Thread: AS & FA Cooldowns

AS & FA Cooldowns

Did some pvp on test-live last night in miners pvp zone. Seems like there were about 10 of us running around killing eachother, and out of that 10 were about 6 fixers. All just no skill running around just mashing their specials... fling, burst, aimed shot, full auto to kill everything. I do have to say that I am enjoying the fact that I am no longer getting capped by FA and AS every 11 seconds but it is still OP in my opinion.

What ever happened to the change where FA and AS would be in the same cooldown line? I know fixers and soldier rely on AS sometimes. But why not put AS and FA into the same global cooldown and then throw them another dmg perk or something to compensate for the damage loss..

Kind of discouraged from last nights pvp... it's just like live... x3 fixers running around rooting you and then MRing you/special you to death.

Welcome to Fixer's Online. I'll be rolling a fixer now. thx.

Well, ok... but did you forget that it is FC running the game.. do you think the changes on test right now are the final changes they'll ever make. Be patient, alot of the changes right now may be discouraging, but I am pretty sure alot more changes will be added, so trox fixers will probably not end up as the end-all-profession you currently experience. It's a rebalance, the "problem" is it's not all added at once, it's an ongoing process.
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

Eh the number of times people whined how fixers are OP because they died alone against 3 of them.

I can already tell you what's going to happen. You will ding 220 on your fixer, gear it up, realize that missing every other fullauto because attack rating on that special is really low, AS averaging at 1k damage and having weapons with two different damage types isn't all that spectacular. Then you will a)stop playing the fixer b)"need help killing xy" in which case I suggest you bookmark your own post and come back to it.

or just roll advy and tank 3 fixers
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

That is exactly what I am doing Difs. I put some thought into it, I currently play a trox shade on test-live. I find that if I am going up vs. 3 fixers, I will only be able to obviously kill one of them with MR. But then I find myself getting AS'd, burst, and FA'd to death while chain rooted... lol I guess when it comes down to it, there actually isn't going to be a balance when it's 3 vs 1. I think an MR advy would put up a much bigger fight against high evade professions.

Quote Originally Posted by Phorum View Post
    Welcome to Fixer's Online. I'll be rolling a fixer now. thx.
    that is so 2012.

seriously, if you think you shouldn't be killed by 3 people, roll an advy. and if you think that tanking three people is "balance", maybe fc has a job offer for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phorum View Post
    What ever happened to the change where FA and AS would be in the same cooldown line? I know fixers and soldier rely on AS sometimes.
    It appears that the problem you experienced have a lot more to do with MR than FA/AS. On my non-atrox fixer I only cap FA on really low evade profs (or those who didnt bother with evades), and onehander AS is just a gamble at best. However in fights with an atrox (insert any prof here), I am easily perked and capped both with burst and FA, evades as defense become meaningless.
    General of First Order

While I should not be able to tank 3 players in any game. MR isn't hard to defend against, it all comes down to your reaction time. If you play defensively and wait for them to MR and you pop evasive stance, you SHOULD be able to be unperkable by normal perks but may however get perked by AI perks. By doing this, hopefully you can kill the trox player before their MR comes back up in 2 mins..

I play trox shade on test-live. I can't tell you how many times I pop MR right away and try to insta stun the target... and they've somehow already got evasive stance up and I can't perk and from there it's basically /gg.

@doniger: explain. how is this a problem related to MR? you think a shade should outlast three fixers, and what makes not happen is MR? Seriously, the arguments people make these days are more keyword driven than anything else.

@phorum: I see what this is about. Try a more defensive setup or predraining.

Make def mitigate damage by reducing its impact, not removing its impact.

Then MR can go the way of the dodo.

Make FA recharge improved, dont force us to equip every freaking FA buffing item to ever exist to get close to capping and landing FA.

Shades are indeed candidates for a supreme nerfage, some may argue a little overdue.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    @doniger: explain. how is this a problem related to MR?
    Because the OP said this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Phorum
    Kind of discouraged from last nights pvp... it's just like live... x3 fixers running around rooting you and then MRing you/special you to death.
    Which translates into that the x3 fixers he complained about were in fact atroxes. Now as Pafpuf has already explained, fixer FA and AS are really unreliable at best (my own experiences lead me to the same conclusion) UNLESS you are an atrox. MR gives you 1500 addalloff and suddenly you are in a position to cap burst, FA and AS, which for most spells immediate death.

The suggestion to put AS and FA on the same cooldown may solve the problem with the atrox fixers, but has the drawback of ruining it for other breeds. Solving the source of the problem seems to be a much better solution.

To state the obvious, since you were not able to grasp it; no one should survive 3 to 1, but there is a big difference to being slowly defeated by superior numbers, than to be instantly killed in a fraction of a second. Yes you will still most likely die anyway, but you might have a chance to escape, or maybe survive long enough for help to arrive.
    General of First Order

oh. i see. three fixers with ao may not kill you in seconds (fraction of a second is for additional drama i assume), but e.g. 3 nts may? or enfs? or soldiers?

Quote Originally Posted by Xootch View Post
    oh. i see. three fixers with ao may not kill you in seconds (fraction of a second is for additional drama i assume), but e.g. 3 nts may? or enfs? or soldiers?
    Huh?
    Last edited by Doniger; Aug 23rd, 2014 at 01:14:05.
    General of First Order