Thread: Found a NoName item?

Found a NoName item?

EDIT: Turns out you can't drag&drop NoName items. Please report the bug normally TL Bug Reporting Forums including shift+f9 output.
    See also this post by Genele.

Hey.

If you've found a NoName item, please retrieve information as explained further down this post, and report it in the TL Bug Reporting Forums.

To retrieve the necessary information about such an item, please /tell Itemsbot !item stats <drop item here>
    Itemsbot will then give you the information necessary for the devs to figure out which item wasn't exported with the latest TL build, so they can fix it.

Here's an example, with an existing item. click (I didn't find any NoName items in my inventory or backpacks)
    The interesting information is the LowID, HighID and QL.
    Last edited by Demoder; Aug 12th, 2014 at 14:33:52.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Problem is you can't do anything with them.

Including:
    Moving
    Creating refference
    copying to chat
    and such.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ekarona View Post
    Problem is you can't do anything with them.

Including:
    Moving
    Creating refference
    copying to chat
    and such.
    Ok. I was hoping that wasn't the case.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Ok. I was hoping that wasn't the case.
    It's really strange, they don't even appear on AOIA...

As such unless you have up-to-date list they are very hard to guess...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Funcom employee

The reason why we might have gotten items which are now missing from the client's rdb is because we had to re-build the old client in the preparation work for the new client (new engine). (which means these items are at least missing in both clients now... I dunno if I felt any comfort in saying that... :P)
    The way our build process works is that we have a folder structure where all item/monster hashes are placed so we can make a build only containing monsters or only containing items. However, after all these years, someone might have accidentally deleted an item from the dependency folder structure or someone made an item that got exported in a dataset which still lingers in the tree structure, but isn't in the game's database anymore because the change was never actually merged. We also had a time when the developers auto generated items directly in to the game's database using voodoo tools which turned out to generate broken items. (Or at least that is what it looks like...)

If you have a noname item on your character on testlive, please make a bug report saying your character's name so we can have a look at your character and see if the server knows what item your client think is missing.

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    ...using voodoo tools...
    This explains quite a lot.
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P