Thread: FJRK: Vanguard cargo ships blow up over Andromeda

FJRK: Vanguard cargo ships blow up over Andromeda

August 12th 29488

Two Vanguard cargo ships exploded shortly after take-off earlier today. The vessels were bringing supplies to the Sunrise and Morningstar spacestations.

Eyewitnesses saw two bright lights appear in the sky above the ICC shuttleport about ten seconds apart. One witness described the explosions like this; "It looked like a ball of lightning, followed by three or four loud booms."

The burning and broken wrecks fell to the ground, though the largest pieces of debris landed in the Andromeda lake or the Stret river. All crew members reclaimed safely, but both ships and all cargo were completely destroyed.

Within hours after the incident, most of the debris had been transported back to a Vanguard hangar, and the airspace over ICC was re-opened.

Vanguard released a press statement later in the day saying that initial examinations give strong indications that both ships were destroyed due to detonations in the cargo hulls, likely from hidden explosives in one or more of the cargo containers. They are now issuing a full investigation, and details are kept confidential until further notice.
    Last edited by Editor: FJRK; Aug 14th, 2014 at 13:44:15. Reason: Misleading heading

Thank goodness the crew survived...too many incidents these days seem to be accompanied by mysterious insurance errors...
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

The article's title seems confused. The piece doesn't mention any missiles fired at the ships, though says they were shot down. Are details being left out?
    Andrew Phillips
    Omni-Reform
    Truth is Power

Clan Envoy of the Omni Organisation Committee
    Reporter for the Omni-Tek Press Corp

How very unfortunate, i am always saddened when non-employees reclaim correctly.
    Officer "Agentcora" Geers - Permakilled </3
    Administrator "Navarl" - OT-OC Administator
    Sheriff Dalten "Basley" Rooster - Omni-Pol
    Fylakas "Aggelos" - Shadowlands Resident
    Janice "Gowski"- IRRK Reporter

Quote Originally Posted by Agentcora View Post
    How very unfortunate, i am always saddened when non-employees reclaim correctly.
    And i'm always saddened when you reclaim correctly.

( I'm siding with Encyros on this one, and it still confuses me. The title says shot down, yet in the body of the article there were internal explosions. )
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Towerblock View Post
    ( I'm siding with Encyros on this one, and it still confuses me. The title says shot down, yet in the body of the article there were internal explosions. )
    (Looks like they have changed the header now, in the article at least)

( Yeah I saw that, but to elaborate, the title still reads)

FJRK: Vanguard cargo ships shot down over Andromeda
    August 12th 29488
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

(Editor cleared up the article title, I cleared up the forum thread title -- hope that helps)
    Coordinator Ninanna. LTC Team Lead

Current effective emails: Ninanna@ark.AOark.info, ark.Ninanna@gmail.com
    or for Mmir the Events AD: Mirr@ark.AOark.info, arkmmirad@gmail.com
    Events Department, Advisors of Rubi-Ka
    To Email Events Department

(thanks Nina. I know we must sound like picky arseholes, but you prolly understand all too well how tenacious we are about certain things. *hug* )
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...