Thread: sneak attack and back stab icon

sneak attack and back stab icon

Can someone please tell me why they have time to build new icons but not enough time to make them look different from each other. Also if I was a new player, I would be a bit confused why my melee specials sneak attack and backstab icons appear as a sniper scope?

pls why

As much as I appreciate new icons and the "modernizing" thing, I too, get irked by icons that look too similar that you can't differentiate what they are.

I actually don't give two craps about what the icons look like. All an icon NEEDS to be is clear:

this one makes you sit.
    this one makes you swing your sword.
    this one makes you run.
    this one makes you fire all your bullets.

etc. but fancy graphics and all that are completely lost on most people and most machines because people couldn't care less about the details of an icon, as long as it's READABLE.

I think the real obvious thing is to make basic icons, but then make the action title hover above the players head so you can see him doing stuff.

Brawl, fast attack, full auto etc. are nice, but how about a perk alpha?

I think even stuff like a weapon swap should be visible above the players head.

It could even go as far as: Changed ring! Changed hud 3! Changed backpiece! Changed Bracer!

As I swap to a more offense for an alpha or something. I think it's just a bit more interactive. maybe others have different opinions but a big part of good gaming is how information is relayed. Ya, maybe that's too much information, but w/e could be cool. same with nano casts.

Quote Originally Posted by Phorum View Post
    Can someone please tell me why they have time to build new icons but not enough time to make them look different from each other. Also if I was a new player, I would be a bit confused why my melee specials sneak attack and backstab icons appear as a sniper scope?

pls why
    What was wrong with old ones? I mean yes, perks could use bit more work, but one really shouldn't change things for just to changes them if it doesn't make it better.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Like everyone else is saying... We don't care what the icon looks like as long as we can definitively tell what they are for.

When I use SA on test-live, the icon is dark and I cannot even tell that I used it because the grayed out part blends in with the regular icon....