Thread: Healing Goals

Healing Goals

Hello all,

Will it be possible for advys or MAs to act as instance healers if they gear and spec themselves specifically for it? Currently only docs can perform the role for many instances, I would love it if AO switched to a model where several classes could main heal. It would make forming groups for instance content so much easier.

If you take a look at WoW, druids, paladins, priests, shamans and monks can all act as main healers (or DPS/Tanks in many cases) dependant on the gear they use and their current spec. Imagine an AO world where, if an MA picks up Scouts +nano gear and some - % nano costs pieces, they could perform the role of healer in 12m or something (at the cost of not being able to contrbute damage - something their new stance might be designed for)? Something similar with advys going tree form perhaps? If an MA/Advy sacrifices their dmg gear for Scouts and specs slightly differently why not allow them to be a healer (because with such sacrifices they won't be able to DD!).

Would also love to see a similar approach taken to tanking i.e. increasing the number of viable classes. Why not allow Keeps/Solds to perhaps compete properly with Enfs (give them both AoE taunts at a DD/healing cost?). Appreciate solds are decent tanks already just they can't do things like AI sectors half as well as Enfs.

Having several healer and tank classes would really improve the game and remove a lot of the restrictions to forming PvE groups. I really hope this is what you are shoooting for Genele .
    Last edited by nat3s; Aug 11th, 2014 at 12:42:58.
    Defrag 220 Crat
    Chuckle 220 Doctor
    Nates 220 Shade
    Magnite 219 Enf
    Chipbutty 212 Fixer

I agree with most of what you said and I love how I can change specializations in wow to change roles, makes the character less monotonous.

I disagree with nerfing keeper damage for the sake of tanking though, it's only mediocre if you go full dd build to begin with

advy + zazen ma = doc
    Genele: ofc I come back to u difs. U used to look as hot as me

Quote Originally Posted by nat3s View Post
    Hello all,

Will it be possible for advys or MAs to act as instance healers if they gear and spec themselves specifically for it? Currently only docs can perform the role for many instances, I would love it if AO switched to a model where several classes could main heal. It would make forming groups for instance content so much easier.

If you take a look at WoW, druids, paladins, priests, shamans and monks can all act as main healers (or DPS/Tanks in many cases) dependant on the gear they use and their current spec. Imagine an AO world where, if an MA picks up Scouts +nano gear and some - % nano costs pieces, they could perform the role of healer in 12m or something (at the cost of not being able to contrbute damage - something their new stance might be designed for)? Something similar with advys going tree form perhaps? If an MA/Advy sacrifices their dmg gear for Scouts and specs slightly differently why not allow them to be a healer (because with such sacrifices they won't be able to DD!).

Would also love to see a similar approach taken to tanking i.e. increasing the number of viable classes. Why not allow Keeps/Solds to perhaps compete properly with Enfs (give them both AoE taunts at a DD/healing cost?). Appreciate solds are decent tanks already just they can't do things like AI sectors half as well as Enfs.

Having several healer and tank classes would really improve the game and remove a lot of the restrictions to forming PvE groups. I really hope this is what you are shoooting for Genele .
    Yes, I bump this. Plus, it would give points to the whole rebalancing thing (it's not just about friggin peeveepee)
    Protektor- Engydoggy- Spydoggy- RealMadrid - Some others.
    Rolling around RK since Dec 2001.
    ¡Se habla español!