Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Martial Artists have been given enough already! Enough is Enough!

Im 173 MA yes I do a feck load of damage.

Do I think its too much... yes.

Do i think llts change will address this... hell yes.

I am not a damage god please dont start that again.

Stop adding things to my profession? hell no.

Add more stuff to everyone else so I stop getting victimised for having played my fave class since server up through the you hit for 30 melee damage *wtf im lvl 50!* stage and now im balanced im hated by everyone who still suffers like I did... hell yes

Give them something throw them a bone please FC

Alot of unhappy people out there because their classes lack CONTENT!

I have content.. I want more.. that doesnt make us bad people. Leave the ma the hell alone. But scream for yourself not for others to have less.

Keep asking for more coz I will be right behind you supporting you every step of the way. But if im too busy nursing my other class inflicted wounds then il be too busy screaming for my own class. Continuous content isnt a privelage and a right that is restricted only to MA`s you all deserve it... but dont take it from us because you dont have it yet.

Peace out and fight for your content.
    I am Kong.

Strong and passionate, I tend to be misunderstood, sometimes even feared. I don't want to fight, I don't want to cause trouble, all I ask is a little love, and a little peace. If I don't get what I want, I get angry, and throw barrels and flaming oil at whatever's stopping me.

Say, Lucid, did you used to be known to the world as Tommy Smothers?

Aye, MA's have gotten a good share of stuff.

But for a little comparison, try searching on "profession: martial artist" on Jayde's database. You'll end up with 4 pages of things, including nanos, pills, grafts etc. Now, do the same on an Adventurer: 9 pages. Agents: 5 pages. Soldier: 6 pages.

MA's actually have the least profession specific items of all professions. True, some of the MA-specific items are good but none are overpowering. If you really believe that, come and talk to me and I'll explain that a QL149 torture tool (the highest that has dropped to my knowledge) is both slower and has lesser damage then quite a few blitzable weapons. I'll explain that MA fists are both slower and has lesser damage then an Ithaca.

I understand that you're upset about not getting love for your profession, but stopping nano/item flow to other professions isn't a very good idea. That would only lead to professions yo-yo-ing in and out of uberdom. MA's are fine. Adv's and Fixers are fine. Enforcers will be fine in 14.6. Your turn will come, and I bloody well hope FC hurries up about it.

Now, I could easily discuss every single thing MA's have gotten since 13.4 and make a very good case that such blatant bugs should never ever ever have been in the game to start with (fists on wrong inits, ferchristsake... it's not like MA's can equip another pair of fists!), or items/nanos that are utterly useless (precence of... nano line, the best agrama-crowd-controlling nano in the game indeed) or that implementing useless skills is a good thing.

I'm pretty disappointed at a few posters in this thread, people I normally respect behaving like frigging trolls. Snap out of it.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Originally posted by TanisAS
    Keep asking for more coz I will be right behind you supporting you every step of the way. [SNIP] Continuous content isnt a privelage and a right that is restricted only to MA`s you all deserve it... but dont take it from us because you dont have it yet.

Peace out and fight for your content.
    Exactly what I was trying to say.
    /DaveDread (D.A.V.E.D.R.E.A.D.: Digital Artificial Violence and Exploration Device/Replicant Engineered for Assassination and Destruction mohahaha)

200 Opifex Clanner Gimp - Dinged in Style! (dimached a Virulent Minibull) Finally got my head straight, nothing like a goat helmet to get you in shape again. Oh, and those marks on my forehead (yah, still visible through the helmet, duh)... It was a Motorcycle baby. Really. Ran me over in West Athens while I was working on my tan. Think I look bad? You should see the biker.

Letme point out one thing in regards to pages of profession specific items in Jayde's database: it includes Symbio-grafts (I'll ask him to exclude those by default if possible).

Sybio-grafts and related (Pills, etc.) inflate some professions more than others (soldiers have loads).

That list also includes Nano Crystals (of which NTs, Docs, MPs, Fixers, and Advents have loads). Maybe I'll see if Jayde can suppress those. You'll see that that reduces most classes to the MA level.

For the record, I don't see any issue with MAs getting a new bow in the patch (probably won't hit live until Shadowlands anyhow), and I suspect Bow buffs will make it into 14.6. This just helps to flesh out the class with things that should have been there months ago.

But, yes, Funcom does need to add or fix issues on other classes other than MA (and advents get a lot of stuff in the DB all the time too, just half never makes it to live). They stated that no more Prof-specific patches for the future and that should help direct future patches to spreading the wealth among all professions.

Originally posted by DaveDread
    But for a little comparison, try searching on "profession: martial artist" on Jayde's database. You'll end up with 4 pages of things, including nanos, pills, grafts etc. Now, do the same on an Adventurer: 9 pages. Agents: 5 pages. Soldier: 6 pages.
    Woah, buddy. Sorry, but that is a terrible comparison. I'm sure most people can see why, so I'm also not sure why I'm explaining it:

(a) an item does not need to be profession only to be viable. i.e. X-3s are not agent-only, sleek cannons are not "soldier only", and no martial artist weapons that I know of are "martial artist" only.

(b) martial artists are hand to hand combatants... that means that they don't need their cornucopia of weapons if the need arrives. Every other profession, however, needs to constantly upgrade their weapons to be on top of their game.

(c) 80% of the adventurer items, specifically, are either (i) not in game, (ii) statistically useless, or (iii) impossible to obtain. Yee ha, lets add things like "black johns" so people can search the database and go green with envy.

(d) profession only items include nanos. That means if you are an adventurer and get 500 upgrades to the damage shield line (which every calmer makes you cancel), it doesn't measure anything. If you are an agent and get a ton of root upgrates, again, it doesn't mean anything

Those are just a few reasons why its irrelevant. Please don't do that.
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

"The Claw!" I like to use them with my Engineer. I attach them to the end of my Slayer's arms and then I crawl inside him and kick butt.

Re: uhm

Originally posted by Cyberbob
    ohh lucid you clearly havent ever played as an Ma min dmg artist as i was for almost 6-7 months....
    That is irrelevant. I never said I had to play a Martial Artist for 6-7 months to understand that they have had their turn.

Why don't you look through your patch notes and find information on Engineers in that series of patches? All you will find is Beacon Warp, that is it.

Why must Martial Artists continue to get more and more and more to a ridiculous amount of fun stuff to play with with professions such as Crats and Engineers are, save for a few nanos, the same profession or actually worse off then they were when the game was released?

Enough is Enough. I'm not asking for a nerf, i'm asking for a shift in focus.

Originally posted by Vydas
    No.

HAHA MAs probably have more usable and available prof only items then most of the other profs combined. Sure if you look up engies you find a few pages of junk as well. Almost all of it is either pills or grafts which have nothing to do with engies. I looked through the database and there are a whooping 7 unique engie only items. 1 of which i have not seen in game yet(spider gland). 1 of which is the quest ring and the rest are drops of unique 18 hours spawns.

And i am sorry MAs but with FCs inability to provide patches which provide content for all profs its nothing but plain greedy to ask for more while so many other profs are super gimped in comparison.

Poison spider glan- never seen it yet
    Breastplate of techincal ceremonies - drop off the one
    helmet of techincal ceremonies - drop off the one
    Giraldi Crystal I- junk crystal
    HUD Upgrade: Personal S.T.M- unique mob drop
    Modified A-4000 NCU-sheet- (haven't seen one yet though i heard it drops off a unique)
    Ring of Crawling Ants- quest ring

Thats all the engie stuff there is in game. My engie is level 169 now and i have only seen 2 of them. the junk crystal and the HUD upgrade.
    Last edited by Intrepid; Oct 21st, 2002 at 22:17:28.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Big bump from me.

Bump for concentrating on a prof BESIDES MA's for once. Not a bump to nerf them. They are fine as they are, now don't nerf them, don't tweak them, just move on and share the damn love with the rest of the kids.

MA's actually have the least profession specific items of all professions. True, some of the MA-specific items are good but none are overpowering. If you really believe that, come and talk to me and I'll explain that a QL149 torture tool (the highest that has dropped to my knowledge) is both slower and has lesser damage then quite a few blitzable weapons. I'll explain that MA fists are both slower and has lesser damage then an Ithaca.

I understand that you're upset about not getting love for your profession, but stopping nano/item flow to other professions isn't a very good idea. That would only lead to professions yo-yo-ing in and out of uberdom. MA's are fine. Adv's and Fixers are fine. Enforcers will be fine in 14.6. Your turn will come, and I bloody well hope FC hurries up about it.

Now, I could easily discuss every single thing MA's have gotten since 13.4 and make a very good case that such blatant bugs should never ever ever have been in the game to start with (fists on wrong inits, ferchristsake... it's not like MA's can equip another pair of fists!), or items/nanos that are utterly useless (precence of... nano line, the best agrama-crowd-controlling nano in the game indeed) or that implementing useless skills is a good thing.

I'm pretty disappointed at a few posters in this thread, people I normally respect behaving like frigging trolls. Snap out of it.
    Including new nanoprograms, but not counting hackable pills, grafts, and other expendables added in 12.1... Doctors have received less than one full page of content since patch 11.0 (release). Between patches 12.8 and 14.4 we received no new "doctor-only" content at all. Even the grid warp nanos that Fixers hated so much were added... in 12.5.

Most of the Doctor content from 14.4 and 14.5 is at best semi-useful, is super-rare, or is both. The main exception to that rule being the treatment and pharmacy library, which is in fact pretty nice. I can't say that nothing's been done to address our profession's concerns, by way of bug fixes, either. We've had a few broken nanos fixed, though not always to do what we wanted. We've seen the hitpoint bar bugs getting worked on, and they are better than they used to be, which is a plus. And we have the best ability to equip refined implants, true... but those aren't doctor-only, or even doctor-oriented, content and I have yet to find one that I'd care to use.

We haven't gotten much that's new, and nothing at all that has shored up our profession's weak points, enhanced our main strong points, or increased our play options. Indeed, in many ways, Doctors in themselves have only gotten weaker since release. The OE rules combined with generally higher requirements on new items and new weapons buffs being self-only work most strongly against professions with dark blue weapons skills, such as we have. The many critical hit chance nerfs have effectively closed off the 'crit or die' option for everyone who can't afford to pay hundreds of millions of credits for a scope - not a Doctor-only nerf, but it closed off one of very few viable damage-dealing paths for us. The removal of the FA 3927 and the nerfing of multi-range requirements on pistols effectively killed that path among serious combat Doctors, too. The pillow nerf was a blow to pure-healers. Now FFoK is being made self-only, dramatically reducing the attractiveness of playing a kung-fu combat Doctor.

Agents had complaints about so many other professions, nano-caster professions, using the X-3... speaking for the Doctors, it's not because we want to be snipers. It's because they've been taking away all our other choices, and haven't given us anything back to compensate.
    Taren "Jynne" Suitt, Level 216/16 Eternalist
    Knight of Unity of the Rose - Check out our AO Tools!
    The Doctor Guide to: Notum Wars Martial Arts Perks! Nano Controller Units
    The General Guide to: Auto-Combat General Perks

Visit the Roses and check out the shops in our City, NE of ICC at 4500x1500 in Andromeda!

Iron Law of Exploits: If it can be exploited, it will be exploited. However a rule is exploitable, the exploits become the rule.

Originally posted by Phoenixbird

seen a MA who dont critt?
    actually I have played a couple of MA's

when I leveled up D from 0-100 I played with my best bud who was MA, I saw the min-cap gimpedness of MA's

I have also asked an MA in my group to NOT cast a crit buff on himself so I could see what his damage was like... guess what, it was comperable to me without a crit buff *shrug*

I dont care if it is self only. I dont want anyone nerfed.

I am just saying that when someone says "it is unbalancing to let EVERYONE have UVC" then basically that is BS

If everyone has something it is NOT imbalancing, when one class does it IS imbalancing (esp something like a 24% crit buff).

I am just commenting that his argument was pretty much amunition for others to say "you are nuts, look what you are saying".

MA's are fine. With challenger Enforcers will have their own "crit buff" (+254 addalloff is phat) and ranged with have llts.

If more adjustdments need to be made then they will get made *shrug*

The people that pay are the non MA Maers
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

No, this is inaccurate because it accounts for Nanos. Advents are getting up there as far as love is concerned, but they are just the tip of the iceberg. Advents are fun, but far from overpowered. They are limited by the speed of their weapons just like everybody else.

The problem with MAs is not the amount of stuff, but the usefulness in combat. They have enhanced Critical Chance with the fastest weapons speeds. They have high critical damage and high heals. This may seem like much but Critical Buffs, high damage and Heals are the most useful skills you can have in the game. All other "fun" stuff can be outshined by these basic items because this is a combat game. No amount of trade skill buffs can be more useful then a Critical buff. No amount of snare or ac buff can be as useful as a heal.

But to top it off, MAs have gotten more useful high damage weapon and better cloaks then any other profession. I just want others to get love.

I don't see why? Presence of the Dominator is an Area of Effect 41 second duration Fear that takes only 706 in Psymod and Biomet to use, and has a Psychic Check of 449.

For a Crat, Horror from the Darkest Pit is a single target fear, with the SAME psychic check of 449, and takes 833 in Psymod and Biomet to use.

How exactly is that useless?

You should probably all calm down.

I have the same problem with MAs getting new stuff as I do with fixers (which is WHAT I PLAY, before people whine at me about fixer nerf) getting new stuff.

We're okay. New stuff is cool, and a little bit every patch would be great... if everyone was getting a little stuff every patch.

Seriously.

Give the engies and the soldiers serious love (and 14.6 is NOT soldier love).
    Fix pet pathing.
    Give MPs something to shoot for at high levels, so they aren't casting everything by level 130.
    Give crats back some of the desirability you've taken away with the new high-level camps.

If you've got all that going, then you can give fixers new armor and MAs new bows. But let's get the people who're really, really hurting something first, okay?

Especially engies. I feel bad for them.
    Gunned down the young. Now old, crotchety, and back.

Nah...he couldn't have been, because in actuallity Tommy Smothers was really bright.

FC: keep giving MA's love, just make sure you give other classes some too! Especially the classes who are hurting the most.

Originally posted by TanisAS

Add more stuff to everyone else ...

Give them something throw them a bone please FC

Alot of unhappy people out there because their classes lack CONTENT!

I have content.. I want more.. that doesnt make us bad people. Leave the ma the hell alone. But scream for yourself not for others to have less.

totally agree.

Originally posted by Firedrake
    Nah...he couldn't have been, because in actuallity Tommy Smothers was really bright.

FC: keep giving MA's love, just make sure you give other classes some too! Especially the classes who are hurting the most.
    Well, since I don't want this to turn into childish name calling as you have displayed above, i'm going to simply ignore your posts after this one.

Keep it constructive. Look at the evidence. In the last 10+ patches Martial Artists have gotten VITAL fixes and improvments to their professions.

What have Engineers gotten since release? Beacon warp? What have crats gotten?

I'm sure given the amount Martial Artists have gotten for the past year, they can live with little to no content until the other professions are caught up.

Man, it's so selfish. When a new patch comes out, I am happy for something that isnt even profession specific that I could use in little-to-no situations... god forbid I could use them always and they were actually designed for me in mind.
    Last edited by Lucid Flow; Oct 21st, 2002 at 22:52:42.

Well, that's not how this post came off, at least to me. I don't see it as a suggestion to improve your profession. I see it 100 percent as a whine about what someone else has that you don't have. The original post contained not a single constructive idea for improvement.

So, it sounds just like "Mom loves you better."

Well, that's not how this post came off, at least to me. I don't see it as a suggestion to improve your profession. I see it 100 percent as a whine about what someone else has that you don't have. The original post contained not a single constructive idea for improvement.

So, it sounds just like "Mom loves you better."
    Hmmm, whine?

Well, then answer me this. Given the amount of changes, tweaks and items given to MAs in the last 10+ patches relatively compared to any other profession since RELEASE (yes, compare those 13.4+ patches to ALL of release for the other profession) do you think it's fair that Martial Artists continue to get love they don't need while professions who actually need improvment continue to get no love, nerfs or useless additions?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast