Thread: Engineer Pet Nano Changes

Engineer Pet Nano Changes

I've seen this discussed in several threads but figured it was worth its own topic.

The consensus seems to be that engineer pet nanos were going to be consolidated the way MP pets were. As in, we'd only have general Automaton/Android/Gladiatorbot/Warbot/Slayerdroid/Etc nanos, with pet level within that range being determined by our nanoskills instead of having Feeble/Upgraded/Semi-Sentient/Etc nanos individually.

As of the testlive update, this has not yet happened, and what's more, fresh Engineers in the NPE are only provided with their basic level 1 automaton, which is next to useless, to carry them through the entire NPE which can easily go to level 15-20. This effectively removes the most critical aspect of the class from the entire beginning period. I can understand if the leveling changes to the nanos are still being implemented, but there needs to be something done to address this and get these Engineers pets. A simple reinstatement of the noob island starter nano pack would fix the issue in the interim.

I would also like to ask whether our mechdog line will see the same changes, IE pet level changing depending on nanoskills. Our limited number of mechdog nanos has been a long-standing complaint, especially between level 100 and level 175. It gets better after level 200, but for a significant portion of the Engineer's career his secondary pet is gray to him.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Bump
    Please give Engineers also better pets

I still want the Suicide Bot they experimented with as part of SL... I'm sure a solution exists for the "killed Sirillion in one hit" problem.

Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.