Thread: Removed skills and buffing iimplants

Removed skills and buffing iimplants

I noticed an unintended consequence of the removal of map nah and swimming on Test live. The clusters for these stats no longer exist, and this causes problems when trying to assemble certain implants and make the require certain stats. For example, it was pretty common to add a swimming cluster to a right-arm shiny assault rifle imp to make it require stamina. Just throwing this out there.
    Slowly, one by one, the penguins rob me of my sanity
    Anualken Gimped old engineer.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Old Engineers never die... they only fade away.

Good point! I hadn't considered this either.

Being able to modify a base stat of an implant with those clusters was VERY useful. I wonder if that's been thought of by the Devs...
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Was Swimming or Map Nav ever the Only cluster in a location that would modify the attribute needed to equip the implant to the one you wanted?

If it was then FC only needs to cause a different cluster to do the same.

Emma

Swimming was the only one that would make an assault rifle right-arm use Stamina. I'll look at some other combinations. I remember map nah being another to make a something require something.

Is Nanonanny still current by the way? Most recent version I found was 2004 and some of my results were different on a set I made the other day.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Re NanoNanny, the version I use is 0.6.0, fwiw.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

That's the version I have from '04. Generally correct, but had one imp come out requiring Psy instead of Agility XD

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Most accurate is using Auno's equip planner, as the result it generates is backed by an actual DB entry, whereas the implant designer uses the algorithm for values which is sometimes incorrect.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Thanks! I'll give it a try.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    Most accurate is using Auno's equip planner, as the result it generates is backed by an actual DB entry, whereas the implant designer uses the algorithm for values which is sometimes incorrect.
    And always check the actual item, not the given stats.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by revenant342 View Post
    Is Nanonanny still current by the way? Most recent version I found was 2004 and some of my results were different on a set I made the other day.
    I am using implantHelper because it also has symbiants and a shopping list, but it also gives the same results regarding the assault rifle implant and stamina.

http://www.lastmanut.pwp.blueyonder....anthelper.html
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Okay, been through Implant Helper and Auno implant planner to verify (Thanks!), and it appears that Map Navigation doesn't leave any holes, nor does the loss of Shiny or Faded Swimming clusters. All have alternative clusters that can give the same requirements.

However, the loss of the Bright Swimming cluster makes it impossible to create a Right-Arm Imp for anything but Shiny Strength with a Stamina req. Shiny clusters affected are 1HE, 1HB, 2HE, 2HB, Assault Rifle, Bow, B&E, Burst, Flingshot, Fullauto, Grenade, Heavy Weapons, MG/SMG, Piercing, and Shotgun.

These imps can still be made with a Strength req, which is equally easy to buff, but this specific slot conflicts with the Shiny Strength cluster so you'll lose up to 55 points of "twink" at QL200. With the broad array of weapon and special skills affected, this is a problem.
    Last edited by revenant342; Aug 13th, 2014 at 08:17:52.

Omni-Tek Protects.
    Me, as drawn my MrFli.