Thread: Bosses still immune to UBT (all -inits)

Bosses still immune to UBT (all -inits)

So i asked a high lvl doc to test out a few things on TEST as of patch 18.7.0.17
    Haven't seen any mention on ubt resistance being removed on bosses so i asked him to test that inside miitaar.

Guess what?
    He still resist.

What does that mean? You won't be able to init debuff bosses at all as they stuff every init debuff in the same nanoline, with the exception of LE -init procs i guess.

Doubt we'll get any comment on it and can only hope that there is still A LOT of stuff that's getting a treatment/modified before live, but now you know at least.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

Sigh i was hoping the the serious crat init nerfs docs ubt would get some love. Guess not...

Just for clarification, that was me and I'm female
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Yeah, they should be immune to crat debuffs too. Pvm in this game is too damn easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Pafpuf View Post
    Pvm in this game is too damn easy.
    I would agree, to a point. When viewed from a third-person perspective, just looking at the mechanics, the content does seem rather easy. However, having a Doc as a main for many years I can say from personal experience and opinion that the current end-game content is incredibly unforgiving. It has to be; with heals the way they are, the only way to make content even remotely challenging is to have the threat of death linger permanently over every player. Take DB3 as an example:

The first boss has two things that are likely to kill you: The fire, and the DoT. The DoT can be healed through, although it can be a bit tricky on low-HP players with no defensive options to counter it, but the fire is an instant kill. It has to be an instant kill because if it's not, then the content wouldn't be threatening because of how easy it is to heal a single player for their entire HP.

The second boss is much the same, more one-shot mechanics (virus/bomb) providing the only 'challenge' of the encounter. PvM content has to be designed to offer a challenge to even the most end-game Docs, and for the most part the easiest way to do that is to simply take healing out of the equation; usually by instantly killing players.

The root cause of this (in my opinion) is the amount of healing available to Doctors. If Doctor healing was reduced by half, and nanocosts were quadrupled then the content could be designed in such a way as to tax a Doctor’s nanopool and test their throughput efficiency, rather than their reaction times. In a world where nano matters more and throughput matters less, then the value of defensive abilities across other professions increases and encounters no longer need to be designed around insta-gib mechanics.

Unfortunately it’s not as easy as just changing a few numbers and being done with it. The entire game is inadvertently designed around the abilities of professions in their current state. Imagine PvPing as a Doctor who couldn’t fully heal themselves every 4 seconds; imagine levelling a Doctor with nanocosts 4x what they are now. Both of those situations would be nightmarish for the Doctor. Then of course there’s the content itself, which brings me back to nano’s first post in this thread. If the content was designed around the performance of certain professions at a specific point in time, then altering the toolkit of those professions further down the track introduces a performance discrepancy that didn’t exist prior to the change.

To consider a change in a vacuum is a mistake, as it is only by combining all of the changes being made that we can see their true effects. At a glance, UBT remaining next to impossible to land on most bosses sounds like a pretty damning nerf. However, between individual profession changes and the implementation of Deflect, the actual gain or loss is likely to be different to at least a minor extent.

My thoughts
    -Trony-
    Doctrony - 220/30 Doctor
    Neurix - 100/10 Nano-Technician

"The best of leaders when the job is done, when the task is
    accomplished, the people will say we have done it ourselves"
    - Lao Tzu

Quote Originally Posted by Doctrony View Post
    To consider a change in a vacuum is a mistake, as it is only by combining all of the changes being made that we can see their true effects. At a glance, UBT remaining next to impossible to land on most bosses sounds like a pretty damning nerf. However, between individual profession changes and the implementation of Deflect, the actual gain or loss is likely to be different to at least a minor extent.

My thoughts
    -Trony-
    Couldn't agree more. I'm hoping we get a lot of people on Test doing raids, PvP, etc so these changes can be tested because as is, it is almost impossible to understand the true impact of the changes.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Well, if they keep it as it is atm i'de have to welcome and congratulate mp's as they will now be a part of the core since they have a (small) init debuff and -damage debuffs.

ha-ha-ha...
    Last edited by nanoforcer; Aug 10th, 2014 at 00:55:51.
    Don't you just hate this kind of ppl
    http://redwing.hutman.net/%7Emreed/w...rouscranus.htm

If it wasn't in the patch notes then one can assume that changes to UBT haven't happened yet. (Soon TM)