously cheap and prices still going down. I thought AI armour is one of them items that suppose to be rare. Well as far as I remember, when AI expansion came, some dev say that AI armour will be rare and just few players may have whole set. (or something like that)
    The problem is that balancing something on rarity is and always has been a very, very bad idea. The metagame is already firmly settled around AI armor, its "rarity" really doesn't do anything for the balance of the game at all.

Quote Originally Posted by valfar View Post
    And it was, nine years ago. In days without multiple personal farm cities and higher population there was more competition for the ones that dropped, and more types of combined were considered useful in a world pre-LE stat buffed.

Buff up spiritual and enduring armor, give it magic somekind. Like epic nanodelta, nanodamage, whatever. I hate seing Ql 300 spiritual go for 3M.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Did anyone noticed a regression with 18.8.1 ? According to my notes, I had 4/8 in 18.8.0 and 0/13 since 18.8.1 (solo, so ground only)
    No further significant work is expected to be done on this project going forward.

I've got 100% droprate (1 raid) so i don't see a problem

On a more serious note, IF you want to pull statistics do at least 1000 raids or so to see a trend, i'de like to know what Michi changed it to.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

I've gotten more spiritual bots than I know what to do with, one obs bots, and that's it.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    Can we also get some cool new stuff on armour as well?

Lets seeeeeee....

How about:

Spiritual gives: Cost, nano pool, max nano, nano delta, nano resist, heal eff, and nano damage %, nano init

Enduring gives: 2x original max health, 2x original Body dev, heal delta (a decent chunk), more AC's

Also, set bonuses:

Full CC set: enables passive offensive commando proc: 10% chance on hit for 50AAO 100 Add all damage (30s duration)

Full CSS set: enables passive offensive sharpshooter proc: 10% chance on hit for 50 all ranged special skills, 100 evades (30s duration)

Full CM set: enables passive offensive meatshield proc: 10% chance for 1000 max health, 50 heal delta, 3% reflect (30s duration)

Full CS set: enables passive offensive exterminator proc: 10% chance for 50 all nano skills, 5% nano damage, 100 NR

Full CO set: enables passive offensive nano handler proc: 10% chance for 50 all nano skills, 5% nano damage, 50 nano delta

Full CP set: enables passive offensive 'feeling robust' proc: 10% chance for 1000 max health, 1000 max nano, 50 HD, 50 nano delta
    i like the idea. procs might be a bit much but it wouldn't bother me.
    Former Assistant Director of Pack of Noobs

Fake Friday with Means, and it worked!

Quote Originally Posted by sultryvoltron View Post
    I've gotten more spiritual bots than I know what to do with, one obs bots, and that's it.
    Update: doing ground + ship every time I'm up to 5x spiritual, 1x obs, 3x supple in about 25 raids.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

9/25 bots is 36%

That's exactly in the 'plausible' range for what I'd expect given a 10% drop rate.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast