Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Martial Artists have been given enough already! Enough is Enough!

Hehe Besheba, but nukes didnt/doesnt have a min damage under 100... That was all pre 13.6/13.8. Before that patch a triple implanted, fully buffed lvl200 MA had the damage output of appx 150-200 with crits at 750ish. MA's then were only wanted in teams for crit buffs.

Anyways, back to topic. It seems quite clear that everybody thinks that getting the core abilities of various professions to work are more important then smaller additions to the professions who are in good shape.

Personally, I think it would be very nice to have an official, stereotypical image of what the professions actually should excel at. Docs should heal best, NT's do the most damage, Enforcers have the most HP etc. We could then easily see whats working/not working with the various professions. And, remember that we need some leeway so that we don't get the cloned Baldurs Gate NPC characters everywhere. "Oh, a fixer. He runs fast and wields SMG's" There must be diversification as well, and it should be viable. "Oh, an atrox fixer with a beam, wearing a purple combat bikini. They do that sometimes."

Off to the suggestion forums now.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

pfff..

Hi.. im a long time lurker.. i dont _very often reply to theese boards_ but i do however read them every day.. escpecially since i am a soldier.. i see almost atleast once a week good, valid ideas for a little soldier love.. and in about all forums you can read posts continuously about the need to fix Engis/sols (sorry if i forgot anyone)..

so please don't give us the bs that you don't even know which proff needs to be fixed.. because that only shows how little you (not you Cz) know/care about them. There are *numerous* posts with ideas for a good fix..

So by coming on here and saying the whining should stop about the MA crap.. sure 130+ posts is a bit much i agree.. but don't tell us to come with come with constructive ideas to what proff needs etc be fixed.

Becuase that is what we have been doing the last months..
    IMO.. that post you did was just buying time or trying to end that thread or whatever reason... i've almost given up hope Cz.. ok i have to give it to you that in 14.6 there are actually some new nanos... but which 70% is useless.. ( i know, not live yet)..

Ah well.. It just saddened me to see this last one post by Cz.. becuase it really shows that the communication between players/FC are one-way.

I don't dare to think of how many high lvl Engis/Sols there will be in a few months..

PS. How come adventurers get weapons with higher low/high/crit damage than Lets say soldiers.. (since i am one)?
    A simple answer from Cz or another mod with - "oh thats becuase the adventurers blah blah blah etc." - And not that .. ooh no they dont outdamage you in anyway.
    ok end rant.. flame at will
    DS.

Don't bash my english please.. im a sweede
    McDaddeh - Enforcer RK1
    "STFU or i'll shove your head down your throat."'

Wuushu - Soldier RK1
    "Soldiers don't die, we just go to hell to regroup."

Phizzer - Fixer RK1
    "I'm teh l337 h4xz0r-$mürf"

Proud Veteran of Synergy Factor

Unhappy

Originally posted by Cz
    How about starting a new thread, in the Suggestions forum perhaps, about who should get some help, and what kind of help they need.
    There are several very informative and recent threads in the Crat forum about what is broke with them and what they need.

My main is a crat, so I use the Crat forum as my example. But - there are many good threads in the various profession-specific forums.

So you are suggesting we should rewrite already authored, current, and valid material and repost it somewhere else in order for it to be taken into consideration?

The "rules" around here change too often, and without publication! I thought we were supposed to work through the Professionals. We have, but those current and valid contributions seem to be ignored.

Now we are asked to start new threads individually in another forum to do exactly what we have been doing - make valid profession suggestions. Only now it's in the Suggestions forum. That, of course, sounds appropriate due to that forum's namesake. But - isn't that what the Professionals program was to help organize? Lot's of suggestions posted by many individuals consolidated to the main issues?

I guess we're back to a free-for-all? Then later of course will it be decided that a free-for-all is not effective, and a "new" program for organized suggestions be implemented? And then we'll have to re-create it all, yet again?

Martek

OK, ok, ok, ok... enough, please.

Guys, can we please twist the conversation a bit? Going on about who does not need help and who should not recieve stuff is hardly the best way to do this.

How about starting a new thread, in the Suggestions forum perhaps, about who should get some help, and what kind of help they need.

Me running to the designers saying "these people don't need anything" doesn't do much. Give me something to bring to them that guides us all in the direction of improving what needs improvement.

So, please, new thread, or a good reason why not. Leaving this thread open for now, in case people can give me a good reason to continue here.

See this is the exact problem this game has had since its been released.

We the community have always given problems and solutions we have with each profession like the professinal reports. The only response we get is that the information has been past on to the devs. Every month goes by the same topics will come up and we get the same old replies. Now we are suppose to once again start a new thread just to hear a reply that the devs are looking into it.

You no what I would like to see from funcom. Every friday I would like to see a designer take one topic out of each of the professional reports and answer how they are going to fix the problem. I want just flat out blunt answers without any BS.

The designer can answer in two ways to a particular problem.

a.) The first is if funcom already has thier mind made up of what their going to do with a specifix problem then just come out bluntly and tell us. Let everyone get out the whines, cries, etc.. and be done with it.

b.) Secondly if funcoms mind isnt made up on a certain problem then ask us how we could implement a solution without unbalancing the problem. But keep in mind if your going to ask us our views in fixing something then you better mix in our solution with yours or you would have just waisted are time and been better off with paragraph (a) above.
    Last edited by Lionhrt; Oct 23rd, 2002 at 16:38:15.

I agree with the earlier posts about other classes getting some attention, MAs are fine in my opinion, as I have played one, level 77 now, who was actually on ice for some months because in the past her damage was gimpy and mas weren't very attractive in groups. MPs need more love because every ounce of fun slips out of our profession in the late 120s, by 125 I was casting all viable mp nanos, mochams, cacodemon and all animas...sure an MP can solo a 180 mission at level 125-130 but it's so slow and time consuming there is no point. What's the point of casting the highest nano skill buffing program in the game when you're using your best nanos at 125, and on top of that the pet you make gets stuck on everything indoors? AND as the mp levels, the pets attack power never goes up, but as soldiers, mas, etc level up, their atack rating rises as their skills go up. Personally all the gimpedness aside, another problem is that we're just not viable in pvp either, we have poor weaponskills and our nukes, while not bad..need to do more damage..what about a nano that you can cast on your opponent that makes them auto target the mp attack pet for a set amount of time? maybe nothing large where people will scream foul play, but maybe 15 seconds or so. That'd give us some chance to fight back before our opponent goes for an alpha strike, or a debuff or roots or whatever.

And take away the stupid 1 and 2 hand blunt requirements for summoned weapons, they may stink for the most part, but i'm sure a lot of mps wasted good ips IN DARK BLUE SKILLS to find that out. nothing is worse than not being able to venture into Camelot dungeon because you know you have no skills or offense capable enough to keep you alive under pvp conditions. I'm all for MAs getting goodies, but I don't want to abandon my main either. oh yeah, and curse of chronos, wtf is that good for? it reads that opponent can't move or attack for 5 seconds, which is useless, but it doesn't even do that, it's more like 2 to 3 seconds. not even enough time to run away if you're getting beat on. and it's not like i like pvp or anything, but it seems I have to learn how because that's the state the game is heading to overall.
    Last edited by Lexusstreak; Oct 23rd, 2002 at 17:26:05.
    "Did I tell you that you could speak?....then why are you still talking?."

Firstly thanks for stepping in for a moment CZ this was getting out of hand.

Like I have said dont moan because other professions are getting stuff moan because you arent! But within your moan give constructive ideas for how and what you should get stuff while remaining (I know its hard) as neutral as possible and not suggesting things to make you better than everyone else (unless its in an area your supposed to be better at of course).

Anyways lets chill out and back one another up a bit.

Im right there for everyone else not recieving bug fixes and content but as I said before dont call for myn to stop.. call for yours to start.

Peace
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

Just thought I'd comment that I in no way intended to give the impression that we are not aware of which professions need some help. We are fully aware of this.

Nor did I intent to give you the impression that I felt no threads were constructive, or provided suggestions. There are lots of great threads where I can get the info I did not find abundant in this one.

Still, that doesn't make this thread a very useful one to me, or the designers.

Originally posted by Cz
    Still, that doesn't make this thread a very useful one to me, or the designers.
    I disagree. This thread was intended to do exactly what it has done.

Cz, from this thread you can go back to the Devs and tell them people are getting frustrated that one single profession is getting new and fun stuff every patch for the last many months while other professions are simply being ignored and have been ignored since release.

Why in this post should I re-iterate something that has been done three-fold in the profession specific forums? You yourself always say on other forums "this is a profession problem, please post them in the profession forums." So why would I post something about the problems of professions in the Suggestion forums?

As somebody said above, the rules change too often. But maybe I didn't get my point across. The point of this post was not to give you specific fixes to go and give to the Devs. At the Crat forum, we have done that for over 1 year and have simply been ignored.

The purpose of this post was to simply point out that enough is enough. The purpose of this post was to SHOW you how much foucs you have given to ONE SINGLE profession for the last 10+ patches. The purpose of this post was to let you know your player base is SICK of playing "Martial Artists Online (tm)." The purpose of this post was for you, Cz, to tell the Devs if they have limited resources to start fixing other professions problems instead of balancing and tweaking and creating new Martial Artist content.

It's really that simple.

Originally posted by Lucid Flow
    I disagree. This thread was intended to do exactly what it has done.

Cz, from this thread you can go back to the Devs and tell them people are getting frustrated that one single profession is getting new and fun stuff every patch for the last many months while other professions are simply being ignored and have been ignored since release.
    But I knew that already.

I have communicated that to the designers long before this thread was created. And before this thread existed, they told me they are aware of it.

So, basically, this thread just wasted my time. Your initial post told me that alone, and since you e-mailed it to me anyway, this thread is obsolete.

Now, I'm simplifying it a bit, but do you see where I'm going? When you have a concern like this, a simple e-mail to me is enough. A thread with 140+ replies is really not contributing much to the issue at all, when I already have that e-mail.

The purpose of this post was to simply point out that enough is enough.
    The purpose of this post was for you, Cz...
    Exactly; the purpose lies with the initial post alone (not the thread), and it is for me (or us, if you will). Hence, e-mail.
    Last edited by Cz; Oct 23rd, 2002 at 18:07:39.

Originally posted by Cz

So, basically, this thread just wasted my time. Your initial post told me that alone, and since you e-mailed it to me anyway, this thread is obsolete.
    Without wishing to throw fuel on the fire..

The thread was useful in that it _shows_ how many people agree with this point (even given that only a portion of players frequent the boards). Sure a single email from a single player shows you that single person thinks this issue is important but I doubt everyone who posted here would have sent you an email about it (I wouldnt have).

You must get loads of email already - are you suggesting we organise 'spam Cz with email over issue x' everytime the playerbase wants to make a point? I suspect you'll get very tired of that very quicky (assuming your mail server can cope :-) )

Or shall I warm the Engineers email software up now? :-)
    Dont you think I look like Geordie from Star Trek?
    <-----------------------------------------------------------
    Actually I look more of a cross between him and Picard don't I?

Originally posted by Cz

But I knew that already.

I have communicated that to the designers long before this thread was created. And before this thread existed, they told me they are aware of it.

And how are we, as players, supposed to know this when there is a lack of communication on the boards? Is there some secret dev place that I don't know about that goes through all the issues they are bringing up so we know not to bother with threads like this? Bring back the professionals program.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Originally posted by Cz
    But I knew that already.

Now, I'm simplifying it a bit, but do you see where I'm going? When you have a concern like this, a simple e-mail to me is enough. A thread with 140+ replies is really not contributing much to the issue at all, when I already have that e-mail.
    You knew that, but did we? No.

I really respect you Cz as you put up with a lot from players and the job you do is very high stress. But if you are implying that I should be able to read your mind before I post a thread that has never been adressed by Funcom publicly, then you are asking too much.

You may have known. You may have communicated that to the Devs. It may have been before this thread existed. However, you didn't tell us you knew, you didn't tell us you informed the Devs and it wasn't until long after this thread existed that this information came along. If it happened before, I wouldn't have bothered.

I don't think this thread is obsolete. You get tons and tons of emails a day and I responded to you stating that I won't bother you with emails that just refered to a post any more per your request. I appreciate your response.

Somewhere along the line, this post gained a second objective. One email from one player would hardly be effective in showing how many people agree. It doesn't broadcast to a wide audience. This post is NOT obsolete for the simple fact that it is a prime example of HOW frustrated players are, HOW many are so upset about it as to stop Lurking and start posting. In a way, it's a rally point.

It may be useless to YOU, because you knew all of this already. It certainly isn't useless to the community who hasn't known anything about this for a VERY long time since we are essentially kept in the dark about most things. We are only left to assume based on Patch notes. (And again, we are back at post 1).

Exactly; the purpose lies with the initial post alone (not the thread), and it is for me (or us, if you will). Hence, e-mail.
    The initial post was for you, the 140+ replies were intended for the uninformed player base.

Listen everyone, Funcom does communicate to the playerbase through telepathy. I know the upcoming patch notes, and I know all of the future issues that Funcom is planning on addressing because *I* unlike the rest of you have been tuning my psychic energy to the FC frequency to intercept their player communications.

How dare you all accuse Funcom of failing to communicate to the playerbase better....

you should ALL be ashamed!

Originally posted by Cz

please check the professions forums for detailed explainations of what each profession needs. please consult your appointed professionals for further explainations.

YOU HAVE THE INFORMATION...you have our opinions. There has not been a single constructive discussion between players and funcom on the adventurer forum since i've been posting. It is easy to plead that you don't know what suggestions to bring to developers if you ignore the specific profession boards.

Go there for a few days. Read the comments. Compile your list of things to suggest to developers. Then, come back and let us know what the developers say. Telling us to go do something that's already been done is just as useless as us telling you to do something with no direction.

Now stop reading this thread and hit the profession boards.

http://www.anarchy-online.com/conten...tion/progress/

This used to tell you what they had planned for the game and now you have not idea where the game is going and whether you should even keep playing your profession or just start a Martial Artist and be happy.

Originally posted by Borrace
    *I* unlike the rest of you have been tuning my psychic energy to the FC frequency to intercept their player communications.

How dare you all accuse Funcom of failing to communicate to the playerbase better....

you should ALL be ashamed!
    dammit i knew i shoulda maxed psychic. Oh well some reason to get a couple more levels i guess.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Adding content to a balanced class doesnt take huge ammounts of resources away from everyone.

You just seem to have an axe to grind with MA`s... sorry but thats how it seems.

I can pul 10 bits of content from my bottom every single day of the week. (excluding weekend I refuse to think on the weekends).

Campaign (the last time im saying this since this thread just bugs me now) for your own balance and your own content not to have less on other people.

I am very uncomfortable with the fact that my day 1 chosen proffesion is considered uber (we aint that great good but not godly) and that every monkey and his donkey is making an MA just for the plain fact they think we are uber.

I want balance on everyone else I want people to play those classes because diversity is what makes life interesting.

So rather than knocking my content be constructive and go campaign for your own.

Peace out
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

Originally posted by TanisAS
    Adding content to a balanced class doesnt take huge ammounts of resources away from everyone.
    What kind of logic is that I wonder...

IF today adding contents to a class is, according to you, so easy, and doesn't take huge amount of resources, then why can't they fix "small" items such as nanos or weapons faster???

IF today adding contents to as class is so easy, why did Enforcers waited since this game started to get those weapon buffs???

With the way FC dev team works, EVERYTHING takes a certain amount of their resource as well as time to develop.

Adding a damn bow in 14.6 does not detract from everyone else.

Not even a readily available bow but a nodrop one.

We all know they take ages if not a year and a half to fix a class. Trust me I know im an MA we used to be the worste off. Knowing whats that like I really want everyone to get fixed but you cant stop adding stuff to those who are fixed. Like iv said about 50 times now. Dont ask for other peoples stuff to stop get yours to start. We will all support you and help where we can. Just dont stop our content from coming please.
    I am Kong.

Originally posted by TanisAS

Dont ask for other peoples stuff to stop get yours to start. We will all support you and help where we can. Just dont stop our content from coming please.

And all the crats/engies/MPs/NTs/doc/tra are waiting for theirs to start.
    Rebbeca Omni Tek President
    RHD Black Watch Regiment

"Technological progress has merely provided us with more efficient means for going backwards."
    -Aldous Huxley

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast