Thread: We dont have the technology to flag all your toons for the transportation quest!

We dont have the technology to flag all your toons for the transportation quest!

Seriously, get over it. You really think AO has the ability to code in a quest that can flag your entire account? Get real.

Just to clarify why this change exists, is to make it so people dont warp too and from Arete because item shop transportation items will be available to new players.

Sure they could have created some sort of requirements to transportation items such as level requirement or skill requirement or "X cant be used in X playfield" but I read somewhere that Genele said the quest was the best option after considering multiple work arounds.

My only suggestion to people with a million toons is you can either grind the quest (which takes minutes to do) and complain the whole time on how such a big grind it is. Or when you log a toon to actually play it, do the quest then and save doing the quest on your other toons for when you actually log them.

Flag your account when you do the quest on one toon? Oh man, you people live in a world where everyone gets a trophy and ice cream after losing.

The whole thing is silly and pathetic game design.

Well, having put all of 20 seconds into thinking i would have thought it would be just as easy to add "quest [leave Arete] not running" as "quest [leave Arete] done" in the requirements.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by doctorgore View Post
    The whole thing is silly and pathetic game design.
    This.

Just curious, are there any items that have a quest status as an equip/use requirement? I just take FC at their word, they know the capabilities of their code better than any of us. Maybe the "quest" should just be talking to a NPC outside Arete instead of hoops to jump through?
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Tryptophy View Post
    Just curious, are there any items that have a quest status as an equip/use requirement? I just take FC at their word, they know the capabilities of their code better than any of us. Maybe the "quest" should just be talking to a NPC outside Arete instead of hoops to jump through?
    I agree ... the quest should simply be a conversation with the quest NPC, or to hand him an item or deliver an item to a 2nd NPC in ICC.

Currently the quest requires comp/lit of an amount that would preclude any toon using their beacons or meep programs until they are level 30 or so.

There should be no skill requirement for this quest. It should be like the one in Borealis where you deliver a bio-com to the lady outside the basic shop.

Emma

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    Seriously, get over it. You really think AO has the ability to code in a quest that can flag your entire account? Get real.
    Are you serious? And Do you mean AO devs or AO engine?

Characters have an ID#... and Accounts have an ID too....it's in the database ....the character ID's are linked to the Account ID...so how is it impossible to not link Characters to an Account when characters are already linked to accounts?

The quest tells the database this character finnished the quests and is connected to an account,that account is flagged in database as having done the quest..... Next character on the account tries to do the quest, game checked database and sees the account is flagged as having done the quest.

I am pretty sure they could even link an item to an account if they wanted to and let you mail the item to an alt.. the mail system would just make sure the item is being sent to a character that shares the same Account ID.
    Last edited by juggaloklown; Aug 8th, 2014 at 18:02:12.

This whole complaining is so pointless. The quest is here, you have to do it to use teleports, thus you will do it.
    When you're done, you will stop complaining and move on.
    It's really that simple.

I agree though, that it shouldn't have any requirements that a lvl 10 char can't easily meet.
    Don't set yourself on fire to keep others warm.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    This whole complaining is so pointless. The quest is here, you have to do it to use teleports, thus you will do it.
    When you're done, you will stop complaining and move on.
    It's really that simple.

I agree though, that it shouldn't have any requirements that a lvl 10 char can't easily meet.

eat your AO "veggies" and no complaining then you'll get to "Desert" the start up area ^_=
    Last edited by Hokutonoken; Aug 8th, 2014 at 18:23:22. Reason: desert served! ^_=
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"

Quote Originally Posted by Baby View Post
    This. There's no way to make a requirement that the twinkers can't get around and that the regular players can still find usable. Even if there was such a thing, 150 CL ain't it. Drop the req so we can move on to complaining commenting about other things...because boy, are there other things.

i mean its not like there's a transportation device for a starting area already ingame with a level requirement.

Transportation Officer Darren Plush: Good day to you, citizen.

Christoferus: Hello, I heard you were the guy to talk to in order to get this stupid certificate of travel...

Transportation Officer Darren Plush: ICC in cooperation with Omni-Tek has put some new rules and regulations in to place. In order to ensure safe passage through the grid, every user needs to obtain a certificate to access the grid remotely. That goes for any other means of direct transportation from one place to another. Through the certificate, we can track movement to ensure criminals get dealt with quickly.

Christoferus: This is minibull ****! I have been accessing the grid remotely for years without needing any certificate!

Transportation Officer Darren Plush: Rules are rules. Don't kill the messenger, I'm only here to help you through it as quickly as possible. So, are you up for the challenge?

Christoferus: This is hardly a challenge! But, fine let's get this over with...
    Transportation Officer Darren Plush: Relax I'm sure you will do just fine. Your first mission is really simple, enter the grid and locate our new grid security software. Ensure that you are fully aware that it actually exists and that its there to protect you.
    And really the quest text is kinda trolling players anyway....

It shouldn't be more than a matter of talking to the NPC, and a bypass "I already know how to get around" option.
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    And really the quest text is kinda trolling players anyway....

It shouldn't be more than a matter of talking to the NPC, and a bypass "I already know how to get around" option.
    If your comp/lit is less than 150 he doesn't even talk to you ... no opportunity to complain.

Quest should simply be a requirement to Talk to the NPC, nothing more.

Emma

You need to twink up/level up CL just to talk to the guy? Really?

Does this change affect Whompas too given they're also teleportation devices?

That's utterly amazing in a 'wtf are people thinking?' way.

Ophiuchus : 220/30/80 HAHA etc
    Nahuatl
    :: 220/30/80 Melee 4lyfe
    Khurkh :: 220/30/80 healtankpew
    Transcendence
    Msanthropic
    : 210/26/60 nanostab
    Spidershiva :: 165/23/42 kite? eh?
    Silentmotion
    : 150/20/42 tankthink
    The Union