Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Martial Artists have been given enough already! Enough is Enough!

Originally posted by mgbkurtz
    hope to see all you MA bashers when The Sims Online comes out in 4 months...then you could really show that you're a bunch of tools...

i'll take this to the arena

kurtz
    That's constructive. Nowhere here is anybody especially me bashing MAs. My point that I have made more then once is that the focus is simply TOO MUCH on one profession and literally non-existent to others who have been asking for profession completing fixes since the release of the game.

My point is Martial Artists are getting so much focus, they are optaining weapons and nanos they HAVE NOT asked for and especially are not needed whereas other professions are simply dying away because they have not gotten anything ever.

Get it right.

No one here has asked that MAs be nerfed all we want is the neglected profs to be given more of the spotlight.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Originally posted by DaveDread
    MA's actually have the least profession specific items of all professions.
    I just stumbled over that. That statement is downright wrong. Traders got the useless profession-ring and the Ebony Figurine and nothing else.

Woopidoo. Traders got teh ph47 lewd. The database also have had Ai-X44 Android Head since patch 13.5.0 as trader-item, but it never dropped.
    ~Lone

Just to address some "stuff" I saw in the previous posts...

1. Enforcers do not outdamage MAs even with the best of our buffs/enhancements. Just take a look at a duel between a MA and an Enforcer. MAs take out much more hp in any given time from the Enforcer than the Enforcer is able to deal damage to the MA. I have yet to see an Enforcer at the same lvl as a MA that actually outdamages him.

2. I strongly believe that professions such as Crats, Engie, Soldiers needs more "stuff" to be able to balance the professions. If today FC is able to fix "ALL" problems in every patch, then I have no problem with MAs getting new stuff they didn't even ask for. However, the case today is that FC has only limited resources and is able to do only a certain amount of work for every patch. Since this is the case, I don't see any sense whatsoever for the Dev team to "waste" resources on things that are not Urgent.

3. Enforcers had waited for a very long time for our long overdue Edge/Piercing/Melee Energy Buffs. It wasn't a really big issue, but the problems started to surface, and we got our buffs. If we can wait for this long to get buffs this important, I don't see why can't MAs just wait a bit for their "little toys for entertainment".

Re: It will?

Originally posted by Anikitos
    They will make the ma crit line ma weapon only?
    Must have missed that...

If that is the case....why are ppl screaming nerf ma then????

An ma should crit more then anyother.
    If he does that with ma only weapons....i see absolutely no reason to ***** about ma.

Now, let ma be.
    I AGREE 100% WITH ANIKIITOS AND I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE FOR MY CAPS OR MY BAD BREATH!!!!
    Nanomage: The OTHER other white meat

And by the way, MAs do indeed outdamage enforcers and I really do hate to say that. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Enforcers have so much hp, slightly less damage output. MAs have very lame heals with long recharge times and do more damage. It seems pretty balanced to me.

Making enforcers do more damage than MAs would beoverpowering in the sense that they would be both the damage kings and hp kings of the game. A better solution is to fix/redesign enforcer taunts

Re: Re: It will?

Originally posted by TheDeacon
    I AGREE 100% WITH ANIKIITOS AND I WILL NOT APOLOGIZE FOR MY CAPS OR MY BAD BREATH!!!!
    All he did was restate what Lucid said, you know.

Woo.

That's right, woo.

Woo.

P.S. Woo.

actually, they outdamage Enforcers by a lot more than you think... because when I dueled MA, unless they are selfbuffed, there's no way an Enforcer can outdamage them (even if the Enforcer used all his nano pool for Mongo, they're very likely to lose... not kidding )

Originally posted by eaze

FIrst of all, you keep talking about breeds instead of professions, which makes me believe you dont really know a whole lot about this game.

Secondly, the MAs are overpowered in PvP now, totally, due to uncapped heals and the insane crit amount they are able to achieve. Might be somewhat balanced with LLTS nerf.

Thirdly, the MA is now the highest damage dealing profession in the game. And people, let's get real. We're talking about 30'000 years AD, and the most powerful way to go to war is with fists, a bow or a some kind of melee thing to put on your hand, while the majority of heavy weaponry on the planet doesnt even come close to dealing the same amounts? Get a grip....
    Melee users are supposed to have more damage dealt to balance of the advantage of range and the susceptibility of being rooted

Very True!

Why are they so good anyways? They use their hands! Not high-tech weapons, not powerful nano spells, they aren't even big and strong like enforcers! I would expect them to be weakest normally!

ok, i was about to make a list of stuff that MA's are missing
    it wasn't very long
    - lower recharge on dimach
    - fix fear nanos
    - fix uvc ( we need more crit % )
    - fix riposte ( this one is actually serious )

OH yeah baby, flame me!

Originally posted by Shjaka
    ok, i was about to make a list of stuff that MA's are missing
    it wasn't very long
    - lower recharge on dimach
    - fix fear nanos
    - fix uvc ( we need more crit % )
    - fix riposte ( this one is actually serious )

OH yeah baby, flame me!
    You don't deserve it.

Originally posted by TheDeacon

Melee users are supposed to have more damage dealt to balance of the advantage of range and the susceptibility of being rooted

LOL, that may apply to MA, but it dont apply to enforcers... how am I supposed to compete with 10k specials and 3.5k crits when I have a 3.6k crit and brawl ROFLOL (beam user)
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

The matter is that MA's very powerful when compared to other proffs. I dont mind having them on the team at all because they are indeed uber. However, items, nanos, and others are being handed over to them and they gladly accept them even though it was not even asked for. In giving these to the MA's, the rest of the world is left behind. Docs have rarely changed at all, Crats are turning into Nerfies, Enforcers have ten times less damage output compared, Engineers...that speaks for itself. Lucid is not calling out for a nerf, a halt for a bit could perhaps be made for MA's and some other proffs should really be brought from the shadows. If FC is trying to make a balance then stop working on the fixed (Adv's need a little bit more) and work on the others that actually NEED it.

Originally posted by Yazule

LOL, that may apply to MA, but it dont apply to enforcers... how am I supposed to compete with 10k specials and 3.5k crits when I have a 3.6k crit and brawl ROFLOL (beam user)
    Arf, you have a point there.....

methinks my next profession is going to be enforcer. I'd like to better understand the profession before I go speaking for melee users :P

Now this is me speaking from enforcer ignorance (havent seriously played one outside of low lvl twinks). You all have some uber hp, without a doubt, and Atrox enforcers will soon have even more hp. Is there a way to balance things out without overpowering things? If your damage is increased to exceed all other classes to hold aggro (which I agree you should be able to do without a doubt, as what good is all the hp if you're not holding aggro?), then wouldn't that sorta suck for all other professions? (I understand I need to walk a mile in your shoes before I can really make any suggestions about another class)

Seems that the big problem is holding aggro. Maybe the Enforcers should have an aggro increasing aura or something, kinda like a speech. The extra hp seems to help them outlast an enemy by sheer durability, even if they have less damage

Originally posted by Alexea
    The matter is that MA's very powerful when compared to other proffs. I dont mind having them on the team at all because they are indeed uber. However, items, nanos, and others are being handed over to them and they gladly accept them even though it was not even asked for. In giving these to the MA's, the rest of the world is left behind. Docs have rarely changed at all, Crats are turning into Nerfies, Enforcers have ten times less damage output compared, Engineers...that speaks for itself. Lucid is not calling out for a nerf, a halt for a bit could perhaps be made for MA's and some other proffs should really be brought from the shadows. If FC is trying to make a balance then stop working on the fixed (Adv's need a little bit more) and work on the others that actually NEED it.
    Amen brother. I love my two MAs and all, but christ, there are 11 other classes on rubi ka. Crats seem to be getting indirectly nerfed more and more lately, making what I think is the most intriguing profession semi worthless with the new outdoor MOBs.

And engis. Please god do SOMETHING for them...that's getting obscene how bad they are (please don't take offense to that anyone). Give them a friggin heal pet and nukes for all I care, just do.....anything. This is worse than how bad fixers used to be imho

To restate the original post. In the bank I have two backpacks. 1 with nice adventurer nanos collected from high level team missions (that is flamespout, kin superior lick wounds etc) that collects dust there because noone can use them... I also have a backpack of MA pyjamas, nice QL 200 in more colors than an average colors, and they are also gathering dust there because everyone can use one and have one...

There is the difference, and I back up Lucid in one point, FC should start concentrating on other classes then MAs. As I see this tread, there is a lot of MA's jumping Lucid and trying to make this a tread about MA's not beeing gods. MA's are not gods. As http://ymera.com shows, MAs are probably the easiest class to level (or perhaps just the least boring to play after lvl 150...).

Perhaps FC should learn from the success of the MA class (again, backed with the numbers from Ymera.com, it would be very hard to argue otherwise...), and perhaps even from the success of the fixer love patch (they've gone from 5% to a steady 10% and growing since 14.4). And then they should take a close look at why the adv love patch did not create the same effect. Yes there where a increase just after 14.4, but its back to pre 14.4 numbers now... All indicates a failed love patch. Perhaps its because noone can use or find the stuff they put in the game (as opposed to stuff in the DB, there is still stuff stated in the patchnotes that are NOT in the game!).

This is not a Nerf the MAs, but more "FC start fixing the other professions!" (or just put the promissed stuff in the freaking game). Amap of Wailing Wastes would also be nice, and perhaps it could be possible to get the team that just finished the new arrival system to start fixing all the emberassing typos you can find about anywhere in this game? (oh, not my typos please, spelling happens to other people )

OK, ok, ok, ok... enough, please.

Guys, can we please twist the conversation a bit? Going on about who does not need help and who should not recieve stuff is hardly the best way to do this.

How about starting a new thread, in the Suggestions forum perhaps, about who should get some help, and what kind of help they need.

Me running to the designers saying "these people don't need anything" doesn't do much. Give me something to bring to them that guides us all in the direction of improving what needs improvement.

So, please, new thread, or a good reason why not. Leaving this thread open for now, in case people can give me a good reason to continue here.

Re: uhm

Originally posted by Cyberbob
    ohh lucid you clearly havent ever played as an Ma min dmg artist as i was for almost 6-7 months....

Cyb back to coding
    ummm... the nt's nukes (our main source of dmg) does minimum damage 90-100% of the time.........

since day one
    "death comes slowly to those who anticipate it and swiftly to the unconcerned" Richard Pyott

You want a duel?.......Go play chess
    You want honor?......Go serve your country in the military

First pistol crat to reach Chief.

Proud follower of the Mexican Hat Band Cult.

Originally posted by Cz
    OK, ok, ok, ok... enough, please.

Guys, can we please twist the conversation a bit? Going on about who does not need help and who should not recieve stuff is hardly the best way to do this.

How about starting a new thread, in the Suggestions forum perhaps, about who should get some help, and what kind of help they need.

Me running to the designers saying "these people don't need anything" doesn't do much. Give me something to bring to them that guides us all in the direction of improving what needs improvement.

So, please, new thread, or a good reason why not. Leaving this thread open for now, in case people can give me a good reason to continue here.
    Ask the Devs to please just spread the content around... add two or three gadgets or weapons or armors or whatever for as many professions as they can in a patch, or... don't add any that are profession specific. Strip the profession-specificity off new items and if people want to 'gimp' for them, let them.

Here's the issue that should be supplanting adding new profession-specific items though: Fix pet pathing, and increase pet attack ratings to scale with a high end of about 1200 for a QL 200 Slayerdroid, 1000ish for a Demon, and 900ish for a Ninjadroid. Then they could do enough damage to hold aggro and protect their masters. Three professions would benefit greatly, immediately, at all levels and in many aspects of play. Please also remove the nano that nukes pets every hit if they are tanking boss mobs at dynacamps. If pets are supposed to be tanks, they shouldn't be taking additional damage that players don't in a position where their heavy tanking power is very much a contribution to a team.

My two cents
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast