Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Martial Artists have been given enough already! Enough is Enough!

Martial Artists have been given enough already! Enough is Enough!

To Funcom:

Enough is enough! When exactly are you going to consider Martial Artists to be "done?" Literally for the last 10 or so patches they have gotten new toys where other professions such as the Engineer or Crat have literally gotten nothing new to play with. It's starting to become a joke. When will you stop with them and move on to other professions that really need them? Look here.

14.6:

- Added Martial Artist only Bows (as if their damage output alone wasn't high enough already)
    - Four Fists of Kali is now made Self/Martial Artist only, effectively making Martial Artists a lot better at their skill then any other profession might be (understandable but still in relative terms it pushes downward any other profession who might want to use Martial Arts.)

14.5:
    - Added Small Ebony Figurines for the Martial Artist. While every profession got these, Martial Artist ones are some of the most useful for their profession added to their main skills and to treatment. When compared to Crat figurines. for example, which either use a nano skill we have no use for or add to skills we dont use (Matter Met and Melee Energy) it seems silly.

14.4:

- Added Area of Effect Fears effectively giving Martial Artists some of the best Crowd Control on the game. Before this, only Crats and Enforcers had single target fears. These both made sense, Enforcers being big and scary and Crats being the masters of crowd control. Why did Martial Artists need fears?
    - Fixed many broken nanos and Special Attacks. Other classes have been asking for fixes for up to 1 year with no change.
    - Increased the damage on Parry Sticks and Wall Blades, now along with martial Arts some of the best weapons in the game.

14.2:

- Martial Artists Crit buffs were made self only, effectively making them the best damage dealers in the game. Now they can have UVC while other professions are limited to Mark of Peril, which has a 17% Crit chance difference between the 2.
    - Added Martial Artist suits, some very good armor that any profession would love to have.
    - Added Claws for Martial Artists, some very good weapons that are currently the weapon of choice.

14.0:

- Martial Artist fist nanos effectively change their damage type to Energy, Chemical or Fire, the latter 2 being some of the least resisted armor class used in the game today (between Mobs and Players).
    - More fixes to Martial Artists initiatives.

13.8:

- Martial Arts skill above 120 stopped working with any weapon. Now, only Martial Artists with their weapons can effectively punch and use a weapon at the same time.

13.6:

- Special Arrows were added to be used with Bow Special Attack. The only profession with Green Bow special is Martial Artists.
    - Fixes to Inits on Martial Artist weapons.
    - Added unique loot for Martial Artists such as the Torturing Tool (one of the best).
    - Martial Arts damage was increased dramatically, effectively making them do the same damage as a slower weapons counterpart yet their attack was still 1/1 at full aggro with no inits.
    - Martial Arts Critical damage was increased dramatically (too much considering how often they crit for).
    - Stun added to brawl.

13.4:

- Destruction Nanos (short term damage buffs) had their nano shutdown of 2 minutes reduced to 15-20 seconds. They also had their nano cost and NCU cost dramatically reduced.
    The list is probably longer since I know I missed some things. When will it end for them? I know Martial Artists needed love pre-13.4 because they did probably the least damage in the game at the time, but enough is enough and excessive is excessive.

Start working on other professions who need tweaking like Engineers, Soldiers and Crats. Enough is Enough and i'm getting sick of Martial Artist changes EVERY SINGLE PATCH for the last year.
    Last edited by Cz; Oct 23rd, 2002 at 17:49:35.

I agree, i think the only thing MA ever needed was some kewl animations / emotes to go with their special attacks ( Like something out of the Matrix or The Iron Monkey ).
    Barry "Tribolt" Fukuda
    LvL 57 OT Fixer
    No Org. ( Recruit me!! )
    The Origin of Tribolt

Yep... yep... pretty funny huh?
    Enri - Adventurer
    Paxton - Bureaucrat
    Proud Member of Clan Anarchist Syndicate

START SEEING the difference between a player and game designer

Forum Education!

bump, so true

14.6 also has a slight change to Four Fists of Kali

how many of you are MAs?
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Bumpz0r!

MA's keep getting stuff and stuff and stuff and stuff (note: Usefull stuff).

Now get around to fixing the other classes as well - the MA is wellbalanced now, now move on FC!
    Soldier Equip

Victory to the omnis! The Renaissance attacked Nemesis in theyre base in Mort. The attackers won!
    [Gimpybot] Kiwaczek: how the hell they plant ct 8 min before timer ? [Gimpybot] Zantezutske: another nice exploit? (The Renaissance built CT)

Vlain: I am milk every of yous!!!

Proud member of The Renaissance

stop whining your getting a love patch in 14,6

well if MAs dident have those things would they have anything at all? think about it
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

13.4:

- Destruction Nanos (short term damage buffs) had their nano shutdown of 2 minutes reduced to 15-20 seconds. They also had their nano cost and NCU cost dramatically reduced.

they suck anyway no one uses em

14.2:

- Martial Artists Crit buffs were made self only, effectively making them the best damage dealers in the game. Now they can have UVC while other professions are limited to Mark of Peril, which has a 17% Crit chance difference between the 2.

If uvc was on all breeds like soldier etc it would be to powerful stop whining about it if you like UVC make an MA

- Added Area of Effect Fears effectively giving Martial Artists some of the best Crowd Control on the game. Before this, only Crats and Enforcers had single target fears. These both made sense, Enforcers being big and scary and Crats being the masters of crowd control. Why did Martial Artists need fears?

oh yes im using this in the backyard its fun but can i use it in missions? nope

looks like everyone is whining about nerfing other classes here.
    so theyr classes will get better
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

I think he said 'enough is enough'. Like an addict needs an 'intervention' sometimes to snap back to reality. I don't think I heard 'nerf'.

Did somebody say 'nerf'?

Originally posted by Pumpkin
    I think he said 'enough is enough'. Like an addict needs an 'intervention' sometimes to snap back to reality. I don't think I heard 'nerf'.

Did somebody say 'nerf'?
    in my ears thats nerf MAs so they dont get anything

shall i start talking about all the other breeds who has got anything good? DONT MAKE ME
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Originally posted by Phoenixbird
    13.4:

they suck anyway no one uses em
    HUH?~!?

At level like 30 it increased my damage by like 30%. Killing mobs a ton faster. BIG TIME HELP. Maybe it doesnt have that large of a effect in the high end game where you are critting for 2500 every time. But even for my trader the average damage for me non crit is 264. a 94+ damage nano would be increasing my non criticals by 40+ % Okay maybe because MAs are so overpowered that nano doesn't seem to do much but its the best damage buff i know of in the game and about the only one worth using,

AND it only requires 16 NCU. Which for a high level buff like that is nothing. I am damn sick of MAs getting all the attention. For all the stuff they have got compared to other profs they are due to go a few years now without getting anything.
    engie + ghetto crowd control + no healing + lowest hp + worst evades + bot who is never around. = worst prof in game

Bump for engie fix

Originally posted by Intrepid

HUH?~!?

At level like 30 it increased my damage by like 30%. Killing mobs a ton faster. BIG TIME HELP. Maybe it doesnt have that large of a effect in the high end game where you are critting for 2500 every time. But even for my trader the average damage for me non crit is 264. a 94+ damage nano would be increasing my non criticals by 40+ % Okay maybe because MAs are so overpowered that nano doesn't seem to do much but its the best damage buff i know of in the game and about the only one worth using,

AND it only requires 16 NCU. Which for a high level buff like that is nothing. I am damn sick of MAs getting all the attention. For all the stuff they have got compared to other profs they are due to go a few years now without getting anything.
    maybe they want to finish MAs first couse the most people on rk1 is MAs .. i think/me looks at auno.org
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

in my ears thats nerf MAs so they dont get anything

shall i start talking about all the other breeds who has got anything good? DONT MAKE ME
    No, but I think you should start talking about the other breeds (and even professions) that haven't got anything good since over a year.

No, but I think you should start talking about the other breeds (and even professions) that haven't got anything good since over a year.
    gimme a day
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

If uvc was on all breeds like soldier etc it would be to powerful stop whining about it if you like UVC make an MA

umm, I have no problem with the self only buff, but what you said in a nutshell is UVC is too powerfull, so why exactly are MA's privvy to this and nobody else? So they can be too powerfull?

I think MA's are fine as is, not calling for a nerf, but what you say makes very little sense to me.
    I am Dnastyone Official Broom pusher for The Professionals
    Painmage my newest funnest guy
    PHEAR ME RK1 Yazule IMMMM BACK

I would have to say that this is an typicall example of how an flame should not look like. You need to think things through and calm down before you try to write an flame... Im sorry but I would rate this flame with an 1. Aggression is to high, grammar and cursing isnt to well planned... Maybe he has an point somewhere in there but I dont even want to find it. - Centurion3

ROFLOL

Cool uhm

ohh lucid you clearly havent ever played as an Ma min dmg artist as i was for almost 6-7 months....

And whos to complain about adding things to this game i think all that is added is cool and may help my main or my alts.

Dont think for a second that many of theese changes takes too much time to do, it all has to do with the db which defines skills and other stuff one can use. Some that may seem simple may take a lot of time and things that seem hard may be simple , its just the way it is when working with plsql db's and c++ programming.

Cyb back to coding

eh breeds why the beeds im talking about professions
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

Originally posted by Yazule

umm, I have no problem with the self only buff, but what you said in a nutshell is UVC is too powerfull, so why exactly are MA's privvy to this and nobody else? So they can be too powerfull?

I think MA's are fine as is, not calling for a nerf, but what you say makes very little sense to me.
    seen a MA who dont critt?
    Carmilla - 210 Shade
    Zerosnake - 220 Agent

maybe they want to finish MAs first couse the most people on rk1 is MAs .. i think/me looks at auno.org
    this is retard logic.

most people play MAs because they are uber and easy to play. they are uber and easy to play because funcom keeps implementing new MA features. this makes the easier to play and more uber. which makes more people become MAs.

so under your "logic" funcom should just keep implementing new features on MAs because more and more people play them because of all the uber features funcom has already implemented?! i guess cratz will never get anything under this way of thinking.

so much for leveling the playing field, i guess.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast