Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Meep

That could'v been fixed by making hitting a tower make a meep block thing in your NCU.

And a yalm blocker for maximum effect.

My first question about this is why NOW? Griefing has been around since, I think, 2 days after notum wars was released as a minor issue. So what change in the game has raised this to a must be fixed at any cost level.

Secondly, the prior development team has a poor history of fixing the stated target with their fixes. Recent examples include the five minute flag that was supposed to fix outside healing in towers (it doesn't), the fix to detonation matrix (that had to be refixed), the fixed to several exploits that did little to nothing to fix what was intended. So what makes anyone confident this will fix the currently claimed problem?

That being said, I think there is little anyone can say to dissuade the intended "fix." No rational or logic will deter them from the planned path at this point in time to "fix" what a few whiners want. But I will digress a bit. Since this post was started, I have watched for what I would consider griefing (hitting several tower fields in the same or different fields in relatively rapid sequence with no outcome. I have seen two fixers engage in that behavior, both clan from the same guild (could even be the same person for all I know). During this same period, I have seen more griefing by other professions. Again, I suspect that at least one of the "culprits" was an agent in fp fixer. But cannot prove that.

So to repeat the original questions, at the risk of being rude, why this particular nerf and why now?

To me this change as it impacts the pvm aspect of the game is similar in severity as eliminating TMS for soldiers, CH and UBT for Docs, debuffs for traders, mezzes and debuffs for crats, concealment and AS buffs for agents, etc. Well you get the idea from the pvm aspect this is a huge nerf. Using the model of similar level/equipped/played professions should be able to achieve similar results, I find it interesting the agents, crats, docs, traders, soldiers, and shades specifically can solo high level Inferno dyna bosses easily. You notice fixers are not in that select company (unless by some miracle my roots hit) group of possible overpowered pvm professions. So lets take away another aspect of the fixer toolkit.

I have played virtually every profession to either 200 or 220 (after sl release) or in some cases as long as I could stand to play it. To me, no profession with the possible exception of Adventurers has been nerfed as badly as fixers since they were converted from melee to ranged. Lets see, burst was capped, full auto was capped, run speed was capped, long hots were level locked, damage buffs were level locked, evades were capped (this one cost me close to 1M IP I could never get back on my first fixer), damage buff nanos were deleted and the spacing increased (anyone else remember the untimate suppressor?), nano resist nerfed (not sure if this was intention or not), roots and snares made to brake instantly ( to keep fixers from getting our of range and polishing off the opponent) I could go on, but these changes had one thing in common. In every case they were the result of some pvp types complaining the fixer were too fast, too hard to hit, hit too hard, etc. and every one adversely impacted the fixer in pvm well out of proportion. Furthermore in few instances were corresponding brake likelihood or duration changes made (for instance) to crat and agent roots and snares (damage caps were modified for everyone).

So, I propose that since fc is going to do this anyway as logic and rationality will be unlikely to deter them at this point, that after 3 months or so when it becomes apparent this will not have any impact on the target problem (and I am not and never will be convinced it is a real problem) that this change be reversed.

As others have said, many possible solutions to the perceived problem exist. Perhaps after a couple months this one can be reversed and a real solution found
    Last edited by Anna; Sep 18th, 2014 at 00:39:23.

Its starting to become very clear anything to fix exploits or questionable actions will take place even if it means destroying your prof in the process. I swear if fc is stupid enough to go through with this most players with fixers should just delete them and go play wow and this is pretty much what you are getting from this. http://www.wowwiki.com/Hearthstone

Quote Originally Posted by Anna View Post
    My first question about this is why NOW? Griefing has been around since, I think, 2 days after notum wars was released as a minor issue. So what change in the game has raised this to a must be fixed at any cost level.
    multiboxing?

Recent examples include the five minute flag that was supposed to fix outside healing in towers (it doesn't), the fix to detonation matrix (that had to be refixed), the fixed to several exploits that did little to nothing to fix what was intended.
    The 5 min flag is so fail. It came along with the mechanic that flagged you if you casted friendly nanos on a flagged player. So it made pvp rly f'ing annoying for pvp-orientated players just to accomodate overly sensitive retards. -_-

No rational or logic will deter them from the planned path at this point in time to "fix" what a few whiners want.
    imo, they should explain the motives for the actions and listen to the feedback.

anyway, nw is rly messed up atm. Entire playfields should level-lock when it is in a state of war.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123