Thread: New Neutral RP Org?

New Neutral RP Org?

So it seems, to my dismay, that there isn't a neutral-aligned RP org active at the moment, so I thought I'd see if there's interest among the faction. I know neutral RPers are out there, sort of scattered by nature across non-RP orgs (and I'm one of them) but I'd be on board to put together a neutral RP org and help organize things if others would be on board?

Of course, I don't want to go in half-cocked, so to speak, as with any such project, the success or failure is in the quality and commitment of the membership.

Omni has Omni-Pol (and several others), the Clan has Assmebly and CoT... Is there interest is rallying up the neutrals for RP?
    Last edited by Krisalee; Aug 13th, 2014 at 23:39:56.
    Aldebaran "Krisanthe" Fairchild, Director
    Krisaata "Krisalee" Liandra, Communications Officer
    Kathryn "Krisaria" Fairchild, Medical Officer

== THE HOMESTEAD ACCORD ==
    Exploration - Colonization - Commerce

http://www.homesteadaccord.org/

I personally think it would be cool to have a neutral RP org, maybe centred around Newland or something. I would imagine it would be easier for a new neut RPer to get involved in the story if there were a small org of neutrals.

I've always been sad to see that Omni and Clan have at least one org but the neutrals have none anymore, but as you said, "scattered by nature" may factor into the lack of an org. Also, you guys need the NLCC meeting back up.
    Omni-AF

Only suggestion I can offer for the neutral RP oriented orgs, is to see if you can connect up with some of the active people as noted here http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=604856

But the other comment I wanted to make, is that the NLCC was never supposed to be a Neutral in general meeting. It was a NEWLAND group. Every other neutral interest tried to get into the middle of it (much to the dismay of Mayor King I might add), but their focus was always Newland. Hopefully when neutral players get things rolling again, it will be more in the scope of a NEUTRAL group - and I had discussed this a bit with Agrestus who is the Neutral RP representative, and he concurs. What we both see as a better general direction for Neutrals, is when they get together again, there will be a general meeting, more like the ICC sponsored or something, that will include representatives from Newland, but also possibly representatives from Borealis, Last Ditch, and other neutral areas/groups.

There has recently arrived on Rubi-Ka a new ICC diplomat named Daniel Larbin, who I am sure would be more than happy to help with such an endeavor if it gets underway.
    Coordinator Ninanna. LTC Team Lead

Current effective emails: Ninanna@ark.AOark.info, ark.Ninanna@gmail.com
    or for Mmir the Events AD: Mirr@ark.AOark.info, arkmmirad@gmail.com
    Events Department, Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    To Email Events Department

Thanks for the reply, Ninanna! I know several of the neutrals on the big list there, and I'll definitely be reaching out. I do feel that a smallish group would probably be best (for me, anyway), and I also concur that something encompassing all Neutral interests and not just one city / area. I'll toss some ideas together, and maybe toss Agrestus a PM, and see what we can come up with.
    Last edited by Krisalee; Aug 14th, 2014 at 05:48:54.

Given how each neutral has their own interests, own agendas, and own morals, It'll be damn hard to make an org that bundles them all together in one pot. I've got a few neutral orgs lying around that I'm happy to recruit people to, such as the IRRK Freelance Reporter org for IRRK reporters, The Phoenix Fortune for the entrepreneurial/morally ambiguous neutrals and so on.

There's two options I can think of at the top of my head.

The first option is to drop all the sub-orgs and create a collective organisation for all neutrals as more of an OOC benefit than an IC identity. You'd lose a bit of variety from the neutrals and make it a touch more difficult for outsiders to understand we come in many flavours, but have the upside of all being together.

The second option is to keep the different flavours of neutrality intact, but create a link between the orgs using bots, so that you can keep the org name that identifies your "neutral flavour", but the bots allow us to talk in an org channel and have it relayed to the other neutral RP orgs instantly. I experimented with this org relay between the DoI and Omni-Pol a while back and it worked perfectly.

If I were to decide, I'd go for the second option, but that's up for discussion, and we'd probably need Novagen's help for that.
    = Captain "Arthazar" Harcrow (Captain of The Phoenix Fortune)
    = Reporter "Lucetta" Phoenix (IRRK Freelance Reporter)
    = Sir "Sterlings" Furlocke (The Old English Trading Co.)
    = Dr. Malcom "Cormack" Ardman (University of Borealis)
    = "Paulon" McPhasefront, "Georj" Hairyson, "Johnar" Lemon & "Morninn" Starr (The Leetles)
    = "Gridfeed" (Camera Drone)
    = Director "Dartello" Marello (Black-Net)
    = DCI "Validius" Hunt (Department of Investigations)
    = DS John "Streller" (Department of Investigations)

= Major "Jimako" Jones (OTAF)
    = Mack "Teffler" Falloway (Clan hunter/trader)

Oh, I don't aspire to sum up neutrality in a single org, just to create a haven for those who do wish to RP, but certainly don't wish to lump even just the IC ones together under a collective umbrella.

I've thought a lot about how to keep the org 'flavor free' as much as possible by not linking it with a particular idea or city, and I kept coming back to the word I used in my first sentence: Haven. Just a place where you can make your own way when you don't fit anywhere else. It doesn't cover all neutrals, because nothing could, but it's pretty open.

Ideally it'd be an acronym, that's still a little up in the air. Right now I'm going with "Homestead Accord & Vision for Economic Neutrality" but I'm not entirely sold on it. We'll see.

I do very much like that you have other options for Neutrals. Perhaps Haven is a better name for an alliance than an individual org?

Finally, the idea of a bot linking all the neutral RP orgs is a fantastic idea.

Very much a proof-of-concept WIP here. There are lots of things to flesh out yet, but I wanted to get the neutral community's take on this as it develops:

http://homestead-ao.weebly.com/

The language on the website is very touchy feely and positive but in my head this is an org that could certainly be quite vicious, politically, to protect its own interests, remaining clear of the ongoing conflict on the surface while being inextricably embroiled in it behind closed doors.

Also, the forum is awful and is just a placeholder.

UPDATE: I've changed the name from HAVEN to The Homestead Accord. Clever acronyms be damned.
    Last edited by Krisalee; Aug 16th, 2014 at 14:52:53.

Welp, the deed is done. The org is founded!

I'll work up a recruitment ad shortly, but in the meantime, any Neutrals looking for an RP org let me know.

Also, could 'The Homestead Accord' be added to the list of RP orgs? Pretty please?

A little more info:

Ostensibly, the organization is for protecting neutral interests and preventing political entanglements from impeding neutral commerce. Under the surface, THA's commitment to protecting the privacy of its members also serves nicely as a cover for smuggling less-than-legal goods with very few travel restrictions, something the founders (and presumably some members) are fairly heavily involved with (my Fixer has always been something of a smuggler and thief, and this is sort of her brainchild).

That said, the org is certainly open to non-criminal types. The illicit side of the business is well obfuscated, and members who aren't engaged in illegal activity may only know they're part of an organization whose goals include protecting neutral interests, and wouldn't be wrong, but I suspect most would know that some 'victimless crimes' (as far as you know) were happening, at least.
    Last edited by Krisalee; Aug 18th, 2014 at 17:15:05.

So is Shattered Dreams wholly dormant? They were a focussed RP org.

As for lumping all neutral orgs together, wasn't that the goal of ALLNEUTS?
    Dagget
    President,
    Venice Academy

I will reply on that, as I have an alt in Shattered Dreams. The active members are pretty tied up in Real Life at the moment. Long work hours and all that. Just a little under the wire at the moment, but more or less still around. Even so, the concept behind this new organization is kinda cool.
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold

Good to know, Stanimir. It was never my intention to try to take the place of SD or NLCC or any of the other Neutral RP focused orgs. There's room for more than one
    Aldebaran "Krisanthe" Fairchild, Director
    Krisaata "Krisalee" Liandra, Communications Officer
    Kathryn "Krisaria" Fairchild, Medical Officer

== THE HOMESTEAD ACCORD ==
    Exploration - Colonization - Commerce

http://www.homesteadaccord.org/

Indeed there is. I love seeing the various names people come up with and the backstories to their orgs.
    Stanimir Borgeski (203/30/48) - General in Clan Stronghold